Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jk240sx
    get Section Silkroad in 9/7 springs rates
    Yes, silk roads are great for the money. go to dgtrials.com and click on festival garage or what ever its called and you can order them from there. they are 1300 shipped if prices havent changed.

Alex, do you know of any place that would be capable of getting me coil overs for my 90 cressida? what do you run on the front of the 86 since they have the same strut design?

Comment

• Alex- Do you think you could drift this MR2?

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70378

it's got good top end, and a bit of extra weight over the rear wheels, but boy does it get sideways......LOL LOL LOL

Comment

• yes, along with toycoma, what was your full suspension design for that kickass 86 of yours? also, what transmission did you use for the 86 with a gze block and bluetop head? did tye t3 spool up quick or did it take a while? please reply!

best reguards

-mike

Comment

• oh yea...

how much would you sell your ae86 for? lol. :-D

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax13
            I am sure this represents the vast minority of MR2 owners....There are people like me, who are looking for a cheap, fairly reliable sports car that is unique. Thats what drew me to the AW11 (i didn't buy one, but almost did). I just think a lot of people think that out of the box, they are decent track cars.
            So true.
            BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Originally posted by Toycoma
              isnt this the guy who rolled his mr2 while doing a hillclimb?
              If he is, then i give him props. He uses his car, and isnt afraid to go for it.
              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Originally posted by cardude111
                Toycoma - nope that was a friend of his.

Craftsman - I do not see how you can make such a statement: "Wow... Just because Alex Pfeiffer has an opinion on things, MR2 community decides to hate him..." with out anything to back it up. If you had read the posts on the mr2 board you would have seen that people were curious to why someone would say "I hate mr2s and their owners" and then try to advertise and sell his parts. There were even some who gave praise to his products.

AlexPfeiffer - You can say what you like about the car, thats fine. I have never heard or seen people say mr2s are the god of all cars and are better then all cars out there, but maybe it is because I tend not to read about mr2 related material outside that message board. If you knew more about the community of mr2oc is that we do realize the weaknesses of the car and are constantly try to find ways to make things better with what we have to work with.

"They are some of the worse handling cars in the world. Any car that runs a strut style rear suspension does not work. "

You start to explain a bit, and I do get with what you are saying. So if you could please explain further on this, infact if you could on the mr2 board I'm sure you would enlighten many owners who dont know or who think otherwise. I'm sure you will find that most members will welcome such knowledge and insight from a professional!

To the rest - Yes, the USCC may not be the best way to determine things I just wanted to show that the mr2 is a capable car. When a vast majority of people go out and buy a car they do look at those silly 0-60numbers, 1/4 mile, braking distance, etc. Also a vast majority of people are not going to buy a car to run a road coarse or track, though some may do so for fun or minor competition. In my opinion they want something they can drive on the streets and have fun with. Some may dedicate the car to drag racing, autoX, or other types of racing. It is then when most people begin to get truely educated on the car and its capabilities. Though there are always some owners who think, what we mr2 owners appear to be stereotyped as "Drivers of the closest thing to an F1 car on the street.", and can take on anything since we are designed the best. These owners, like many in other car communities, often have to learn the hardway and its a shame that their actions/words bring down and misrepresent an entire community.
                Something that i found really hard to do is to talk about cars with people. Let alone suspensions and the different designs. Even if i did put it to words, most do not understand it till you take their car and change something on it.

I feel that you must expeience something inorder to understand it. Just for conversation sake, say you read a book on something, lets just say welding. You may know alot about it but you still havent tried it. You can talk about it because you have some knowlege from reading a book. Then get a chance to actually try it and you find out its alot harder then the book made it out to be. To be a good welder, it takes years of practice. Not something you get out of the book. The internet is full of people with book knowlege and not much experience. No one can give someone experience, thats something they must go out and get.

The reason why i said mr2 owners are idiots was because you came on this post just to be like "see, the mr2 won something, its a good car". To me you opened a can a worms.

I know there are alot of educated mr2 owners, they dont bother me. They understand that they bought the car because its a cheep, sporty, reliable car. I just dont like the fnf mr2 owners. The young ones who bought the car cause its mid engine and handles on rails. Those are the unexperienced ones who need to learn when to keep their mouth shut.

I notice that the more unknowlegeable people are, the more they try to say things they know. For instance, "the mr2 won something". They should read the book about welding again, then go and practice it, before talking about it.

Comment

• gtrmonkey, I personally like k office and zeil, but for the money, HE's can be a good starter.

Cade,
                  I've always loved the drifting fans. The one thing i noticed on this board when i started coming on here was the fact that not many people on this board really knew or understood what was going on with the us drift community. I think this has changed alot this year, people are much more aware of the going ons and are more informed. People are not as biased as they used to be, i mean people still have their favorite drivers and opinions, but i feel they are more open minded to new things.

Toycoma,
                  Thats a hard one. Hmm, maybe special order from japan. Or you could make some coil overs.

doriSW20,
                  I wouldnt even try to drift that car. And i dont think id want to drive it ether. I wouldnt let go of the throtle untill that thing caught air. Think id rather just watch someone else go for it. If you could, when there is a vid of it running, post it up.

ONtheROADagain,
                  I used the stock trans for a long time. It cant handle the hp and i broke like 5 of them this year. I have since put a w58 in the car but still working out the bugs to get it right. Still need to get a stronger rear end. At this point, i'd rather crash it myself then sell it. But 10k would be nice.

Comment

• woot on the ZEALs ive never been more happy with a car mod then when i got some Zeals.

Comment

• Hey Alex, I have a few questions for you. I apologize in advance if these have been answered already; I've looked but not found the answers.

1. I know that you have experience with road racing, rally, and other forms of competitive driving. Why did you choose drifting, rather than the others?

2. It sounds like Japan is a much more friendly place for drifters than the US. Have you considered moving there? Why did you decide to stay?

3. What does it take to make a career of racing? If someone has the talent, how do they go from amateur to pro? It seems most amateur race series go unnoticed, and that those with a high degree of visibility cost too much for the unsponsored.

4. Do you know if it would be easier become a professional road racer in Japan than stateside?

Thanks.

Comment

• raptureRX7
                        1. I didnt really choose drifting over the other motorsports. Its just that i've been doing it alot longer then most so it was natural progression to get more involved with it then the other motorsports.

2. Never really thought about moving out of this country.

3. Talent is nothing without money. In order to get sponcers you must prove you are worth their investment. The only way to do that is beat the sponcered teams. You cant do that without money. No sponcers pay attention to club racing so dont look for any kind of sponcership there.

4. I dont really know what its like there. We do see alot of touge drivers moving up to racing/drifting. But im sure that its still not that easy as it may seem.

Comment

• Alex your so sexy.. when can you sign my chest.. haha.. hope the sweater did you some justice last night.... see ya at the track..

Comment

• alex, do you feel that having power steering on an 86 is unesscessary? what did your 86 have? did swapping the engine throw your car's balance off any? thanks in advance!

-mike

Comment

• Stannyboy,
                              Yeah, I was pretty cold!!

ONtheROADagain,
                              Right now i have a non power rack, but i also use non power knuckles which are longer so its not that hard to turn. I usually suggest if your power steering is in and working, leave it alone. If its broke, then take it off. Still comes down to personal preferance though.
                              I still have a 4ag in my car so the weight is still pretty much the same.

Comment

• What do you think about the Mitsu Starion, Chrysler Conquest line?

Also, did you have a certain drifter you looked up to when you where starting out?

Comment

Working...
                                X