No announcement yet.

Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex just wanted to say big thanks for coming out to Chicago, best time at a Bowling Alley ever . Also thanks for the tips and driving my car and all. Next time I'll dirt drop it everytime and take first. See you in August.

- Simba

Comment

• Hey Alex i was just wondering what knid of turbo you ran on your 86 because i was thinking of going down that same path and i want to get as much information as i can before i start on my project. I was also wondering if i wanted 250 hp to the flywheel what kind of transmisson could take that abuse? Anyways just tyhought you might be able to help me

Thanx and good luck this season

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
        Enemigo,
        Man those are old. That was the second battle version drift event in hawaii wasnt it? I miss those days.
        Yup.. it was the 2nd one.. Definately great times.. I'll be moving back to Hawaii in 45 days.. So, i'll be hittin' up HRP and perfect my drift skills.. hopefully you'll make a guest appearance one of these days. Take care.

Jose

Comment

• Hachi-roku04, I dont have much experience with the 510's. Airsplat is one of the sponcers for the s2k, but i dont have one of the guns.

djnarush, The ae86 rear end is too weak for your truck. Id look for something a little stronger. Maybe the offroad guys may have something to fit your truck and be a bit stronger.

kidynomite, You did a good job out there. I was the only one that didnt like the dirt drop, mainly cause I didnt want to make the track officials mad, expecially if someone hit one of those plastic walls. They hate fixing those things.

Zechs, Right now i have a s15 turbo, which is a gt28. It still has a bit of lag. For 250hp, you need a w55,w56, or w58 trans. There are a couple companies that sell bell housings to fit it onto the 4ag.

Enemigo, I really want to take a vacation and go home for a few weeks.
          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Thanx for the help Alex just a couple of quick questions uif i get a w55 w56 w58 can i still use the same drive shaft and rear end that i have now? Also what would be a good turbo that would produce less lag then the gt28? Also how much would it cost for a custom exhaust manifold to be made?
            thanx again

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
              kidynomite, You did a good job out there. I was the only one that didnt like the dirt drop, mainly cause I didnt want to make the track officials mad, expecially if someone hit one of those plastic walls. They hate fixing those things.
              Ya thats true, luckily the fire marshall guys thought we did a good job taking care of the track. And they said we did a lot less damage than they thought we were going to do. We are working on hagving another event over there in the next coming months.

Comment

• Zechs,
                You will need a drive shaft and you should replace the rear end with at least the older supra one. Take a look on club4ag.com, alot of people have upgrades that you should look at.

kidynomite,
                Yeah, the track guys seemed happy. Since it was the first drift thing on that track, the last thing you want to do is mess the place up. I really enjoyed that track, and it was a challenging place to drift, hope to go back there again.
                BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Hello Alex,
                  I've got an S14 w/ the stock KA and I was wondering since I'm still new to drifting (2 events), at what point would you suggest upping the power? At what point of my learning process would having more power be most helpful? Also, will you be at DD26 fontana?

Comment

• hey alex,
                    at the next dd will you come take a ride with me and tell me how much i suck? that would be really cool

thanks
                    -anthony---->guy with the blue 350z(brandon's friend)

p.s. as soon as i get some more money(couple more weeks), i am gonna get your steering angle mod for my car

Comment

• Originally posted by daytona350z
                      p.s. as soon as i get some more money(couple more weeks), i am gonna get your steering angle mod for my car
                      youve been saying that for months :P

Comment

• Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
                        youve been saying that for months :P
                        yea, i have been waiting to get better before i do the mod.

Comment

• Yeah, I'll make sure i jump in next time. But you do need that sterring mod, it will make it easier to learn.

Comment

• Alex, since im trying to keep my truck functional(as discussed in the office)
                            im not going to cut through my bed..
                            SOOoOOO since i am going 4 link with coil overs.. the coils are going to have to be at an angle...
                            my stock shox are prob at a 35 ta 40 degree angle....
                            when i go coilovers, since they are longer, im prob going to have to mount them at a higher angle.. like a 45 to 55 degree angle...
                            how will this effect the charistaristics (wtf sp?) of the coil spring rate and dampening....
                            since its at a higher angle, there will be less travel, so basically i should go with a higher spring rate and dampening?

Comment

• djnarush,
                              Yup. Since the shocks are at an angle, go up maybe 20% on the spring rate. I"d suggest going for some coil overs from some of the hot rod shops such as AFCO or QA1. You can get some pretty good dual adjustable (separate bump and rebound adjusters) shocks for a good price.

Comment

• i was looking at these from summit

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=KeywordSearch

Comment

Working...
                                X