Drifting PASEO???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NismoSigma
    That was the 1st episode if I remeber correctly!
    First episode was a rx-8. Check the site you posted, hehe.

On Episode 2, the Tuners transformed an old school 1989 Nissan 240SX into a JDM spec Silvia Drift Car.The transformation was extensive and with only 22 minutes to work with on the air, we naturally had to take short cuts with our filming.
    Oh yea short cuts...

Comment

The 3 guys that work on that show are basically just a bunch of morons that have shops and other people do all the work for them.

Some of the cars turn out pretty cool. The S13 episode was pretty good, but like it was said they showed a couple days of work in 22 minutes, not very extensive. The color sucked too, but a rattle can of flat black paint would fix that

The WRX STi episode was pretty cool. They put the normal wrx hood and trunk on it so it was more of a sleeper. Then I am pretty sure they did an intake/exhaust and a front mount IC.

EDIT:
      Checked the site and the S13's final color wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I thought it was a light blue color and not that funk purplish-blue color.

Comment

I watched it too the other day. They put in a locker diff, and they were acting like it's the best drift mod!! I remember when they called the rear end independent too. It didn't make any sence because they were showing it at the same time. Some of the chassis welds they did were totally ghetto and probably added a ton of weight. Why did they use that engine? Why didn't they use a 16v?

Comment

IIRC they said it woudl have independent 4 link. thats not independent suspension.

also, how many of you own a shop and are on tv? who cares if you think they are stupid, they are making a lot of money doing what they do. also nobody will watch the show if they make flat black ae86's with a 2jz and no external mods. but then again i guess the fact that someone is giving them a budget to make the car do xxxxxxx doesnt matter. who cares what the owner wants no matter how stupid it is. if they give us 5k for a civic dx lets put a b20 with turbo and nothign else.

i thought the paseo was okay...but im definately not gonna sit here and bash. except maybe the body kit guy, b/c his taste is just horrible, i dont care who you are. and as for the bashing of his drifting, yes it totally sucked, however, if your gonna bash please post video of YOU doing any better.
          Last edited by Ris4drift; 10-26-2004, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Still you have to think about it, they got one of the ugliest platforms and at least they tried something with it. I think they should just stick to the whole ricey thing instead of drifting. Well at least they did something out of the ordinary!

Comment

when they did the 86 he drifted it round pretty good. Better than most. just because he spun out dosent mean he sucks

Comment

werd. from what ive seen/read on here spinning aroudn is a lot closer to drifting than most of you e-drifters have gotten

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                  werd. from what ive seen/read on here spinning aroudn is a lot closer to drifting than most of you e-drifters have gotten
                  E-drifters?? Does that stand for internet drifters?? Why an "E"??

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                    Oh man so true, I don't really know anyone on these boards and have no way to prove it, but I actually go out drifting and mess up my car from time to time.

E-drifters= using the e brake

Comment

Originally posted by Cone
                      Oh man so true, I don't really know anyone on these boards and have no way to prove it, but I actually go out drifting and mess up my car from time to time.

E-drifters= using the e brake
                      So are you looking down on people, who use their car to their full potenial as well as all techniques available? Including the e-brake.

Comment

No I'm not, I don't really want to get into the whole e brake thing, but I know, the e brake helps a drift. Especially if you don't want to shift lock when it's wet and it's really slick or whatever. I know the e can be used to make a drift last way longer. I've watched professional drifting and have seen how much they use it, especially in S13s, S14s, S15, and FDs. I don't think many pros use it in AE86s, well at D1 at least. It's just that my e doesn't work in my car so I can't use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cone
                          No I'm not, I don't really want to get into the whole e brake thing, but I know, the e brake helps a drift. Especially if you don't want to shift lock when it's wet and it's really slick or whatever. I know the e can be used to make a drift last way longer. I've watched professional drifting and have seen how much they use it, especially in S13s, S14s, S15, and FDs. I don't think many pros use it in AE86s, well at D1 at least. It's just that my e doesn't work in my car so I can't use it.
                          Ohh okay...so you think theres anything wrong with using the e-brake, its just you don't use it. right? Actually thats how I learn to weight transfer, a friend with no ebrake taught me.

Comment

Yeah, kinda, it's fine to use the e brake, as long as you don't use it allllll the time, you know what I'm sayin? Hey if my car's e worked, I'd probably use it sometimes. When I'm driving my AE86 though, I probably would use it very rarely. My car gets pretty sideways with a feint drift.

When Ris4drift orginally posted about e drifters though, I think that he was using it as a general term for nubies. Nubies using the e brake all the time to drift= e drifter.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
                              If you really want to watch a cool show watch Overhauled, they do some real work even though they don't do imports.
                              Pimp my ride is a real car show. Where else can you learn to fabricate a ping pong table into the back of your truck or a turntable setup for the aspiring white dj? Where else can you see Giovannas entire line of 18" wheels? And the biggest factor, where else can you see people waste 20 grand on "ICE" in a 20 year old pos vehicle with 500 000 miles?

oh ya they do imports too :P

Comment

hehe...well they do some interesting things, even if its not under the hood.

Comment

Working...
                                X