No announcement yet.

Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought the car off of ebay as a running and street legal car. Then been slowly rebuilding it into something more my style. Its fun but it does take alot of time to fabricate everything.

I'm trying to get the 180 ready for atl but im not 100% sure I'm going to make it yet.
    Last edited by AlexPfeiffer; 09-03-2007, 09:06 AM.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Hey again alex, i was watchin a dvd(JDM INSIDER) and you were in it, pretty cool! There are a lot of drifters out there but you are popular and i guess that helps getting sponsorships and support?

Drifters go through like 360 tires a year, i wonder, what the hell do you do with them?! Sell, keep, recycle?

Comment

• "are you *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*en kiddin me? you're hitting me with a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*en towel?!"

x18000

Comment

• Hey Alex, I just joined up and saw this thread so I figured I would ask a few questions if you don't mind.

Btw, awesome job at the Nopi Nationals. It's too bad you didn't walk away with the win but it was great to watch you in action.

First and foremost I have an 89 240sx with an s14 sr20 swapped in w/ the S15 turbo. I'm building it up for drifting of course and the only things I have done to the suspension so far is replace the factory ball joints, inner and outer tie rods ends, struts for some AGX's, and eibach springs.

I've been doing some extensive research on what spring/strut setup I should go with and I'm torn between a coilover setup and strut/spring combo. I've heard that koni yellows + ground control spring perches are great for grip driving but I don't know if they would be good for drifting. I've always heard to setup your car for grip if you want to drift.

If I did go with the koni+gc's I was going to run 8/6 on them, buy some of your adjustable suspension pieces and take it to get it corner balanced and aligned. I was just wondering if this would be a good long term drift setup or should I just get some coilovers. It's too bad I don't live near your shop else I would get the corner balancing and alignment at your shop. Guess I'll just use Batlground here in Atlanta if they do that sort of thing.

Also, there is the issue with tires. I've been running some General Exclaim UHP's on my Honda Fit and I like them a lot. They do a decent job at the autoX to be as cheap as they are. Would you recommend these tires or would I be wasting me time?

Thanks for your time and I wish you good luck in the future.

Comment

• Alex,

So whatever happened to the pink BRS(?) Mazda FD u drove at Irwindale?

Comment

• Originally posted by Felliph3 View Post
              Hey again alex, i was watchin a dvd(JDM INSIDER) and you were in it, pretty cool! There are a lot of drifters out there but you are popular and i guess that helps getting sponsorships and support?

Drifters go through like 360 tires a year, i wonder, what the hell do you do with them?! Sell, keep, recycle?
              Yeah, its helps but it still costs alot to go drifting. At least I can pick up tires at cost now. No matter how many tires you get, you will end up using them all.
              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Johnny View Post
                Hey Alex, I just joined up and saw this thread so I figured I would ask a few questions if you don't mind.

Btw, awesome job at the Nopi Nationals. It's too bad you didn't walk away with the win but it was great to watch you in action.

First and foremost I have an 89 240sx with an s14 sr20 swapped in w/ the S15 turbo. I'm building it up for drifting of course and the only things I have done to the suspension so far is replace the factory ball joints, inner and outer tie rods ends, struts for some AGX's, and eibach springs.

I've been doing some extensive research on what spring/strut setup I should go with and I'm torn between a coilover setup and strut/spring combo. I've heard that koni yellows + ground control spring perches are great for grip driving but I don't know if they would be good for drifting. I've always heard to setup your car for grip if you want to drift.

If I did go with the koni+gc's I was going to run 8/6 on them, buy some of your adjustable suspension pieces and take it to get it corner balanced and aligned. I was just wondering if this would be a good long term drift setup or should I just get some coilovers. It's too bad I don't live near your shop else I would get the corner balancing and alignment at your shop. Guess I'll just use Batlground here in Atlanta if they do that sort of thing.

Also, there is the issue with tires. I've been running some General Exclaim UHP's on my Honda Fit and I like them a lot. They do a decent job at the autoX to be as cheap as they are. Would you recommend these tires or would I be wasting me time?

Thanks for your time and I wish you good luck in the future.

The koni's are a good shock, but they are not shorter then stock which is what you'll need to get good suspension travel at a lower ride height. So just go for coil overs. I havent tried those tires so I'm not sure about them. If you like it and its a reasonable price, you may as well try it. I would.

One of my old cars had agx's with home made coil overs. It griped well enough but was on the soft side for drift.

Comment

• Originally posted by VDMTom View Post
                  Alex,

So whatever happened to the pink BRS(?) Mazda FD u drove at Irwindale?
                  Good question. I'm not sure who has it or where it is.

Comment

• Hey Alex i've been interested in asking this same question for a lot of drivers out there just have not gotten around to it, saw your thread seems to be pretty active so might as well try you out first. Anyway I have had the luxury to be able to travel around to the AMA superbike races with a film crew doing a few jobs for them and such, but in the long run i have learned a lot about what the crews and drivers have to do for their sponsors and being in utah i almost see nothing of what drifting on the professional level is besides such events like gtlive last year and when i travel occasionally and of course the interwebs 5000. My main question was that what do the drivers of drifting do for their sponsors besides just put a sticker on their car and mention their name, im sure its different for all drivers and some don't do as much as others but just curious on the whole thing, what are they happy with, what do they like to see in a driver and such besides just being good at driving.

Comment

• It just comes down to product placement really. They want thier products to be seen on the winning car. So your job is to keep your car looking as good as you can, and win.

Comment

• Alex -

Ok question. Do you like Cheese with Crackers?

Also where you still drunk in this shot?

Comment

• alex call me so i can get you some money 909-394-1225

Comment

• what motor is in your locust and what kit/motor combination would you recomend given a budget of around 20k for a super 7 kit car type vehicle, would it be the one you've got or something else out there?

also saw practice videos of you goofing off at irwindale, looked like one wheel was spinning was that just my imagination or is it open diff?

Comment

• Drifting Start

I have no previous drift experience. I am interested in getting involved with the drift scene. What would be a good car to start off with and how much should I plan on spending over the course of a year on this car?

Comment

• Sorry Andrew, just been busy this week. I'll call you.

Gigglesnirt,
                                My locost has the motor out of my old ae86. If i was building a car, I would probably use an s2000 motor. I just used the 4ag cause i still had it laying around and the car already came with a toyota t50 trans in it, so it was just easier then rebuilding all of the driveline.

Yeah, it still has an open diff in it. Keeps things interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X