No announcement yet.

Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alex what would be your dream drift car?

Comment

• Are you still apart of Drift Alliance?

Comment

• alex sorry to annoy but.....

what type of slippers do you wear? and when rules say you gotta wear shoes what do you do? lol. please reply!

Comment

• Black Flag
          I dont know where to start this one. I could write a few pages on my image of whats going on but that would take way to long. To me its cool to see more people and teams in drifting. But i also think that its getting a bit too much laitly. People are getting into drifting for the wrong reasons.

From my experience talking with people in the racing community, they still dont get the point of drifting or how to go about doing it. First thing that threw me off in your post is you kept mentioning Kenny and Ford and how great they are. Second is that you start talking about engineering. To me it seem like allot of people are getting into drifting for the wrong reasons and going about it the wrong way. They look at the marketing potential drifting can bring rather then just wanting to enjoy the sport. Proof is when they havent even been to an event yet and they are already talking about how to build a better drift car or the engineering of it. Everyone in the race community thinks they can build a better drift car, but thats not the point. This isnt racing sideways, we are not timed threw the coarse, and our angle isnt measured with GPS. This sport is about the WOW factor. How well you make the fans and judges go "did he just do that? That was awsome!". So to me, untill they can get the fans to support them and not do it the dodge way, think they can win people over by winning with a non street car, then maybe they have a chance to be really successful.

KAdrifter-GG-,
          To tell you the truth, i never had a play station or an x box till about a month ago. I only played at friends houses and used there cars.

ONtheROADagain,
          996 GT2 <---- dream drift and street car.
          Usually wear locals or those cheep ones you get at mom and pop stores in hawaii. Moto did change the rules to say that you must be wearing shoes at ddays.

my 1 88 u,
          I'm no longer part of drift alliance, but they are still my boys.

And I'll be out of town (sema show) till next week so ill catch up with you guys/gals then.
          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• alex what made you swith to tha S2000? wat were you runnin under the AE86?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
              Emission
              1, If someone pays me to make them, I charge $100 an hour. If you take pictures of the parts you want to make and give me sizes, then it would make it easy for me to estimate what it would take to make the parts and if its worth your money or my time to make them.

Initial costs on the parts I produce are about 3k a part, now i know you dont want to pay 3k for just one set of something, if i make 10, then you spit the cost to 300 per part not including the materials or machine time, if i make 100 of something, then your paying 30 per part on production (given you still have to pay for machine time and materials) that is the only way that i can make the parts i do at the price they are and make a profit, I have to make alot of something at once. I do keep about 30k in inventory just to make a few hundred a week, not the best business to get into. Any manufacturing company has to invest alot to get a return. I dont make money on a part till the second run of production sells.

Now i have alot of different suspension peices in stock and different spacers that fit many aplications that i dont know about since ive never really looked at all the different cars. I may have what you need on the shelf and just have to put them together, but i need to know exact lengths, spacers, and bolt sizes with pictures to know.

2, dont really have a favorite color, you could say black then.
              Respect man. Mad respect for having the ballz to be honest and speak your mind.

Comment

• alex was the motor in your 86 a turbo 4agze or a turbo 16 or turbo 20? it seemed to stay with other cars quite well. please reply. best reguars

-mike

Comment

• ONtheROADagain,
                  Few reasons why i switched to the s2k,
                  1, ae86 is broken
                  2, cant afford to fix ae86
                  3, s2k was running well
                  4, RS*R is cool
                  5, RS*R is cool

The ae86 has a 4agze bottom half with blue top 4ag head, me makey turbo manifold and everything and put together. 200rwhp.
                  BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
                    The ae86 has a 4agze bottom half with blue top 4ag head, me makey turbo manifold and everything and put together. 200rwhp.
                    And this is why you're a pimp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craftsman
                      And this is why you're a pimp.
                      i thought it was the earing

Comment

• what are your thoughts and opinon on the changes formula d is making for the 2004 season?

Comment

• Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
                          i thought it was the earing
                          That too. But the man fabricates his own parts... Dude. how many people do you know that will make their own parts. Either for their engine or their chasis.

Comment

• I've got a couple of suspension questions for you Alex.

1. I 've heard that when you have a live-axle & panhard rod setup, that the suspesion acts differently when you turn left than when you turn right due to panhard rod moving in an arc, and not perfectly up and down. Is this difference something you can feel or is it not noticeable?

2. For drifiting/roadracing which suspension setup do you prefer for lateral axle control: the Watts-link or the panhard rod?

Also, what is under the hood of the RSR S2K? I'll presume it's an F20C, but is it blown, turbo'd or N/A?

Comment

• Hey Alex...
                              I saw you at Formula D in sonoma... i was standing right by the wall when you were spinning donuts while strattling the door.. that was so tight. props for that move.

This has nothing to do with drifting, but my friend has a WRX... and he was wondering what you think of those cars (not as a drift car)

Comment

• Hey alex,
                                Did your ae86 have power steering or was it a mix?
                                please post back!

-mike

Comment

Working...
                                X