Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daytona350z
    hey alex, thanks for the 5 links for my corolla i just anodized/painted them myself now i have a rare set of purple battle version links hopefully will install sometime this week.

btw, my magazine shoot is coming up soon, do you have any battle version stickers?

also will you be at the next dd?
    thanks
    Magazine shoot for the corolla? Thats cool what mag is it?

Comment

• I got a question for you Alex and I think its one that a lot of us have on our minds right now as SEMA just came to a close.

What on earth possesed you to give up competition to judge for next season?????

Im not saying its a good or bad choice..but out of all the current US drivers you're the one whos known for having a lot of passion for the sport and you are a pretty bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* competitor at that.

Were you that dissapointed in the previous judging that you felt you needed to throw in the helmet and judge yourself?

I mean DUDE! you had a full ride from RS-R! Granted the car took a lot of work to get it to the way you like it but still!

I for one am DYING to know what the heck on this planet did Ryan and Jim say to you or what was on your mind to bring you to such a decision?

Enlighten us wise one!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by brainfood
        Magazine shoot for the corolla? Thats cool what mag is it?
        susperstreet will be shooting the corolla

Comment

• Originally posted by MonkeySlide
          I got a question for you Alex and I think its one that a lot of us have on our minds right now as SEMA just came to a close.

Im not saying its a good or bad choice..but out of all the current US drivers you're the one whos known for having a lot of passion for the sport and you are a pretty bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* competitor at that.

Were you that dissapointed in the previous judging that you felt you needed to throw in the helmet and judge yourself?

I mean DUDE! you had a full ride from RS-R! Granted the car took a lot of work to get it to the way you like it but still!

I for one am DYING to know what the heck on this planet did Ryan and Jim say to you or what was on your mind to bring you to such a decision?

Enlighten us wise one!!!

maybe he is stepping up to D1

Comment

• Originally posted by my 1 88 u
            maybe he is stepping up to D1
            he already has comepted in d1... what would be the point of competing exclusively in a series thats only here once a year for points.

Comment

• Originally posted by MonkeySlide
              I got a question for you Alex and I think its one that a lot of us have on our minds right now as SEMA just came to a close.

Enlighten us wise one!!!
              It wasnt so much what Jim and Ryan had to say but it was the other drivers.

I mean, its fun as hell to drive that s2k for RS*R, but I feel and many of the other drivers feel that we need to be judged by our own peers who understand what we are doing. We had a meeting with formula d before sema with the seeded drivers and one of the main topics where about who would be the judges for this season. Without hessitation Sam put up his hand and said, "Alex would be a good judge".

Formula D did a vote, and everyone had a peice of paper with 3 names on it of who they wanted to see as judges and yes, I did get alot of votes.

For me, I want to see our sport grow here in the states. I think inorder for that to happen, some of us have to make sacrifices. After drifting for so many years and watching the sport grow, I feel it was time for me to move out of the drivers seat for a bit and pay my dues again. I will still be running in the demo events and you will always see me at the practice days so I will still be driving, just not competing in FD. I will also run in D1 as long as they allow me to.
              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• hey alex
                i just sold my car (i think you remeber gold 240sx with the ca18, at dd2 something you drove it to try to help me figure out that janky cut out problem)

i was wondering your opinoins on a l.s.d. my old one had a kaaz, i am looking at either a nismo gt pro or the ats deft force s14 model.
                thanks
                matt

Comment

• alex is your phone working?
                  (626) 786-7444
                  (818) 897-7445

Ask for CHRIS

MILANO MOTORSPORTS-Front-Clips
                  -Engine SWAPS/Installation
                  -Used Parts - all that and a bag of chips
                  -350Z used parts

www.Turboneticsinc.com
                  www.cxracing.com
                  www.kaazusa.com
                  www.coopertires.com
                  www.specclutch.com

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
                    It wasnt so much what Jim and Ryan had to say but it was the other drivers.

