No announcement yet.

Benson Hsu Interview!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just thought I'd say what's up, I don't really know what to ask.. uhm, I know you were one of the judges (at least, I think you were) at the Buttonwillow JustDRIFT event that occured not to long ago. i doubt you remember, but I was the guy driving Ken #2's (Miyers - i know it's spelled wrong) black '86 hachi coupe for the first time that day. back to the point, it's a shame i didn't meet you there, so hopefully next time i'll keep an eye out for ya and introduce myself in person. i plan on competing in Formula D next year (as many events as possible, though mostly west coast events), and i look forward to racing in those events with you. oh.. here's a good question: if you do actually remember me driving his car (and actually knew when it was me driving, not Ken), do you have any tips or suggestions about how I was driving? did it seem pretty good, or do I need to be polishing a lot more (not that i'm not going to anyway) on my drifting skill? thanks man, and keep up the great work.

Comment

Benson: There are rumors circulating that you bet team pacrim you could break a coconut open by head butting it and after 7 failed attempts you will wear nothing under your driving suit from now until the remainder of the 2005 season. Can you confirm these allegations and if they are true, will this include Drift Days and HIN appearances?

Also, I noticed the latest Access Magazine has a feature of the white kaaz car before it had been converted into a drift car. Do you feel any intimidation driving a car owned by such a devilishly handsome man with roughed good looks?

Comment

Originally posted by Hsu: back then, the magazines and videos were harder to find, and if you wanted to talk to somebody about drifting back then, you couldn't because nobody knew about it.
        Word...i remember those days very clearly..things have changed though. I'm happy to see more people come to love driving & drifting as i have over the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by danyl
          Benson: There are rumors circulating that you bet team pacrim you could break a coconut open by head butting it and after 7 failed attempts you will wear nothing under your driving suit from now until the remainder of the 2005 season. Can you confirm these allegations and if they are true, will this include Drift Days and HIN appearances?

Also, I noticed the latest Access Magazine has a feature of the white kaaz car before it had been converted into a drift car. Do you feel any intimidation driving a car owned by such a devilishly handsome man with roughed good looks?
          Yes, a car that was robbed of its hoses. ROBBED. BY ME.

-alex

Comment

Originally posted by marshun
            since we're askin ben some questions. i got one.

have you heard of drifters from hawaii? i believe ross petty and steve oliberos is up there. ross is a bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*. i met both of them a couple of times.

and how are they doing now? i recently got 2nd place at the last event. and im lookin for sponsors since i beat out allot of sponsored guys.
            Yes, of course I know of the drifters from Hawaii! I've met Ross Petty and I've known Steveo for a while now. Barry Wong is my team mate for Team KAAZ!

Theyre not doing too bad... the courses we have here are crazy different from the courses you have in Hawaii... but they are adapting. It takes some time... you guys aren't used to initiating at high speeds and staying there for long lengths of time.

Comment

Sorry, that's all the posts I can answer for today! I'm going CRAZY because I blew up the KAAZ car's engine during practice on Thursday...

Now I have to spend the weekend getting my Sileighty ready to take it's place... I guess the Sileighty is going to be back in action!

I will get back to you guys after the weekend... see you all there at Irwindale!

Comment

Benson, had to bring this back up homie... So who's car are you running now until the end of the year? KAAZ or your car?

Matt.

Comment

So, what do you think makes a good and a bad drifter?

Comment

Originally posted by danyl

I kind of want to hear the answer to this one

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
                      Benson, had to bring this back up homie... So who's car are you running now until the end of the year? KAAZ or your car?

Matt.
                      Sorry! I forgot about this thread since all of the Irwindale craziness!

I'm driving the KAAZ car until the end of the year... as long as it's running! We blew the engine at Irwindale, so the car has been out of comission... since then, I've driven my friend Ron's yellow S13 (you might know it as the old Jspec car) at the RS-R event and won 2nd place.

KAAZ is working on the new engine, and it should be in with new tuning, and cams... so it should be much better!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Khou
                        So, what do you think makes a good and a bad drifter?
                        This is a good one!

Personally, a good drifter doesn't need to be an awesome driver or be at the podium of every event... I think a good drifter is somebody who is enthusiastic, has an open mind, loves helping others and loves drifting!

And the person has got to be a little crazy. haha

Comment

Originally posted by 14yrolddrifter
                          I kind of want to hear the answer to this one
                          although i ended up breaking the coconut with my head... i still do wear nothing under my clothes!

Comment

Working...
                          X