No announcement yet.

FC3s or s14 for drift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

technically, wouldn't an FC be 3rd generation? because the C is in there, and, you know, C is the third letter of the alphabet. whatever. maybe i'm just rambling, but am i right?

Comment

Funny, I don't remember there ever being an FA...

SA22, FC3S, FD3S.

Comment

s14

Comment

Originally posted by Divius Drifter
          regardless of what brand you use for your car it doesn't make difference. wether it be kei office, hks,bilisten etc... thay have all spend thousands of dollers in r+d. so there for any part will do what you require its just your preference of brand or how much of a hole you want to put in you wallet. if you still cant decide what you want then go something totally different, imports a nissan cefiro or a jzx100 chaser.
          actually its just that i've decided not to go with JIC (seen enough blow out). tein's (occassional blow out). i have another set of HKS hypermax D's it just blew, but after YEARS of use.

theres a reason why company names get big, its because the product is good.

and to the guy talkin about "drift parts". just to let you know, allot of products were just renamed. it isnt cost effective to make drift parts when theres way more grip racers than drifters

Comment

Originally posted by ezekiel
            technically, wouldn't an FC be 3rd generation? because the C is in there, and, you know, C is the third letter of the alphabet. whatever. maybe i'm just rambling, but am i right?
            Yeah, and you know you're wrong...

1G RX-7 1978-1985 = SA22C
            2G RX-7 1986-1991 = FC3S
            3G RX-7 1992-2001 = FD3S
            1G RX-8 2003+ = SE3P

Comment

GAB suspension is nice..... very durable.

Comment

my bad... sorry

my inexperience has apparently reared its ugly head once again

Comment

Originally posted by marshun
                  actually its just that i've decided not to go with JIC (seen enough blow out). tein's (occassional blow out). i have another set of HKS hypermax D's it just blew, but after YEARS of use.

theres a reason why company names get big, its because the product is good.

and to the guy talkin about "drift parts". just to let you know, allot of products were just renamed. it isnt cost effective to make drift parts when theres way more grip racers than drifters
                  I love my zeal v6s on the FC.

Comment

why don't you look into bilistien, or even white line. white like has suspension for most applications including drift. they compete in the rally and as we all know rally'n can take its toll on suspension, but if they use it then, how much punishment would they take on everyday driving and drift use??

i was just wondering if you have any drift night/day paractice sessions on every so often, cause you could jump in someone's fc and s14 or any other car and get a feel of them and then chose which one you would like to drive first ect... if you get my drift (no pun intended!)
                    Attached Files

Comment

FC's remind me of bull dogs when they throw those wide body kits on them.
                      They look mean tho!

Comment

Wow this post is really old. I decided not to get the fc and put the money into the s14 I bought kei office xr's and some battle version suspension arms new wheels and tires and some other little stuff right after this post. I have had the car out a couple of times also and its a lot of fun. The car is very easy to control at the limit and I really like the setup. I could use more power but who couldnt oh well nismo gtpro lsd and seat/cage are next then I will do the sr swap. but for now it has plenty of power for what I am using it for.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what is the redline on the KA?

Less than 6500?

You should have got the 97 spec... heh. The new front end is sooo cool looking.

Comment

you bought the POS camry looking model??? i wouldve taken the fc over that one

Comment

redlines at 6500 on the ka val

Comment

When I asked the question I already had the s14, I got it for $3000 and I wasnt about to pass it up se 5lug abs and vlsd. This was 6-8 mo. ago when all the other s13's are going for that much. I like the zenki front and since I abuse it anyway it gets beat up on cones and other stuff. I might do a kouki conversion but I think I will keep the zenki front.

Comment

Working...
                                X