No announcement yet.

Segment about Street Racing on Dateline NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i didn't see and cars going "sideways" Did you? How the hell can you pull 300+hp out of a CRX?? I hope you guy aren't as stupid as that guy that lives with his mom and his crew. If you're gonna race, do it at night when there aren't so many commuters
    if you're gonna drift do at night in the mountains, factory areas, the country, etc.
    I seems like you guys say strange things on this fourum
    you guys say a whole lot about how it's stupid to race in drift in the highways and mountains when its day light and when there are civilians around minding their buisness.
    but as soon as you see a japanese vid, for example that one vid with the FCs doin their thing up the mountain in broad daylight, you applaud it. and you talk of how cool it is to race in the "Wangan" aka highway when you see vids of GT-Rs flying at triple digits down straight aways. but when you see one of your own doing the same thing, you talk of how stupid it is. WTF is up with that
    also to the reporter guess what the hot rodding of the past and import racing of the present are the SAME. the old hot rod came stock with 300+hp so what's the point of ordering parts to go fast?? on the other hand, present day car come stock with 120-200hp on average, THAT is why we have to buy so much stuff to acheive the power that hot rods have! chances are you were into this stuff when you were our age, so your're just maybe an import hater anyway.

*sighs* Finally done

Comment

I think media making drifting look bad matters because it affects the publics opinion on this sport. It really has nothing to do with me personally and does not affect my drifting (I hit it up this past weekend in fact). But as a person that hopes to see this sport last (as far as legal places to drift) I think it does matter how the rest of the general public views this sport. If we are viewed as a bunch of illegal street racer types then how can we ever expect someone to build us our "drift tracks" that we desire so much. People that have the funds to do a project like that dont give respect to those types of people. Yeah anyone can still sample on the streets whenever they want, but eventually you'll be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The USA isn't like Japan, if you get busted you're going down. I do both nowadays but honestly I would prefer to have a well built controlled environment to drift in, and to get there the sport needs to advance at the "professional level".

And to that last reply, the reason everyone likes to watch the Japan street drifting vids is because we wish we could do that type of stuff all the time and get away with it. I really wish the cops would just tell me to go away if they caught me on the streets but I can guarantee you I'd be screwed. People in Japan can get away with that type of stuff all the time so alot of people in the USA envy that.

Comment

Hallelujah Hawaiian, somebody finally got what I been saying for the past year about media, public perception and the damage it can cause to a legitimate sport. Praise.

Comment

yeah that video was kinda weak...i did find it funny talking about how the guy cashes in on ppls stupidty LOL now the guy with the cr-x...uhm...he gives cr-x's a bad name as well as anyone that owns a honda, or hell thats white and into cars. He is one of those guys where i would say this to " you are the load your mother should have swallowed ", or " you really shouldnt be allowed to breed" ...that guys is just as ignorant and bandwagonish as 90% of the people who are into being " tunners"...just my thoughts.

Comment

regarding GM_RACER:

i have a deep hate for him. He cant spell, hes racist, hes not good at them grammar. He flat out brings the whole drifitng community down, and i quote:

Originally posted by GM_Racer
            Drifting, to me is the Best thing since My First Drive in My Truck,I Love to Do it and it keeps getting Better Every Time I do it.I just Came back from a Sweet Drive I just had the best time out Driveing my truck.I was on the Highway and some stuped guy tryed to cut me off so I cut him off after that he passed then he got off the highway so I followed him off as we drove we passed a corner that I Drifted a few days ageo and knew that it was a good corner to get side ways on so I got on the side of him and as we entered the corner I sped up and hit the Ebrake and Drifted right in front of his a@@.He was so scared that he hit the brakes and tryed to get me back by trying to follow me so I pulled up to a light and saw that there were no cars comeing so I reved the Engine and took off like a Person running fron the Cops.Thought that I share it with everyone that thinks that Mucle Car and trucks are not fun lol.
            these type of people should not be allowed out of their trailer... Or for that matter, near a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by yarzan
              regarding GM_RACER:

i have a deep hate for him. He cant spell, hes racist, hes not good at them grammar. He flat out brings the whole drifitng community down, and i quote:

these type of people should not be allowed out of their trailer... Or for that matter, near a computer.
              ^^That's so true. I also hate how he Capitalizes Every word that has 5 Letters or more like this. It Really gets on my Nerves.

Comment

that segment made drifting look bad. i guess the guy in mtv got sick of loosing at drag races with his tons of money set-up in his integra, he wanted to try out "canyon racing"

Comment

It's dateline what do you expect? They edit stuff to their liking just like their special on supermarket doors closing and killing people. We thought it was even going to be worse.

Funny how they forgot to mention that the show they were at was the one organized by teckademics. It was a Teckademics track day.

Comment

Lets face it, public media's only purpose is to blow thing way out of porportion, and discredit other wise inicent activities. of course that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* with the crx just adds to the problem, since he was most likly only doing it for the attetion. most resposable drivers do go out to remote areas where traffic is minimal, so as to avoid accidents. and ya FF3 will definetly spawn another generation of ricers tring to be cool like the fav actors (paul walker) but hopefuly thell all burn out befor they do any real harm. lets face it to most 14 year old punks that go and see FF3 will only do it as long as its precived as COOL

Comment

Working...
                    X