Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex,
    Does Battle Version make Tie Rods and Tie Rod ends for the S13. If not who would you recommend if I was going to buy new ones.

Comment

• assout
      For suspension settings, It really depends on 3 things, what parts you have, what you use the car for, and your skill level. When i do an alignment, these all come into play for the settings we choose and i give the driver the option of choosing what he would prefer. Almost everyone has different alignment specs. For instance, Andy (autolink's car) has gone threw about 4 different alignments this year and non of which had the same settings, as his driving progressed, his settings changed and he became more comfortable in the car.

93180sxredtop
      I'm really thinking about hitting up a NASA event in arizona. Could use a bit of a break from these big events and just get back to having fun at a new track.

Hump-D,
      I think you emailed me about the setup i had for steering on the corolla, but its a manual rack with power knuckles.
      The motor is basic, stock blue top head, stock 4agze bottom end, autronic computer, custom turbo manifold with t3.

Doriftogasm
      I definetly remember you guys, I couldnt belive you guys flew out from chicago for D1, you guys rock!!! See you in chicago!

350zFan
      1, I dont know yet.
      2, not much parting going on here, we just work. At the events we party.

DONKEY_WEAR
      hatebbobbarker
      swifty949
      STFUAD,
      Thank you guys!!

Craftsman,
      and s14driftingTX, i'll give you guys the logo if you want to make your own stickers. If not, sometimes i give them out when you buy parts, it just depends if i have some or not.

hatebbobbarker,
      its got about 320hp, its turbo.
      Im not sure about the 350z parts yet, I will make some for freinds and people interested but it usually takes a while before those type of parts start to sell.

Silvia54
      I'm in the works of making some outter tie rod ends and inner spacers but shouldnt be done for a bit. Right now i'd suggest hitting up www.phase2motortrend.com and getting a set of tein with the kazama outters. Not sure if they have any in stock but its worth the try.
      BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Hey Alex,
        Ya ever go drifting naked with an inflatable gozilla sitting shotgun?
        Im just goofin round......ya did awesome at FormD.....Ganbatte next time man

A real question is are you ever gonna try and fab up turbo kits?

Booney

Comment

• booney! did you see my formula D video yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
            Blood and sweat does not equal $$$$. If that was the case, I'd be a millionare right now. You have to pay to play.
            Tell me about it... I -am- the Case, and I don't have crap in my pockets after paying for events/parts/blood.

Alex: you mentioned you do alignments for the guys running in major series. I don't know much about alignments, so I was hoping you'd be able to help me out next year when I start Formula D. i know it doesn't matter now (with the exception of being able to use your help at D1GP DS @ Las Vegas), but just wondering what the possibilities are. and i'm not asking you to do this for free, all the same, i'll sport a BV sticker. i support those who support me, and you've already answered enough questions of mine to justify that in my opinion. let me know.

Comment

• Yes Booney, I would drift naked but i dont want to get all brused up from my big balls flying around like that. LOL, thanks for the props, i didnt get a chance to see you out there. Anyway, naw, no turbo kits, try to stick to what I do best, suspension setups.

Coiloverkid,
              I tried to see it but it didnt download for me, maybe the server got ot busy, ill try again.

case,
              Lets see your driving first, then we will take it from there.
              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Silvia54
                I'm in the works of making some outter tie rod ends and inner spacers but shouldnt be done for a bit. Right now i'd suggest hitting up www.phase2motortrend.com and getting a set of tein with the kazama outters. Not sure if they have any in stock but its worth the try.
                just wondering why kazama outers ?

Comment

• Originally posted by santi
                  just wondering why kazama outers ?

becuase there insane look at it man and look to the normal ends hardcore now back to alex.

can't wait to see you at RS*R in chi town i'll be with driftorgasm being rowdy

Comment

• I've got a couple of tech questions for you.

First of all, my car is a '95 TBIRD, V8 Auto. It weighs in at about 3600lbs w/o driver. In the future I plan on bracing the chassis with a stut tower brace & subframe connectors, plus 17" wheels and tires to get better feedback. Without drastic weight reduction I think I can get it to around 3500. Nobody makes coilovers for the car, and I'm not sure if there are even adjustable shocks for it. So with this limitation do you think it could drift or should I just hang up my dreams of drifting my TBIRD and start saving for a Mustang?

My second question would be, what kind of limited slip is necessary for drifting? Could you use a traditional one like a Trak-Lok, Eaton posi, Detroit Locker, etc., or do you have to have a drift-specific one like one from Kaaz?

And finally, when it came time to choose your ride what made you decide to go with the imports as opposed to domestics?

Alex I wanna thank you for posting here. Not alot of pro's would do it, but I'm glad you come here so we can all get a glimpse inside the pro-drifting world. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
                      case,
                      Lets see your driving first, then we will take it from there.
                      I look forward to it. Are you going to be at D1GP DS in Vegas?

Comment

• santi
                        Because the tien outters suck and go bad way to quickly. The kazama ones are rod end outters but also move them lower which also helps bumpsteer.

Tsunami,
                        The Tbirds, all i know is didnt some of them come with the same 5.0 as the mustang? If so isnt the suspension pretty much the same also? You should be asking these questions on a non drift forum. For the LSD, most of the american brands are designed for drag, look for something for road racing.

I chose to go with imports because i like something light and quick.

case
                        Dont know yet.

Comment

• how the hell do you play omaha?

Comment

• you get 4 cards face down, then a round of betting

then 3 community cards are dealt face up, also call the turn, followed by another round of betting.

next a fourth community card or turn card, followed by a round of betting.

then the last community card is deal (called the river card), with the final round of betting.

The player with the best hand of poker using 2 of their cards and 3 of the community cards wins.

Any other questions? Anyone want to play some poker?

Comment

• Did you know you just won a beach towel?

Comment

• Are you going to email the logo whenever you get a chance? I hope so, it'll look cool. I want to thank you for hanging out on the forum with everybody, you're a cool guy and I hope to meet you if I can ever make it to a drift event.

Comment

Working...
                                X