No announcement yet.

Best tuners/performance brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stillen oe is crap...otherwise they use rebranded parts. Whats special about Takata? thier just harnesses??? Might as well include Willians then?

Comment

these are various companies,

Bee*R-anyone have thier website or any place i can buy rims from them?
      K Sport
      HPI
      Weds
      SSR
      Work

ill throw up mor eif they pop up

p.s. anyone got any info on bee*r i want a set of thier rims. ill throw up a pic of em anyone got any info pm me or somehting
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Here's my revised list

RE Ameniya
          Top Secret
          Signal Auto
          HKS
          Trust
          Toda
          Work
          Enkei
          Volk
          Rays Engineering
          Project Mu
          Endless
          Tomei
          Advan
          RS*R
          URAS
          Tanabe
          Blitz
          Apex'i
          Ings
          BN Sports
          Ogura Clutch/ORC
          JUN
          Nismo
          JIC Magic
          Cusco
          ARC
          Takata
          Bride
          Vertex
          Denso
          Sard
          Koyo
          Kei Office
          Yashio Factory
          Veilside
          Kaaz
          Do-Luck
          J-Blood
          TRD
          Bee*R
          Tein
          Motul
          Impul
          DRFT
          Earl's Brake Lines
          Garage Dog House
          Omega
          Oberon
          Weld
          Hipposleek
          Mine's
          Espelir
          Spoon

Oh and Octagon take your list over to detroit that stuff doesn't belong in the JDM TYTE YO list.

Also I don't like Tein's coilover's too much. I'd take some Kei Office's any day, but their EDFC or whatever you call it electronic damper control thingy is GENIUS. So I added them.

Comment

Also alot of you guys are being redundant. Try and read the list and check if I already said the stuff you are gonna say.

Comment

um u only said something about "best tuners" or whatever...whats wrong with the un-"JDM TYTE YO" list? theyre still top-notch tuners arent they? i dont think you would refuse a free mopar viper sitting at your doorstep

Comment

Well, I'd sell it XDXDXD

Comment

Oh I edited the first post so these have to be strictly JDM tyte yo companies/tuners

Comment

Now we need to have a thread for all the "best" manufacturers webpages that have an english site!!!

Comment

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah ahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahah...uhhhhhmmmm...y eah. No.

Comment

Wow, you really don't know who's who in the aftermarket if you think WEBER is for American muscle cars. Though Inglese makes some slick quad Weber DCOE side draft aluminum intake manifolds. You can even opt for nitrous fittings if you'd like.

I mean, seriously, Lanocha Racing sells short and long block assemblies, plus heads, manifolds, and install kits for Rover aluminum V8 swaps into Brit sports cars. Their most famous engine kit is a bored and stroked 5.0L Rover.

I could just replace Weber carburetors with their inferior Japanese knock-off version - Mikuni or maybe Solex if you'd like.

Koni is still the #1 adjustable shock on the market. No halfways about it. Only reason I'll be running Spax gas adjustable shocks on my MGB is because they come in a bolt-on kit that'll convert me to fluid dampers instead of damned friction shocks.

You haven't felt how much your suspension can skitter until you've run corners using these things to damp your A-arms.

Sheesh, JDM doesn't always equal superior, in fact quite the opposite in many cases. Remember, BRE and Rebello put the Z into victory lane long before Nismo was a sparkle in Nissan's eye, Shelby American was the group that put the 2000GT into the spotlight, and Racing Beat was the company that brought the RX7 all those glorious IMSA triumphs.

I'm keeping my list right where it is in defiance of the "JDM" myth. We Yankees know exactly how to drag tons of power out of a small four cylinder engine and have been doing it for ages.

Hell, any of you guys ever hear of an Offenhauser?

Comment

Aight, three things.

First, I would love to run an Inglese crossram setup like that on my 383, but I don't have the note, the patience, or the proper car to put it in. That's some T-bucket ish, not 3rd gen camaro

Second, Octagon knows more then half of you pretend to. You have an MGB? Damn you, a car I've always wanted to play with. What else do you have?

Third, JDM is overrated to no end.

Comment

Well, the other car is a 1986 Dodge 600ES Turbo convertible.

I really lucked out on my MGB, nicknamed "Layla" because that song was playing on the radio the time I electrocuted myself while working on her. She's a 1970 MGB GT, Royale Blue, 66,700 original miles. But she also say for 18 years under a tarp in Ohio weather.

Her floorboards have holes, her doorskins need replaced, and the bloke who owned the car prior to me (who passed on right about the time the car went under the tarp) welded the front fenders on and filled the cowl seams with fiberglass so I can't just unbolt the rotted front fenders. To top it all off, the charity auto lot where I bought her lost the keys, so I had to drill her ignition lock. Now I have a "custom" toggle switch for the electrics and pushbutton starter.

But, I only paid $450 and drove her that very day.

She treats me well, and is a constant project. Right now I'm waiting on a new manifold gasket which'll solve a major power loss. Few mods, though. Weber 32/36 DGV downdraught carburetor and manifold, ANSA header, head's been decked and I'm running a thinner copper head gasket so the compression was raised to about 10.5:1, Kent "over the road" cam, ANSA stainless exhaust, and she only gets Castrol oil. Rough guess is about 150hp and 140lb ft of torque from 1800cc OHV engine.

Comment

But look at the website you are on. DRIFTING.com. No doubt about it, no matter which way you look at it, JDM is better when it comes to drifting, at least in parts.

Comment

You are SEVERELY limiting your options.

Ohlins makes just about the sickest suspension around... too bad they are German, you'll never get them. If they are good enough for many JGTC cars, most rally cars, just about every european road racing cars, most F1 and IRL cars, and most racing superbikes. Companies like Ducati and Ferrari both use their components on their cars. But they are not JDM so they suck.

Alex Pfieffer's line, Battle Version, is pretty damn sick too, you know what though, it is not JDM so they must suck, what was I thinking.

Nismo, STI, Mazdaspeed not JDM... about a year ago it was near impossible to get factory performance parts from these manufacturers in the US, but now that they are sold in the US they are not good?

Just because some of the parts aren't used by top drifters that are OUT OF JAPAN (so they are going to have all their home market stuff as sponsors) doesn't mean it is no good.

Comment

Working...
                                X