No announcement yet.

Drifting on CMT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was also flipping threw the chanels and saw it. Andy came home and we all watched it.

Why the hell are they showing that kinda stuff on TV. Expecially a ex drag racer trying to be cool by showing he has mountain skills, Sorry bro but no skills there. And if you were a true street driver, running the mountain is like going to vegas, what happens there stays there. No need to publicise it and now show all the cops where to crack down.

Stupid people in hawaii did the same thing, showed guys drifting one of the best spots durring the day time and with other cars around. The video ended up on the news! Well lets just say its not that safe to run there anymore.

Dont be that idiot!!!
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

well put ^^^...after reading what you posted something clicked...ex drag racer turned canyon...is that going to be the new trend?? I hope not...alot of ppl that drag race dont have enough skill( hand eye included! ) to go in a str8 line and not crash...so how do alot of these people think they will fare on a twisty road? I can see it now lots of arguments and the like ...people running their mouths about how good they are...in their heads they are...when someone with even an ounce of skill shows them that they really dont...are we going to have the " not running right tires" "my ebrake wasnt working " ( ive heard that one allready ) "my turbo/vtec/supercharger/nos(?) wasnt ready/spooled" ....i hope that doesnt happen but i am sure it allready has sadly...ohh well i guess there are those types in all scenes.

Comment

leave it up to the media to abuse such things

Comment

Yup, thats the new trend.

I just hope this "Drift Lyfestyle" dies out quick.
          I hope the "GENERAL PUBLIC" dont associate drifting with Street Racing.
          I hope they make it into like a HIN style kind of a scene.

Oops too late!

Comment

LOL well what is kinda nice is the place we drift up here they dont care too much and the police know they just send us on our marry little ways, or give us a nice firm talking to. So its really nice...example of this is we where drifting in a spot the police had told us not to and they towed 1 guys car...he had no liscense nor registration...and they said " u should have been drifting at : censored : we wherent supposed to go patrol there tonight."

even the truckers and loaders stop and watch us drift so its fun and they all are the good old boy type and say they used to do that with thier : insert muscle car of choice : back in the day.

well i hope it stay ( drifting scene ) about where it is...kause now its easier for me to get videos and magazines LOL

but i am tired of hearing this from civic hb owners " nissans the new honda." ...uhm..no.

Comment

Uh...yea I was on it. They picked the lamest one too, ugh...I hope I don't really sound like that in person. People said my voice just sounded funny because of the garage, I hope so. But at least my mom liked it since I mentioned her. hehe

That dude with the CRX was on "True Life I'm a Racer" or whatever, something like that. He took that turn so badly...but hes a little *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* showing off the canyon like he goes there all the time. I've never heard anyone mentioning him up there before. That canyon has been so publicised lately, it really doesn't matter anymore...everyone knows about it.

What I loved when they showed the girl dragging, that she wasn't wearing a helmet. You don't have to wear a helmet if your car isn't fast enough, its hilarious.

But did you see how nice the cop was to that one kid with the NOS?? Didn't even impound his car, which in every case I've ever heard of other there they did, not a slap on the wrist and a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifterlunchb0x
                but i am tired of hearing this from civic hb owners " nissans the new honda." ...uhm..no.
                Hate to give you a rude awakening, but it's true. All the honda owners are getting nissans now...

Comment

HA HA Marlyn, i saw you on there... Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Drifterlunchb0x
                    you are gonna hear that until mainstream drifting dies out. people call 240s the new civics because they are the most popuar vehicle at the moment. every other drifter has one, it's sort of like back in the days of drag every other dragger had a civic. so either get used to it or get yourself a soarer

Comment

if actually been thinking of getting one or a bmw 328 for drifting...but either way i really do love my 240....so i guess ill be trendy than and keep it ? LOL

Comment

What happened to the "any exposure is good exposure" attitude? Are people finally starting to see things for what they really are?

Comment

what has the world come to... and on CMT? come on guys we should sell our nissans for hondas. lol now thats a trend.. and lets sell them for 15k

Comment

The GUY in the CRX is Greg from pro drive axle company, and that is the second time his dumb *Censored**Censored**Censored* has been to that same corner for the media. 1 time MTV 1 time CMT.
                            Alex said it best - "Like Las Vegas , what happened in the canyon never happened!"

As far as the drifting they showed footage from Just drift event from Irwindale. Saw my car for a second and cringed.

Terry

Comment

http://www.cmt.com/sitewide/apps/med...s/&adPN=episod

WTF. Appariently we started drifting because the cops started cracking down on our drag races. WTF again

Comment

Originally posted by spock
                                What happened to the "any exposure is good exposure" attitude? Are people finally starting to see things for what they really are?
                                Nope, the drifting scene needs this kind of stuff to grow and flourish. I'm sorry if I sound cynical but...wait, on second thought I'm not sorry at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X