No announcement yet.

Thinkin about sellin the Rx7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call mine baby...Not very original but she responds very well to that calling. When I'm sliding to wide I just say ''come on baby, come on baby, COME ON!!'' and I always make it.

Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
      OMG Roxie.....Thats too funny and too much of a coincidence. i'll leave it at that.
      My Roxy wasn't a whore but I learned to love/hate her just like my car.

Scary.
      Ha ha!.. cool!

Comment

I call mine rex. I mean I know thats a guys name and sube guys already own it. But they can get off my d... cuz theirs are wrex as far as Im concerned. jk. No hate. Glad youre keepin it. I just got an S14 and Im scared I will need to sell mine. I may need to, but I will never do it. Ill see bankrupcy first. That is my baby. I love the way it slides compared to the 240. But yeah, its a whore. Its and 86. So NA. Flooding blows. Quick q though. Green underglows?

Comment

I've got a rebuilt core I'll unload for $1000 (cost me 1600) but it's a series 5 so I doubt you'd want it.

Originally posted by FC3S
          Well i think i found a guy that will sell me a rebuilt N/A for $900
          Just gotta find him.

Comment

rotarys are a pain if they were mistreated and which most of them were, i was lucky that the owner of my car had it since 87 and only used it as a spare car, i bought it at 98k it has 120k now and i drift pretty hard and drive it everyday to work to school and nothing major has gone wrong i change the oil every 2 months and i baby the car alot, i say just keep the car, any car can have problems especially older cars with alot of miles.

Comment

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s
              Quick q though. Green underglows?
              Sorry i'm a neon freak. But i keep it clean and i dont overdo it. I actualy got rid of a bunch cuz it looked tacky. Most of the neon on the Cardomain page is gone now.

Comment

Actualy i would love an S5 motor. But first i dont have $1000 right now and second i'd still have to pay shipping which is like another $600 do i'll just go for the local guy for $900 (if i can find him)

Originally posted by SlideRiceFC
                I've got a rebuilt core I'll unload for $1000 (cost me 1600) but it's a series 5 so I doubt you'd want it.

Comment

Actually shipping on a motor is usually around $150 - 250 but still way more than $900. Anyway, I hope you manage to keep your 7. Good luck!

Originally posted by FC3S
                  Actualy i would love an S5 motor. But first i dont have $1000 right now and second i'd still have to pay shipping which is like another $600 do i'll just go for the local guy for $900 (if i can find him)

Comment

Also, if you take the S5 engine, you will need the tranny and ECU.

Spec.

Comment

Not true. The trannies between years are all interchangeable. ECU yes, but this is just a core so he can probably bolt up his S4 manifolds and harness and use his S4 electronics with the exception of some parts since the intermediate housing and front cover are different.

Originally posted by Spec
                      Also, if you take the S5 engine, you will need the tranny and ECU.

Spec.

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble but the S5 engine revs up to 8000rpm red line and the S4 7000rpm red line. The bolt up paterns are the same, but the ratios aren't and the gears changed also, thus, why I recommend changing the tranny. You can always do a half a$$ job but it's not my type.

Oh, and if I say something about an RX7 it's because I know it.

Thank you.

Spec.
                        Last edited by Spec; 12-11-2003, 07:49 AM.

Comment

It's not about bursting anyone's bubble so relax. The fact is that it is not a required part for the swap. You stated "you will NEED the S5 tranny" and I said this was not true. You decide who needs to amend their statement. It is highly unlikely that a S4 tranny will feel any ill effects from being mated to a stock S5 motor. Sorry, but it's unlikely. In a perfect world it would be nice to convert using all of the same series parts but we are talking about a guy that has obvious concerns about his budget. You might know far more about rotaries than I could ever hope to. I was just pointing out that your statement was not entirely accurate.

Comment

Point taken.

But I still HIGHLY recommend it.

Spec.

Comment

Heh. Fair enough. ^_^

Check your PMs....sending one in a few minutes. I'm always anxious to BS with another rotary nut.

Originally posted by Spec
                              Point taken.

But I still HIGHLY recommend it.

Spec.

Comment

That reminds me, I'm planning on "joining the rotary club" as soon as I get the cash. So, I'm on the hunt for a Turbo II in socal that's not ridiculously modded and overpriced. I found one that looks pretty good for about 4400, but it'll take me a few months to raise the cash.

Comment

Working...
                                X