No announcement yet.

Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First off... like to say nice meeting you in monroe at the last minute.
    you must be like "ok...and you are?"....i was the guy in the SC300 with the VVTi 1jz on the way out while you were on the go cart.

Anywho-
    as much as you want to drive the SC (lol)..an offer has been proposed to purchase the it. weighing the options has been hard as the only thing i want to give it up for is a jzx100 but the cash is there and many other nice offers. the hardest thing has been replacement of the vehicle (biz, show, drift) , basically creating another like it and the fact that its one of the only ones i know like it. So... from a fellow owner weighing all options help a brother make a sound decision.

If i keep it- ill be needing some battle version stuff but man...can you hook up more options please! need the whole set up. thx man

Lou-dragdriftautox.com
    Last edited by VuDuDoc; 09-10-2006, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Alex,
      are you related to Michelle Pfeiffer?

-randy

Comment

• Randy,
        Thats my cousin. I go to her house for dinner sometimes. LOL

VuDuDoc,
        Yeah, we didnt get a chance to chit chat. If someone offers you a good deal on a car, you should take it. Its only a peice of metal and the best way to make it better is to use it as a down payment for something new.
        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
          Randy,
          Thats my cousin. I go to her house for dinner sometimes. LOL

VuDuDoc,
          Yeah, we didnt get a chance to chit chat. If someone offers you a good deal on a car, you should take it. Its only a peice of metal and the best way to make it better is to use it as a down payment for something new.
          Thx.too bad you wont be able to drive it.
          oh well ....working on another project you might like

Comment

• I want a banna cream pie. hahaha..

Comment

• I was at dday today and someone said they saw something about that on speed chanel?
              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• yeah alex the episode with team gold wheels vs team win aired this past tuesday on red line tv.. i found it quite entertaining.. too bad u lost to lance haha.. lucky u didn't get hit with the pie haha..

damm i wish i could of drove yesterday.. bah.. working at night sucks so u judging next week at round 4????
                Last edited by Stannyboy; 09-15-2006, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• I'm not sure yet if I'll be up there for round 4. Hopefully I can though.

Comment

• Good to see you got home from BBQ alright.

Comment

• whats going on Alex I'm back in the game after a couple years of not having a car to mess around on. NO one could really answer my question so maybe you can hellp me out. I'm looking to get some coilovers for my is300. Kinda leaning toward some silkroads. What do you think??

Comment

• I havent really kept up with the coil overs for the is300, the silkroads are usually a good brand. I'd say go for it.

Comment

• Welcome Back

Welcome back to all of the judges for '07...

gonna be a blast!

Comment

• lol

When you come back to Seattle, can we hold a golf-kart wheelie contest, whichever group wheelies the furthest gets an 18 pack?

NissanPacific.com
                            EOPerformance.net
                            Last edited by Realchaos1; 12-04-2006, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• So since this place is getting boring and there hasnt been any new posts in a while, I figured I may as well throw up some of the projects that have been going on durring the off season.

Here is my locost rebuild,

As some of you may know, I bought a locost from someone here in socal about a year and a half ago. I havent had much time to work on it so I didnt do much to it. Since it was running I just enjoyed driving it around even though I really got tired of people saying "cool car, what is it?"

So anyway, a few months ago the carb started to leak and I was tired of the 40hp this old ford cortina motor felt like it had. The carb wasnt jetted right and the motor was starting to get a couple oil leaks in it. Instead of trying to fix it, I just had enough and pulled it out last week.

One of the reasons I bought this car was because he used a toyota trans and I already had plans on putting in a 4ag. Luckily I have a spare thats been sitting for a while. So I pulled the cortina motor out and putting in the 4ag. I know its not a build from scratch but the car was originally built from scratch.

Now the funny part. Instead of using the normal 4ag, the motor I have was setup for turbo. So instead of the normal 130hp, it should put out 250 to 300hp or at least thats what it did before it was taken out. So far I've put the motor in and made some new motor mounts. Then I had an aluminm radiator that my friend put a hole into one of the tubes. So I took that and cut the bad section off of if and made new ends for the tanks and mounted that up. That part really sucked. I would show some pictures but I try to stay away from taking pictures untill my work is done. You really dont want to see the welds on that radiator. I took all day of cutting and welding to make it fit in the nose. Then again, since the rad was used, the aluminum was contaminated and didnt want to weld so I had to grind down the welds a few times untill I could build up enough good material that it wouldnt leak.

Yesterday I started on the intercooler. Decided to V mount it in the nose. I had a spare core so I started on the end tanks but found out soon enough that there wasnt much space in the nose cone. So after the first try I've had to throw the first attempt away and now going for a rounder approch by using some tubing to make the end tanks instead of flat plate and trying to find and angle that will fit in there.

I did think about mounting the intercooler inside of the body work and venting into and out of it threw the side but I want to try and hide as much as I can the fact that the car is turbo.

Some of the bigger things that still need to be done are the intake and exhaust manifolds. For the intake, I may use the individual throtle bodies found on the 20 valve 4ag motors. Then make an airbox so everything fits under the body. The exhaust should be the easy part of this build once I figure out where the turbo will sit.

Comment

• Ok, so I took a few pictures of it but dont laugh too much at my work. I'm really going for the locost aproach and trying not to spend anything on this rebuild. Just using scrap parts and materials that are left over so this thing isnt pretty.

Comment

Working...
                                X