Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madmax13
    I have to go with what Toycoma said, you may as well just get an s13.

Cade,
    Yes, the AE86 is really a POS car that no one should ever use. I prefer 240's, way easier to drive.

More seriously, im in the process of building up my sc300 a little so i had something more streetable and can take to ddays.

spag,
    Its still a good potential learning car. The AE86 is famous as being the underpowered car, well you got one with even less power, now you really have to learn how to use the cars weight to keep a nice smooth drift. If anything, your going to have to replace the motor at some point, dont concider any kind of mods to the 4ac, its just a waste of money.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Alex, are you going to take that SC300 into competition?

Or are you going to drive AE86?

What car are you driving next season or is it still hush-hush?

Comment

• Hey Alex. Right now i am a poor college student with nothing to drive around in but an 1992 buick LaSabre. Is there any way i could improve my driving techniques with this (very nice car, just not for me) POS to help myself. I've been running backroads just to practice line taking, so that when i get the money to have a real car (FC, AE86, AW11, or S-13), i would not have lost much time. For me, its a matter of just having to serve a lot of coffee for a long time .

Comment

• Craftsman
          I dont really know what ill be driving next year. For now I enjoy driving that s2k.

madmax13,
          I know what its like not to have anything to drive. What i ended up doing was learning as much as i could about cars. Working on them alot made it posible to fix up a car for much cheeper when i did get some money.
          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Alex, what is your problem with the MR2? Is it a specific mark, or just the whole series?

Comment

• Which is faster?

Hi there... im just curious of something, which is faster to go side ways? By BRAKING drift or Clutching drift?

Comment

• I hate MR2's and there owners. People think that just cause the motor is in the back of a car it makes it better than other cars. That its the closest thing to F1 that you can buy for the street. Thats far from the truth. They are some of the worse handling cars in the world. Any car that runs a strut style rear suspension does not work.

Let me explain a bit. A strut type suspension does only one thing well, it gives a very quick feel for initial turn in. This is why most of the owners think they have a car that is on rails. Its far from the truth since it does give this instant feel, it also lacks the camber change to give good mid corner and corner exit speed. Its also the worse suspension design for forward acceleration. You never see any rwd cars drag racing with a suspension design like that. Also all good road race cars have a multi link, double wishbone,or an occasional solid rear axle rear suspension. Never a strut type.

There is also another big flaw to they way the car was designed, since it is a street car, they take every opertunity to move everything to get the most cargo space, ie rear trunk, bigger engine compartment, which makes for a bad angle on the rear struts.

All the above also goes into effect on Boxsters and Feiros. They suck plain and simple. Anyone who says they are better then other designs is an idiot because they really dont understand the physics behind what the car is actually doing. I'm really tired of these MR2 posts on this board.

eighteen_05
                Clutch kick

Comment

• yo Alex no questions just my low res shot of you and the awesome airbrush job. thanks for the pose and the signature for my friend. btw if you remember the purple sharpie...the thing got about 10 drivers/drifters signatures then went back to part labeling in our "lab" currently undergoing a SR20det swap in the s13coupe... hope to see you next year hang loose bro
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by AssEndOut; 10-22-2004, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• wow alex, i always wondered why Brian(wong) hates mr2s with every fiber of his being, and now i know who he got it from.

Comment

• i see... clutching huh... but why is it? and how does it work?

Comment

• Originally posted by eighteen_05
                        i see... clutching huh... but why is it? and how does it work?
                        http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...ht=clutch+kick

Eighteen... If you are new to the site and don't know what a certain word means, searching is a good idea... (Not trying to be mean)

Comment

• Oh and one more thing ......

Hey Alex, here's a question for ya..........

What's a Shocker?!?!?
                          Last edited by AssEndOut; 10-22-2004, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AssEndOut
                            Oh and one more thing ......

Hey Alex, here's a question for ya..........

What's a Shocker?!?!?
                            come on, he hangs out with the guys from Grip video, of course he knows what it is.

Comment

• Duh...of course... just wanted someone other than myself to have a smile on their face.....

Comment

• yo alex are you the least bit fond of the fc3s?

Comment

Working...
                                X