No announcement yet.

Segment about Street Racing on Dateline NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any enthusiast that lets a camera crew follow them are idiots unless its for an automotive video or magazine. Its like oh hey 60 min wants to follow me around and than twist it around to make it look worse than the amount of deaths caused by drunk driving. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. the only people that usaly die in street racing is the racers them self i know some of you have freind that got hit that sucks and shouldn't happen. But the fact is you can drive drunk kill 3 people in a head on and just get a hefty fine. Street racing they destory your car now *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* that.

Comment

Originally posted by tonesdef
      any enthusiast that lets a camera crew follow them are idiots unless its for an automotive video or magazine. Its like oh hey 60 min wants to follow me around and than twist it around to make it look worse than the amount of deaths caused by drunk driving. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. the only people that usaly die in street racing is the racers them self i know some of you have freind that got hit that sucks and shouldn't happen. But the fact is you can drive drunk kill 3 people in a head on and just get a hefty fine. Street racing they destory your car now *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* that.
      True, very true. They always do that. They tell you to take the banana, and than they tell you to eat it, you do, you like it, everyone has fun. But than they tel people that the banana is bad. Your like wth man, I though it was good. SOCIETY just needs someone to point the finger at, cause if you think about it, not all people are stupid behind the wheel. When you drift, you do it in an isolated area, no cars, not people, the safest it can be on the street. But cops do hassle. But you have to think about it, they're just there to uphold the law, give em some slack.

Comment

don't worry guys when F&F3 comes out, drifting's rep. is gonna get alot worse than it is now

Comment

hey is it getting filmed in japan because if it is you sould ask the yakusa to destroy the there cars and to just mess up the film ......................................J/k.......................do it please!!!!

or i have an idea you sould gather a bunch of drift clubs to go up to the touges where there filming, and make a sh*t load of noise with your exhaust to f up there filming! do something!

Comment

For all the people that did not see the segment.
            Here it is.

http://nikita.arheim.no/Dateline_Street_Racing.wmv

The two guys that got interviewed make me SICK!

Well its finally here! Drifting is now associated with everything that is bad about import racing.

Well me and "the others" predicted this already.
            So, the next prediction is TOUGHER LAWS!

hmmm.... how do we know this?!... BECAUSE IT ALREADY HAPPENED!!!!!

Oh yeah... Adding HOT IMPORT NIGHTS/ SNOOP DOG/ and all that other CRAP really shows what drifting is all about.

Comment

All thet the media does is do it for the joy of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing us over on people just trying to have fun they see us driveing around moveing fast power slideing and have fun they wana take that away from us by shooting some footige and show what happens when we whipe out or hit a car or some stuped person that has nothing better to do but say that they are makeing the streets dangerous i cant be driveing around here at night *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* what the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* are u doing out at night *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*

Jesus Christ, fellow. Settle down. That sort of attitude really doesn't give drifting a good name either.

Comment

If I was 14, I'd think that was cool. At 18, though... I think "what if they cut me off? What if one of them sideswiped my girlfriend's car? What if one of them took out my family when they're on a trip?" and I realize it's not cool. It's stupid. It's for idiots with small organs. If the "canyon racers" come to my local touge and start tearing stuff up, I'm going to be one of the guys at the top blocking the road and helping the cops write down license plates. There's already enough street racing around here, I won't stand for more idiots raising my insurance and threatening my family and friends with bodily harm.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                  For all the people that did not see the segment.
                  Here it is.

http://nikita.arheim.no/Dateline_Street_Racing.wmv

The two guys that got interviewed make me SICK!

Well its finally here! Drifting is now associated with everything that is bad about import racing.

Well me and "the others" predicted this already.
                  So, the next prediction is TOUGHER LAWS!

hmmm.... how do we know this?!... BECAUSE IT ALREADY HAPPENED!!!!!

Oh yeah... Adding HOT IMPORT NIGHTS/ SNOOP DOG/ and all that other CRAP really shows what drifting is all about.
                  True. Watching the segment, man they are not even sliding execpt the D1 clip or maybe not the D1 clip. There is this one guy said that racing in the mountain is a little more dangerous than the freeway.

Wrong.

Freeway is more dangerous than the mountain. There's alot of cars in front, and side of you and you're going 120 mph, you think you can break and stop before you hit the car.

Nope.

Street racer doesn't care if you're in an accident. Cutting lane and cause you to have an accident.

Comment

you know, me and my friend use to race alot, and i now that i look back on it, i think it is one of the smartist things i did with that GTI. My buds and i would always go to a back road, about 5 miles from houses or a busy street, and would race there.
                    Story of my life, hahahaha. I smashed my first GTI out in the boondocks one night...oops

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that the Media never interviews people that know what they're talking about? NEVER...

