FC3s or s14 for drift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NismoSigma
    Not to critize or anything but what aspect if any of drifting even with a S14 is easy? LOL! Just T.O.!
    drive one and find out

Comment

id go with the s14 personally for a drift car. but i dont know much about rotories... im a nissan fan ...although parts on the s14 will break easier, parts will break when drifting no matter what. if your gonna be drifting, your gonna be breaking stuff....

Comment

tell me about it...

Comment

Im just saying. I have a friend who has had many rotary engines and they usually have something wrong with them, he is smart and knows about them but it becomes tedious. If your going to baby the car and just use it for daily driving i think its a good choice but it is good for drifting too.

PS. Vosko......
          Attached Files

Comment

Hmm...

I'm proud to say I own one hell of a reliable Turbo II FC, and if I could afford the tires and I had somewhere to do it, I'd go balls-out and get better at drifting it.

I let my buddy Sae who owns a car shop here in Georgia called Finish-Line Motorsports drift my car, and he was shocked as hell at how easy it is, and he REALLY likes my car. And this is comin' from a guy who OWNS a car shop, owns a 900hp 1JZ'd SC300 and works on 240's like it's nobody's business.

Umm...

It's a tough call, really. FC's aren't really that great for daily-driving, I only get like 200 miles a tank, depending on how hard I drive it. I'd rather own an S14 for daily-driving, and then have my FC as a weekend car/drift car. That to me would be just plain GODLY.

So I guess I'd honestly put the FC to the drifting pavement, and have the more reliable/better gas-mileage/but STILL nice, S14, for daily-driving.

My bro used to own an SR'd S14, but it got totalled, so we put the SR into a hatchback S13. I know my 240's. :P

Comment

S14 is easier to drift.
              S14 has more options in terms of "drift parts".
              FC parts are rather limited.

Comment

Thanks for all the opinions I have a drift day on the 24th with the s14 and then if I buy an fc I will wait and take it to a drift day to see which I like better for track/drift duty and then I will buy coilovers and lsd for the one I feel more comfortable in. Heck it might be as easy as if my helmet fits in the fc because my head hits the roof on the s14 with the helmet on. damn sunroof!!!

Comment

Originally posted by f8ldzz
                  S14 is easier to drift.
                  S14 has more options in terms of "drift parts".
                  FC parts are rather limited.
                  Uh, right.

*cough* FEED, RE Amemiya, Racing Beat, HKS, Greddy, Tien, 40030483430 other major tuners and part companies *cough*

Real limited :P

Comment

Originally posted by Valkyrie
                    Uh, right.

*cough* FEED, RE Amemiya, Racing Beat, HKS, Greddy, Tien, 40030483430 other major tuners and part companies *cough*

Real limited :P
                    Go reread my response...

FEED doesn't make "drift" parts for the FC3S.
                    R.E.A. doesn't make "drift" parts for the FC3S.
                    Racing Beat doesn't make "drift" parts for the FC3S.
                    GReddy doesn't make "drift" parts for the FC3S.

I'd like to hear the "40030483430" other companies?

We need to define "drift parts"?

Comment

SUPER NOW!

Comment

FC all the way!

S13's and S14's are played out, every little highschool kid you see has a nissan 240 because they are mad tyte yo!

Comment

s14 for sure

dont get me wrong the RX7 is a great car

even thought the RX7's make great power they deliver it wrong for drifting, so do your self a favor and drift the s14, they are very forgiving cars and there is more drift parts aroun for them so they are cheaper to set up

hope that helped

Comment

Originally posted by f8ldzz
                            Go reread my response...

FEED doesn't make "drift" parts for the FC3S.
                            R.E.A. doesn't make "drift" parts for the FC3S.
                            Racing Beat doesn't make "drift" parts for the FC3S.
                            GReddy doesn't make "drift" parts for the FC3S.

I'd like to hear the "40030483430" other companies?

We need to define "drift parts"?
                            I think I'd like to hear your definition of drift parts first...

The only part of a car actively involved in drifting are the tires.

Anything else is just "go fast" parts and suspension settings that can help with drifting.

Comment

well i heared DRFT aero parts are designed to help air flow to the engine/brakes/IC while going sideways i think. But dont quote me thats just what i heared.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkyrie
                                I think I'd like to hear your definition of drift parts first...

The only part of a car actively involved in drifting are the tires.

Anything else is just "go fast" parts and suspension settings that can help with drifting.
                                I completely agree. Your stupid if you pay twice what a product is worth just because it says "Drift" on it.

The FC TII is an awesome drift car. It handle's like whoa and kicks out way easier than the S14. Yes, this is comming from a 240 owner Considering the TII comes with an LSD and not all S14's came with LSD, plus the fact that to get your car to be able to competitively drift, your going to have to stick alot of money into the suspension and power because the KA just doens't quite have enough power to drift the way I like. So, FC comes with 30hp more, better handling, stiffer chassis, and Racing Beat makes parts for it(RB is awesome stuff), go with the FC.

Comment

Working...
                                X