Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Formula D... READ THIS!

Originally posted by anonymous
    I love all the name calling, that was awesome. You are very colorful with that. I also love that you posted anonymously. Scared we might know who you are?

The only people that looked like they even remotely disagreed with what I said was Craig Lieberman and you... hmmm. I smell Formula D employee. If you are gonna argue with me and express your opinion, cool man, argue with me ALL you want, that's what this board is here for... but posting anonymously? Poor form.

As for Tarzan, it looked weird to me because right after he crash he ran up to the fence. If he would have checked on the driver THEN ran to the fence, I wouldn't have posted that.

Comment

Re: Re: Formula D... READ THIS!

Originally posted by anonymous
      IN CLOSING, I LIKE TAHT YOU FELT STRONGLY ABOUT THE FD EVENT, I'M SORRY FD LET YOU DOWN, BUT I'M SURE THERE'S PLENTY OF KIDS/ADULTS TAHT JUST GOT INTRODUCED TO THIS SPORT SO LET THEM HAVE FUN. YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN DRIFTING FOR I DON'T KNOW 5 YEARS THAT'S GREAT YOU'RE CORE/OLD SCHOOL/ J WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT.
      FORMULA D IS ABOUT PROGRESSION, GIVING THE NORTH AMERICAN DRIFTERS A FROMT IN WHICH THEY CAN COMPETE AND DO WHAT THEY LOVE, DRIFT. I UNDERSTAND THE CAR SHOW, THE SCREEN AND THINGS OTHER THAN DRIFTING AREN'T MOUNAIN DRIFTING IN JAPAN OR ANYTHING BUT WITHOUT THAT IT WOULD BE LAME!

THINK ABOUT SUNDAY'S EVENT IF IT JUST HAD DRIFTING AND NOTHING ELSE TEH DAY WOULD BE LONG AS HECK AND BORING.

I ENCOURAGE YOU TO TAKE PART AND PRACTICE TO COMPETE I GUARANTEE YOU'LL HAVE FUN!

AGAIN, DON'T HATE, CONGRATULATE.

IT'S ALL ABOUT PROGRESSION OF THE SPORT!
      LOL!!!! If you think pure drifting is boring then I don't think you really love drifting. I mean common, when you like something that's all you want. I dont go to a movie theater to see commercials. Imagine watching the movie and then bam it cuts to commercials.

Comment

Re: Re: The comedy is that...

Originally posted by Weapon X
        Then I guess they reached their objective.
        Yeah cuz, D1 cars and D1 themselves aren't out to make money. No, they're just there for the love of the sport and nothing else. That's why they let vendors display for free and dont offer sponsorships. ??????? WTF

D1 is here to make money off YOU! D1 cars have sponsor logos all over them so it exposes you to these brands! Go to D1GP.com...there's over 25 sponsor logos on that website. Even the booth and sponsor prices are displayed on the site. give me a break.

all this "over-commercialization" BS needs to take a rest...Japan's been doing this very thing for much longer. dont get all pissed cuz an event is out to make money. that's the point.

also, remember that without sponsor support in FormulaD AND D1, you wouldn't even be seeing these cars drift in good venues.

be more objective and don't jump on the "keep it underground" bandwagon.

Comment

Hmmm. Interesting. I had to opt out of this event because I had to get back to work in Norcal on Monday and be awake. Ending at 10pm made that all but impossible.

Now as for the event, I really thought that FD at Sonoma was great from a spectator point of view (besides the food prices, hah!). Interesting to see what people thought of this one compared to Sonoma.

Is it all just a backlash against the HIN stuff, or what?

Comment

When did I ever say D1 wasnt doing any of that? I'm not on the "keep it underground" bandwagon, I'm on the "start off slow and progress the right way, keep it pure" movement. Exposure isn't the problem, keep fans educated, cut the excess bull$hit, get judges who dont ask the crowd who they want to win, get an announcer who knows the difference between an RB26 and an RB25, stop letting Drift Alliance sway the kid's decision by running around throwin shirts to every Import Tuner reading little chump in the audience. My problem isnt just with Formula D, it's with drifting in this country as a whole. Formula D just happened to be a representation of everything heading in the wrong direction, and since I was there and saw it with my own eyes I'm gonna go off on it.

