anybody know what BOV Drift King uses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaosman
    Endee, I've love to listen to that clip but the link is broken.
    sorry, here u go:

http://web.bitnet.net/liqqe/MADs%20N...0SX%20s14a.wmv

Comment

here's another clip of it. this one is a Forge Dump Valve on a Mazdaspeed Protege:

http://clearimagecar.com/cgi-bin/loa.../Forge_BOV.mpg

looks like i found my valve. but is it just a setting? or valve specific?

Comment

Believe me, Rally cars still have BOVs. You can clearly hear them. By the way, I believe it's the setting. It appears many BOVs can flutter. I doubt that car in the Drift Bible had a Forge. I usually see Forges on VWs.
        Last edited by SaintDrift; 10-01-2004, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Yea, a lot of the 1.8T guys like to run Forge DVs and whatnot.

Your'e on the vortex aren't you SaintDrift? You got a dub as well? I used to be on there, now I only really kick around the new england regional forum as I sorta got bored of the same old crap day in and day out there.

Comment

In the video i am almost sure that's an HKS SQV (not SSQV). I have an SQV on my car (with S14 SR) and it sounds the same, under 5 or 6 psi it will just flutter, the BOV doesn't open (vented to atmosphere, too). Its all how you asjust the BOV. Tighter BOV leads to quicker venting response and no leaking, but it also increases the likelyhood of a boost spike and compressor surge. And knowing how bonered Tsuchiya is about HKS, it doesn't suprise me that in 96 (or whenever the drift bible was made) he would be using one of their new BOVs (SQV model).

Anyways, when it flutters (compressor surge) is usually during thorttle modulation mid drift at lower boost/rpm and also venting while shifting at lower rpm.

Liek others tried to say, the exact noise will differ depending on your turbo, engine displacement, boost level, and throttle/rpm range. Going from .5 to .7 bar, my BOV sounds different.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
              Yea, a lot of the 1.8T guys like to run Forge DVs and whatnot.

Your'e on the vortex aren't you SaintDrift? You got a dub as well? I used to be on there, now I only really kick around the new england regional forum as I sorta got bored of the same old crap day in and day out there.
              I had a 1.8T, but I traded it for the MR2. I use to be Brian T, I believe on Vortex.

Comment

Working...
              X