No announcement yet.

is the s15 really comming 2 the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would just buy a 240sx (89-93) then do the s15 headlight conversion and swap in the sr20 engine in it and i have a sil-80.

Same thing as a s15 except that it has 50 more hp. but its no big thing for me and i rather stick to the 5speed in the 240 then the s15. Just my preferrance.

Comment

Yes its true. I talked to the company who was selling the S15 at the Fontana California D1 Drivers Search. He said that they currently weren't legal, but that they were working on it. And that Motorex isnt the only people who imports skylines. Anyways, they said that they had to show the government how it was similar to a 240sx, and that the engine would pass emissions. Then, the governmnet would give them body/door reinforcers so that the car would be able to be crash legal.

Comment

geez can a mod please delete/lock this useless crap.

Comment

Wouldnt it be easier just to legalize the SR20DET?

Comment

um excuse nismo sigma

you sould read your post to yourself a couple of times because you just called yourself a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*...........HAHAHAHA

Comment

if anybody is actually serious in wanting to buy a s15, let me know.
              i know who has 4 for sale at this point in time.
              3 silver ones and 1 black one.

Comment

very illegal but would work. Change all the vin numbers with a junk 240sx and register it as a custom front and rear end conversion.

Comment

i personall think it should stay in japan, becaiuse its likejapans golden car, everyone wants one, and theyll probably come over here and be exploited and turned into little show cars instead of what they could really become as a working car. But im sure peoplewill find ways to get them over here anyway

Comment

I almost fell sorry for you poor people. My buddy just bought a s15 out of japan for $7000 (not including import ect...) and its legal to insure and drive here in CANADA!

Comment

I've heard Motorex is already starting to do some paper work on getting the Silvia here in America.

Could be just a rumor, but I see it as a realistic possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                        Yes its true. I talked to the company who was selling the S15 at the Fontana California D1 Drivers Search. He said that they currently weren't legal, but that they were working on it. And that Motorex isnt the only people who imports skylines. Anyways, they said that they had to show the government how it was similar to a 240sx, and that the engine would pass emissions. Then, the governmnet would give them body/door reinforcers so that the car would be able to be crash legal.
                        Do you believe everything someone tells you? Please re-read what you just said and see if it makes sense.

MotoRex isn't the only company that imports Skylines, however, they currently are the only ones that can legalize them.

The government will NEVER believe that the S15 Silvia is similar to the S14 or the S13 chassis. NEVER. That is like saying that the Nintendo Game Cube is the same as the N64 or even the old classic Nintendo system.

And how is the government supposed to GIVE someone "body/door reinforcers"??????? Are these items "universal", in that they can be adapted to all cars? The government does NOT give an auto manufacturer anything short of pieces of paper, therefore they don't give out parts of any kind. Do you see the DMV give out catalytic convertors? I sure don't.
                        Last edited by DomLee; 09-29-2004, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CounterLock
                          I've heard Motorex is already starting to do some paper work on getting the Silvia here in America.

Could be just a rumor, but I see it as a realistic possibility.
                          It is a rumor. MotoRex has not lifted a single finger on legalizing S15 Silvias.

Comment

With talk about importing Silvias, Skylines, RX-7s, etc....on every single forum that I've been to.....

The government isn't as stupid as everything thinks they are. A company that claims that they just have to show that the S15 (for example) is similiar to the S14 or S13 is bold face lying. They don't know about the actual process involved w/ PROVING that "x" may be SIMILAR to "y".

In the end,...it is safe to say that SOME of the guys who work for the government:

1) have their heads screwed on correctly.
                            2) know their $hit.
                            3) are actual car enthusiasts.

They are just limited to the wording as provided by the law. And so...they have to abide by these rules. Sure...mistakes can happen. Sure...some of the people there are basic paper pushers who know nothing about cars (happens a lot at DMV).

But there are some that do know what they are doing over there. Keep in mind that there are a number of govt branches that are involved...each w/ knowledgeable people and others who are numbnuts.

Comment

there are several here in the states, we had one guy bring one up to the shop.

Comment

Someone may have an S15 registered here, but, it is illegally and if someone in the government wanted to puch it, they could be fined, car taken away and much more. So, no the S15 is not coming to America unless some one with REALLY deep pockets wants th throw away alot of money never to get it back.

Comment

Working...
                                X