Comment

WeaponX- my bad, I meant to quote the post below, not yours.

Originally posted by Brian
              i call it.
              *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* American capitalism.

this is why i hate US drifting.
              companies and people like who who exploit it to make another buck that you DON'T need.
              please keep yourself limited to car shows.
              we (the people who actually enjoy drifting) don't want you here.

Comment

I'm thinking Formula D had to compromise and bring in HIN to bring the additional crowd in, HIN held the car show and probably made thier money off the car show entries. I'm sure Irwindale is no longer a cheap venue since D1 has shown success there. Face it, Formula D is not at the point where it can sell out an event only by itself. You gotta survive, in order to survive, you have to compromise somewhere.
                If Formula D does well, then that is good for the drivers. Unfortunatly Boycotting Formula D hurts the drivers.

Comment

Unfortunatly Boycotting Formula D hurts the drivers.
                  Looks like someone needs to start a better series.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
                    Looks like someone needs to start a better series.

Damn straight!

After 1 year of "pro Drift Event" in the USA I have come to the conclusion that drifting has been taken over by club promoters, X-games wanna-be's, and corpo train jumpers. These forums are filled with more non drivers than drivers and most of the non-drivers seem to be the experts. 1 year is all it took to take an undergound phenom to MTV crap. WOW

Comment

Re: Re: Re: The comedy is that...

Originally posted by hondoo
                      Yeah cuz, D1 cars and D1 themselves aren't out to make money. No, they're just there for the love of the sport and nothing else. That's why they let vendors display for free and dont offer sponsorships. ??????? WTF

D1 is here to make money off YOU! D1 cars have sponsor logos all over them so it exposes you to these brands! Go to D1GP.com...there's over 25 sponsor logos on that website. Even the booth and sponsor prices are displayed on the site. give me a break.

all this "over-commercialization" BS needs to take a rest...Japan's been doing this very thing for much longer. dont get all pissed cuz an event is out to make money. that's the point.

also, remember that without sponsor support in FormulaD AND D1, you wouldn't even be seeing these cars drift in good venues.
                      Preach it brother!! Yeah I love how everybody rags on us "over-commercializing" everything and then totally ignore the fact that Option sells hundreds of mags and vids and that's totally ok. I'm kinda split on this, on one hand I'm just happy that drifting is coming here and is finally gonna get some airtime, but on the other hand I don't wanna go to F.D. and see a bunch of domestic-hating ricers determine the outcome of the event, nor do I wanna see a bunch of tatooed booty shaking bikini models next to a Civic with Lambo doors and 22" spinners. When I pay to go to a drift event I wanna see DRIFT CARS and nothing else.

As far as the judging, I totally agree with CrazyHawaiin, the judging should be done by REAL JUDGES, not the crowd.

Comment

I think we're on the same page then.

Comment

Who said we buy option video? I don't...

Comment

wow..... i didnt even attend but i can sense the tension in this thread.... as for fd i kinda was expecting this so im not surprised. way to go fd, you just ripped us a new one of show phagsorama. i can honestly say d1 is more respected and gets more sales and they dont need all that bs. but im not worried, im sure they will hold other potential events out there thru out the usa

Comment

i guess you didnt go to D1, because they too had a carshow. The car that won best show was a pos cavalier wiht S15 headlights....daijiro picked the winning car himself.

Comment

Originally posted by STFUAD
                                Who said we buy option video? I don't...
                                Damn, talk about taking it personal....

Tsunami - nicely said, I would like drifting, drifting teams, less HIN. A LOT LESS H.I.N. !! I think this is a way for HIN promoters to make more money. I would be just as happy to buy a ticket for the same price without the HIN .

Drift events in Japan are a lot more in number w/ a lot of amatuer contests, D1 is not the only event in Japan. If you think so then you are naive. Now in the USA there are roots organizations that have events and some are starting to have competitions. Like Just drift . If this trend contiues in the US then things will work out eventually. We can only pray

P.S.
                                I don't buy option I buy Battle Magazine.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by akuma S14; 08-30-2004, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X