FC Engine Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 97kouki
    and why wouldnt it be better to get a clip? You cant just buy a turbo core and slap it in..Cause thats just the core..If you get a clip, you get the core..the turbo everything under there and the drivetrain..Clip is the best way to go, Ask anyone who really knows FC turbo swaps.
    not just FC swaps, all swaps its better to get the clip. then you know you get all that you need, plus body parts just incase in most cases

Comment

What about the smog issue? Turbo engine into a non-turbo model?

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
        What about the smog issue? Turbo engine into a non-turbo model?
        my barely pass SMOG

and thats N/A

Comment

my t2 didn't pass smog either but just barely. there are always ways around smog though, you just have to know people.

Comment

Originally posted by enrique
            my t2 didn't pass smog either but just barely. there are always ways around smog though, you just have to know people.
            Hey Enrique,
            What do you have for your car?

Comment

other than k&n drop in and plug wires its stock engine wise. autopower roll bar, tockiko adjustables, cusco camber plates, recaro seat and harness. thats about it. oh and I converted over to s5 tails. more to come after xmas/bday.

Comment

Originally posted by FC3S
                Didnt i already say this just in less words?? And once again if you change to the T2 you'll need the whole driveline not just the tranny
                Yes you did. I was just verifying and restating the truth. Also yes it would be better to upgrade the whole driveline but for the sake of money and convenience. Having the yoke replaced would be easier. You are probably not gunna find a complete running rx7 driveline. But if you do and its for a good price, get it. Otherwise swapping the engine and tranny would be sufficient until you can build up more funds. BTW. Chas I thought you were getting a 350Z.

not just FC swaps, all swaps its better to get the clip. then you know you get all that you need, plus body parts just incase in most cases
                True. Sometimes not necessary and usually expensive though. But if you want to be sure you get it right the first time and money is not a problem. Clip is the safest way. I dont have to deal with smog where I am which is good. That is the only fault in rotaries. But emissions pass in a bottle would work. Youre in cali you should be able to find some.
                Last edited by hachiroku-fc3s; 12-05-2003, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s
                  Chas I thought you were getting a 350Z.
                  Yep, gott acutuion off the BMW first.

Comment

i dont know if anyone mentiond this yet(too lazy to read though all the posts) but y dont u just get a TII with a blown motor and rebuild it

Comment

Im just seeing what my options are. Im going to probably have to replace the motor anyway.

Comment

but the thing is that the drivetrain is stronger in the TII so instead of having to replace all those parts on the NA just get a TII and rebuild the motor

Comment

Originally posted by karasac
                          but the thing is that the drivetrain is stronger in the TII so instead of having to replace all those parts on the NA just get a TII and rebuild the motor
                          Yeah or just buy a Good running T2 and not deal with any of that stuff and just drive it.....

Comment

The easiest way to put an FD engine into an FC is to rebuild an FD engine and redrill the center irons. This will save tons of time and money as fabricating mounts can be costly and expensive.

Yo Chas, gimme a call if u have any rotary questions! I have a couple FC's and an FD, and have went through most of the headaches n heartbreaks associated with them

I think the first thing to change on an NA FC base is the drivetrain.

NA transmission is notoriously weak. I'm on my 3rd tranny. Going to put in TurboII transmission, axles, rearend

Comment

mr. sparkle?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X