They do it intentionally. They try and make it look like the common person doing this is not aware of the whole situation and is uneducated. It's nothing new. In the case where the interviewee does know what they're talking about, their statements are turned into one-liners and taken way out of context...

I just wanted to point out to everyone that media has always been like this and will continue to be like this...

Comment

No the media donesn't interview anyone who knows about it because they don't research something that they (the media) want to record. They just go out and find the first person that looks like the have a clue and go for it. Also remember that Drifting is considered just another form of street racing to those that don't know. Add that to the fact that segments like these are filmed with intent to MAKE them look bad and you have a recipe for disaster. Especially the Techademics guy. Who is he fooling. He is doing nothing but encouraging dumbass behavior. Why? Because he makes money with it. He doesn't care who gets hurt. "The mountain runs are more dangerous than highway" I loved this statement. It seems that because there might be one family on the hill, that makes it more dangerous than the 50 daily commuters that are on the highway. Brilliant reasoning there braniac.

but whoever said that Drifting will look worse after F&F3 is right on the money. You think its bad now with all the lifestyle events and the crap that has been funneled into it, wait til after that movie. The mountains will be insanely choked with F&F retards all on "Drift Missions", HIN will have a Drift series and there will be Choki on the highways. Well, they can come on over to my mountain, let em try and drift that one. I can pick free parts off their cars for Ebay after they smash em. Specially egg-head folks like that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* on the Dateline special. He looked like 140lbs of stupidity didn't he? If he's always looking for that edge to make his car faster, he should get a different car. That would be a large step.

Get ready for the storm cause it's gonna be a doozy. Start changing the way your cars look cause they're about to be targets of every law enfarcement officer in the country. Yeehah.

Comment

now this was worse than the cmtv special

Comment

aahhh... being the only person in a country that knows about drifting really does rock . anyway.... more people will be asking me about it though, after F&F3... which is a good thing in a way, since i can then share my option and BM videos with them .\

edit: just saw that, it was digusting... lets "get sideways" in a CRX in a "drift mission" whos with me?
                            Last edited by yarzan; 10-22-2004, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Anything for a moment in the Spotlight

For one thing, I see this sort of driving every day by normal citizens on the freeway..even by women in early 90's mini vans.
                              So just because they categorize it as "street racing" and only concentrate on a specific age group within this here community, Its horrible thing to do, because they think we're all reckless. "Oh, all these young kids need to grow up and put some responsibility into their lives and not endanger the lives of others by illegal racing on the street" I bet the classify all 30 year olds and below "illegal street racers" by the vehicular preferences we have, and how we want to drive. There is more to a car enthusiast than driving recklessly and having fun avoiding certain death going 120mph. Just because a few "speed demons" decide ruin it, and a few movies take it way out of proportion, the general public is not educated about this whole genre and think the whole concept of appriciating cars is bad.
                              I mean Ive done my fair share of weaving through traffic and cutting people off but that would always be the result of me not really paying attention to what I was doing..in a 93 ford thunderbird for christs sake. Im about to have a baby in november so i cant afford to spend my earnings on a highly tuned putput. And even before i can take my love for cars to the next level, I'll be shot down because im going to be labeled a street racer.
                              And who the hell takes Grand Theft Auto and Nfsu seriously? Little kids who are influenced BEFORE they know how serious driving is. Thats just hogwash people with sense want to simulate those games on a public road.
                              Id also like to put a shout out to Greg...Id like to punch you in the teeth..and take off that pubic hair on your face..no one believes its real facial hair you Bitchbag.

Comment

Each one of these "street racing" specials are getting worse and worse... and I dont know who that dude is that lives with his mom, lol but I mean really c'mon... He's been on all these shows and none of us know who he is?? he is going to make all these lil honda kids wanna take their cars to go drive "touge" and when they wreck or die whose going to be blamed.. the whole street racing scene is going to be.. if they didn't advertise like this to make it look so awful and dangerous I don't think as many people would do it really.. Granted yeah we used to go out and race all the time around here but then we all got tired of it.. but not in traffic like they are showing that's stupid! you either go where there's no traffic or wait till there isn't any traffic (late at night)... but reguardless they are going to give drifting a horrible name if they keep shining this kind of light on it, "gettin sideways" "drift mission" lol seriously people! Street Racing was born in the 50s, and just because of a few movies and video games it's bad now... i don't agree with it but it's been going on a lot longer and there's just more people being caught doing it...

Comment

Working...
                                X