I mean, its fun as hell to drive that s2k for RS*R, but I feel and many of the other drivers feel that we need to be judged by our own peers who understand what we are doing. We had a meeting with formula d before sema with the seeded drivers and one of the main topics where about who would be the judges for this season. Without hessitation Sam put up his hand and said, "Alex would be a good judge".

Formula D did a vote, and everyone had a peice of paper with 3 names on it of who they wanted to see as judges and yes, I did get alot of votes.

For me, I want to see our sport grow here in the states. I think inorder for that to happen, some of us have to make sacrifices. After drifting for so many years and watching the sport grow, I feel it was time for me to move out of the drivers seat for a bit and pay my dues again. I will still be running in the demo events and you will always see me at the practice days so I will still be driving, just not competing in FD. I will also run in D1 as long as they allow me to.
                    To be 110% honest with you, Im somewhat dissapointed.

However I understand that this is something you have to do and probably a lot better in the long run because now we dont have to worry about seeing BS calls and stuff like that in FD competition...I just think that it really SUCKS that it had to cost us one of our best drivers to do it.

Although I think its really cool that you actually got VOTED into the juding seat, that means you got mad respect, LoL or it could mean that everyone was just in a hurry to get you in the judging seat so they wouldn't have to compete against you anymore Ah its probably the first one though

I guess what Im trying to get at is that I understand that this is probably the best thing for everyone but it just sucks to see ya go man.

As far as paying your dues...DUDE you left HAWAII to move to LA!!! I think you suffered enough!

Looking forward to seeing you set things straight for 06 though man.

anyway since this is the Ask Alex thread I should ask a question.. soo..

You said that you'll still run demos and D1 if you're allowed to, so will you still be using the S2K for that or will you be running a different car now?

Comment

• Just a fuel question. How would you set up a surge tank? Everytime I have half a tank or less my car starves around right turn drifts. Is it necessary for an extra pump? I already have a walbro 255 in the tank. Oh yeah It's good to see that the judging will be in check for the next FD season. Thanks bra
                      I guess If your still judging there when I make it to that level, some L&L might help in the finals
                      Last edited by hillkill; 11-11-2005, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
                        I will also run in D1 as long as they allow me to.
                        any japanese events?

Comment

• MonkeySlide,
                          I know, it sucks I wont drive as much. I'll still be working with RS*R and using the s2k for december US vs Japan. Hopefully get that thing set up for the first round of D1 in march.

hillkill,
                          L&L would be perfect.
                          For a surge tank, its basicly a small tank outside the main tank. Your basicly making a small gas tank, about 1/2 to 1 gallon in size, usually out of aluminum, and run a low pressure pump to push fuel into it from the main tank. Then connect your high pressure pump to that.

You end up with 4 lines, 3 of which are on the top of the tank.
                          1, fuel from the main tank, feeded by a low pressure pump.
                          2, the return line from the motor
                          3, and over flow line for when that surge tank is full, running back to the regular overflow line on teh main tank.
                          4, main feed line to the motor, your main fuel pump and fuel line to the motor is connected to. Mount this one at the bottom of the surge tank.

If your getting problems with running out of fuel in corners then this would be the way to go. Its not cheep to make all of the lines and add an extra pump though.

my 1 88 u,
                          naw, just the USA ones.
                          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• taking one for the team

alex, meet you at soldier field you were very respectfull to me as a fan and just wanted thank you for taking one for all us fans and the drivers of FD !!!!!
                            see you there in 2006.

Comment

• alax are anybody, my friend give me his 90 cressida a well ago. I am planning to put a 7m trubo motor in it. My problem is that I went to change the rear diff to limited slip. The question is, do they make Limited slip for the cersside's
                              are I of to find a way to fit the supra rear diff to this car? please help!!

Comment

• quick question. On your 86 what tire pressure do you use the most wile drifting (front and back)?

thanks
                                Kelten

Comment

Working...
                                X