No announcement yet.

Formula D, (FEEDBACK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all good, I think your emotions got a little in the way and that made it seem very ranting, but I understand your anger believe it or not. I accept the appology and I'll get a PM out to you later..got to get ready for tonight. Talk to you later...

BTW: I would like things to change and I have voiced much of this to Ryan and the other promoters.

Comment

I agree, no word yet from FormulaD himself.

I think that we need to ditch the Japanese jusdges or at least one of them. Tarzan is out of control and needs to be curbed in. They don't care about the talent anymore as evidenced in their inability to accurately judge anything. I've heard tells from the inside of them not even watching judged runs. Instead they are messing around with Import models, jabbering at each other or just plain not caring. Time to get em out. Yea I know, they brought it over and ya da ya da, but their time is over.

Formula D events, from what I am hearing is becoming like a Nascar event, everyone wants to see a crash. It is actually being encouraged from what I understand. This is not how things should be. I had fears about Ryan Dunn and it seems that they came true. Bad form FD.

So everyone, let this be a lesson to us all. We need to make our own events, get out own judges and get serious about doing something instead of just talking about it all the time. Get an American judge in there. Alex Pfieffer sounds like a good choice to me.

Comment

You recall my 8 things i dont want to see in drifting post? now not everyone agreed with them. But 2 of them were going on yesterday, alchahol at a motorsports event and more people apluading for crashes then good driving. these are just things that bug me. I dont expect everyone to agree with them.

Comment

i didn't attend the event but who were the judges?

Comment

I didn't go to Formula D, but I've watched a couple of videos from it already, and one thing that really bugged was the music. First off, there's no need for music. It's a motorsport event. Secondly, why rap? Is it one of those aspects of the "drifting lifestyle" these people are trying to push? Anything else I could say has already been said. But when are we gonna hear from Mister D? We're waiting....

Comment

lol they did play guns n roses for Rhys' entrance music =)

Comment

i 100% agree with stfuad and nissanguy24. i also thought the pro demo runs could have been better. during the demo runs they were barley even drifting. they were just doing donuts most of the time. events like this really destroy the credibility of drifting and will make it very difficult for this motorsport to be taken seriously and progress in the future.

Comment

The reason you hear no response is because they're having the Award Banquet at 9PM PST tonight... Doh...

ROFL

Anyways, I enjoyed the show.

Matt.
                  Last edited by Craftsman; 08-30-2004, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaitokid21
                    i didn't attend the event but who were the judges?
                    yamamoto, koguchi and yarzan

Comment

RE:formula d

wow i was wondering how it went. i'm new here at the forum, but i'm a regular visitor at drifting.com. guys, i wasn't there to see it( i went to the U.S. drift in charlotte). from what i'm reading, i guess it was bound to happen. we need to start to realize what's more important: money or the sport of it. look people, fact is fact: sponsors will always be there. the ones w/ the money will always try to put their 2 cents on everything. the ones who think they know what the people want. sh!t if that's the case, we tell them what we want! i went to the U.S. drift this weekend. the finale was what a drift event should be. people went w/ their cars and put their heart and soul in to their rides. man it was that i admire the most. these people went w/ nothing to lose and gave it their all. man it was awsome. this is how a drift event should be. the crowd admire what these guy went through. it was simple. a driver and his car trying to give it their all. to everyone who competed in frmula d, this applies to you guys too. you guys were some of the first who putting drifting on the map, and for that, thank you. let's remember why we drift though: because we enjoy it and nothing else.

Comment

Hmmm.. Anyone seen FormulaD yet?

Comment

wow this sucks i've never seen a forumla D flyer but now i'm disgusted. Just like import drag racing drifting will be pushed to the public to fast and will end up being a fad. I mean theres just one thing about drifting on there. Car shows are cool but that shouldn't be needed to draw crowds. And what the hell is drifting lifestlye from what i have noticed its being broke burning through to many tires and still being broke and a lot of broken car parts

Comment

ive got a couple qualms about what people have said.

i doubt that was the motive behind the drift alliance guys, i think they were just having fun by being friendly.

did anyone notice the viper club that was there... they had to wander through all that nonsense thinking we were loosers.

if i could do it again id hit up swifty for a free ticket ,show up 15 minutes before tandem and thats it. all that time before and after the first round it probably took me 5 minutes to greet some friends and 10 to check out the pits.

thankfully i saw no crowd infront of the dj stage when i walked by, if i had seen an orgy of people there i would have walked out of the event.

the best judge would probably be another driver, but can you see anyone retiring to a judge position after only 1 year.
                            one thing i liked about the drivers search earlier this month, is that some of the pros came out and did a few runs to show the guys the proper line.
                            if the judges were really that disinterested at formula D(and it wouldnt surprise me), im disgusted.

replacing 4 people (3 judges and the announcer) would go a very long way to help the event. oh yeah, turn away ryan dunn at the door.

on a side note
                            and why does a drifter haveto have a stripped out 240 or corolla, i hate this attitude, if i go up in the mountains solo, i have no intentions of drifting, i just like high speed runs that i cant do during the day with so much traffic. as soon as i park i get people talking crap to me just cause i have a 350z, its horse puckybut if i bring a different car like an aw11 MR2, or a 240 no one talks crap and is friendly. the "real" guys can burn in hell.

Comment

A drifter doesnt have to have a 240 or a corrolla stripped out. But you see a stripped out corrolla or 240 with damage on the body you sortof think "drifter" as opposed to the chrome wheeled hondas and such at the event. 350Z is a cool car however few drifters can afford them, so you dont see them as much. I didnt mean to imply your car or you were not a 'real drifter' in fact i put such phrases in quotes for that reason.

Comment

hahaha the viper guys were too good to hang out w/ us lowly drifters they had their own catered area by the ticket booth....lol

Comment

Working...
                                X