Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Enquiring minds want to know

Originally posted by SlideRiceFC
    Hey Tony...saw you standing behind the VIP seating last night waiting to use the potty. #1 or #2?
    #1 dude, it's a porta potty btw that is the most retarded question yet!!!! awesome!!!!! also big props to Chris for ruling on tanaka and taniguchi
    -Don't forget the struggle. Don't forget the streets-

www.driftalliance.com
    www.clubloose.com

Listen to Motley Crue

Comment

Re: Re: Enquiring minds want to know

Originally posted by Drift Alliance
      #1 dude, it's a porta potty btw that is the most retarded question yet!!!! awesome!!!!! also big props to Chris for ruling on tanaka and taniguchi
      Thanks. I pride myself on my retardation. Actually I was gonna stop and ask you about the FD but I have this thing about not bugging people when they are using the bathroom or eating. You weren't using tha bathroom yet but waiting to use the bathroom is sort of a gray area.

Speaking of Chris ruling on Tanaka I've got some video clips of several of the runs during the night. They are short and the quality leaves much to be desired since they were taken with my digital camera but if anyone wants to host them hit me up and I'll zip them up and send them to you or whatever.

Comment

hey tony.. i'm thinking of building a MK3 supra for a drift car in the future. Do you think the m7 motor is strong for high speed drifting?

one more thing... what do you think of this drawing of a MK3 supra?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 360-d1
          hey tony.. i'm thinking of building a MK3 supra for a drift car in the future. Do you think the m7 motor is strong for high speed drifting?

not to step on toes but since i am currently drifting a cressida with a stock 7mge I would have to say it is fine for the cone parking lot courses that we run on at dgtrial events but those are at 50 ph. what do you consider high speed drifting? also, if you have no time in a car drifting, you should be worrying about developing your drift skills first and then decide on the motor. as the 7mge stand (besides blowing head gaskets) its a pretty good motor. strip the interior out of the car, get a diff and coil overs. if there isnt enough power for you after that, then drop a 2jzte into it out of a MKIV supra.

Comment

Originally posted by Toycoma
            not to step on toes but since i am currently drifting a cressida with a stock 7mge I would have to say it is fine for the cone parking lot courses that we run on at dgtrial events but those are at 50 ph. what do you consider high speed drifting? also, if you have no time in a car drifting, you should be worrying about developing your drift skills first and then decide on the motor. as the 7mge stand (besides blowing head gaskets) its a pretty good motor. strip the interior out of the car, get a diff and coil overs. if there isnt enough power for you after that, then drop a 2jzte into it out of a MKIV supra.
            well..I could see that i don't no much about drifting. what I mean
            to say, can the 7m motor with stand high rev? bacause were i live
            a lot of people race the 7m's and they say the one problem with the stock motor is you can not boost it too much with stock internal

one thing... toycoma. it's good to see some one drifting a toyota cressida with a stock motor.

Comment

well..I could see that i don't no much about drifting. what I mean
              to say, can the 7m motor with stand high rev? bacause were i live
              a lot of people race the 7m's and they say the one problem with the stock motor is you can not boost it too much with stock internal

one thing... toycoma. it's good to see some one drifting a toyota cressida with a stock motor.
              well, the stock 7m alone when ran hard will blow head gaskets until you switch out the old one and retorque the head to 75 ftlbs instead of the 58 that it is from the factory. the other problem you face if you try to turbo a stock NA 7m is that the compresion ratio is higher then a 7mtge and you can already blow the head gasket when its NA so all you are doing is blowing it even sooner. best bet would be to find a turbo supra, still pull the head and have atleast a metal head gasket put in along with ARP studs. I think Tony knows a guy named Tom who has like an insane white MK3 with a turbo 7m in it, maybe he can get you his email or something. but as stock, the 7m is decent motor. i say, get the car. go to a dgtrials clinic this spring and go from there. and since you are in NY, go onto www.importfanatix.com and talk to some of the supra guys there.

Comment

Originally posted by Toycoma
                well, the stock 7m alone when ran hard will blow head gaskets until you switch out the old one and retorque the head to 75 ftlbs instead of the 58 that it is from the factory. the other problem you face if you try to turbo a stock NA 7m is that the compresion ratio is higher then a 7mtge and you can already blow the head gasket when its NA so all you are doing is blowing it even sooner. best bet would be to find a turbo supra, still pull the head and have atleast a metal head gasket put in along with ARP studs. I think Tony knows a guy named Tom who has like an insane white MK3 with a turbo 7m in it, maybe he can get you his email or something. but as stock, the 7m is decent motor. i say, get the car. go to a dgtrials clinic this spring and go from there. and since you are in NY, go onto www.importfanatix.com and talk to some of the supra guys there.

good looking!!! i have a 87 7m supra but i blow my motor and my ball bearing turbo doing 25psi.

Comment

OH man, my post just went mk3 beserk... anyways, i think they are one of the overlooked, great drift cars with good potential, especially considering they come with a good motor, decent brakes, good susp etc, you will have a slight problem finding good coilovers, but besides that they are great cars, for the 7MGTE, i would just get some ARP head studs, and make sure you get the right torque set on them, and a full exhaust/intake/fuel setup would be great power to start drifting with......

www.driftalliance.com
                  www.clubloose.com

Listen to Motley Crue

Comment

happy new years!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boozesozoku
                      happy new years!!!

AHAHAHA, where are the sweet pics of our costumes, without the costume, the remains of my makeup makes me look like a psychopath.....

www.driftalliance.com
                      www.clubloose.com

Listen to Motley Crue

Comment

• Originally posted by Drift Alliance
                        AHAHAHA, where are the sweet pics of our costumes, without the costume, the remains of my makeup makes me look like a psychopath.....
                        hahaha it gives your cheeks a nice rosey complexion. Lily didn't take pics til late, we didn't get any of you in drag.

p.s. - The Baby is covered in booze and its amazing.

p.p.s. - were those rhinestones on the back of your spaghetti strap dress?

Comment

• ha ha!
                          look at Baby!
                          there he is.

Comment

• Hi, I'm new here, I've a stupid question for Tony.
                            I'm building up my drift car and I need to repaint it (is a S14 kouki)
                            I've seen the red endless 350Z that you drive and I like it.. Do you know if it is the original 350 red?
                            many thanx
                            massimo
                            from Italy

Comment

• Yo, i talked to brian wong (owner of the car) and he said, yes, its a factory nissan color, called redline...
                              tony

www.driftalliance.com
                              www.clubloose.com

Listen to Motley Crue

Comment

• Why does my post have more views than yours?
                                www.chrisforsberg.com
                                www.driftalliance.com
                                www.nosdrift.com
                                www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

Working...
                                X