Winter Project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueDragon871
    ya 180, i kno, what i posted was just the first stage. when its all said and done imma havee 400+hp, i still have no idea how to get thier though.

240s are soo different than fds, fds are so much simpler in my opinion. any tech assistance would be great. anyways ya let me stop whoring the thread so much sorry flatlander
    don't worry about it, your project sounds like fun. I hope to atleast have an FD and a 20b in my garage by the start of summer, when that happens i'll be pouring my entire life to build the car up.20b w/ Ito spec aggressive SP, t76, aiming for 700-750whp, might get the Guru racing dogbox tranny, RE 2001 GT Wide Body aero package ect ect...
    Last edited by theflatlander; 09-06-2004, 12:17 AM.

Comment

scratch the FD3S..

went out and put a down payment on an 1996 S14 Q's 5 speed today...260,000 yen, drive it home this friday. (bargained from the original price of 294,000 yen)

Planning to work on suspension and possible aftermarket lsd

Comment

i want to get an rx-7 by the end of winter but for now my project is a 98 240sx. not doing much to the 240 at the moment. im having to wait for the shop to recieve the rb26 transplant, so im stuck until then. once it comes in though it will be alot of non-stop work until it gets done. with power comes the need to be able to steer correctly, so suspension work will be in process also. hopefully i can get some pics up during the transformation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
          Yea, FD's are real simple. Simply explosive, simply deadly to your sanity, simply irresistable to blowing up, simply.....well.....simply needing of an engine transplant. That's my winter project. SR or 350. To be or not to 350, that is the question.
          do an sr, the swap is pretty basic and id be down to help you, ive seen it done before just make sure u get a standalone and dont try to use the sr ecu trust me i know

Comment

My winter project is to search like hell to find an ae86 around here. Then just get it running and maybe do a little suspension work.

Comment

save my money and get a new car and bike.

trying to decide between an Impreza or something a little for drift friendly (i miss it!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by BartoszMakowski
                My friend is getting a 240sx in the winter... January that is. So we will work on it. He doesn't know smack about cars. All he says is that he wants a Vortex engine and NOS!!! lol. The things that I consider doing are...

buying the car...

-125.000km and under
                -no rust only on the hood
                -straight body
                -nice paint... black, red, or somtin like silver
                -manual 5sp is a must
                -the car has to clear our expectations and more and it can't cost over $2.500.00CDN Don't worry in Canada the 240's arent so expensive. Unlike Cali where they sell for so F***** much!!!

MODS

-brake upgrade, supension, 5lug converion maybe
                -deep dish rims
                -upgrade the ka24de with a ball bearing turbo. He wants to have atleast 270hp.
                -Recaros, Sparcos, Nismo maybe even Bride seats. No APC buckets in this car!!!
                -Momo, Nardi wheel with ever one he feels that is right for him.
                Kaaz LSD 2way prbobly
                -Carbon fiber hood with the exit for Radiator's heat.
                -Some kind of aero kit that will make it not too flashy.
                -Subs no idea with ones but the hole CD player and sound system must be under 400-500CDN.

This is the aero he wants... I'm guessing it consits of diffrent makes cause its a sileighty.. for some reason. There has to be atleast one BOMEX piece. Dunno anyone.... figure it out...
                Gooduck on that.Your going to need Jesus to get a car for that price with those expectations.That's what,63,000 miles? Expect to pay nearly 6K CDN for that.I know what the market is like around your area,the S13's are inflanted like crazy.Hell,you can get S14's in better condition for cheaper.Talk about backwards.

Comment

im going to modify my car.

Comment

Pulled the FD out to start the strip down of all that Rotary poo poo from under the hoodoo. SR all the way. Gonna take me all winter i'm sure but when it's done, oh how I will be free of the Rotary monster.

Comment

oh ghost you know how to maintain rotary engines right? well anyways my friend just bought a turbo charged 87. do you know about some water thing like running water through a intake? and i might be picking one up this friday if the mechanic can fix it.

Comment

Don't ask me about maintaining a Rotary, i've blow up 2 FD engines and 2 other FB engines. I'm not the person to talk to about proper upkeep on Rotaries.

Comment

my winter project will be my 95 s14
                          so far i have:
                          2 way tomei LSD
                          17" gold advan RG's 7.5" in front/ 8.5" rear
                          90mm wiseco pistons

during the winter im gonna
                          remove rust and paint
                          replace subframe, control arm,etc bushings
                          chassis braces
                          falken st-115 tires
                          build my dam KA!

Comment

Originally posted by URMachines
                            my winter project will be my 95 s14
                            so far i have:
                            2 way tomei LSD
                            17" gold advan RG's 7.5" in front/ 8.5" rear
                            90mm wiseco pistons

during the winter im gonna
                            remove rust and paint
                            replace subframe, control arm,etc bushings
                            chassis braces
                            falken st-115 tires
                            build my dam KA!
                            cool man, keep us updated with pics

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                              Pulled the FD out to start the strip down of all that Rotary poo poo from under the hoodoo. SR all the way. Gonna take me all winter i'm sure but when it's done, oh how I will be free of the Rotary monster.

yess, when u guys start tell me, i am plannig on comming to atl sum time during the winter and i wanan meet the famous ghost, besides itll be better than showing you a video right

keep us (specifically me) updated cuz im intrested. i kno modified had a sr20 powered fd in it a few months ago, but it had alotta replica and crappy parts. at least youll get to crank up the boost now ghost, make it crazy like 400rwhp+ yaaa

Comment

i'm goin to work on my 325si bimmer nothing big though.

also work on my friends s14 like handling and stuff like that

heck i'm trying to go to japan in Dec......winter break.....yeah!!

Comment

Working...
                                X