No announcement yet.

Crayz '05 Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mate i dont think it is good for you to come on here and make a fool of yourself with an aussie tag on your head. its just not like that over here. but there's always gonna be a hick.

i think everyone understands where you're coming from though. drifting (as we see it) is an extreme sport based on skill and knowledge. thats why its always great to see slower cars tearing it up. and i think that the cars should be traditional (import, compact sports cars). any car can drift, but it would be bad to see it taken over by power not setup and skill.

just 2 cents from australia.
    cheers
    RxDrift

Comment

You can forget everything you know about Fox chassis cars, because none of this applies to the new one. The new car has a totally different chassis, motor and suspension. None of the crappy Fox handling here. The majority of Mustang GT buyers are drag racers, and it's cheaper to put a live axle in a car than IRS, so that's y Ford did it. Before you start trashing the live axle, remeber that the beloved AE86 has it, and everybody praises that car for it's handling.

Compare the new '05 Mustang GT base to the Nissan 350Z base. (specs from Car and Driver)

1. Handling:
      Nissan 350Z .88g
      Mustang GT .89g
      2. Weight distribution:
      350Z 53/47
      '05 GT 53/47
      3. Acceleration 0-60:
      350Z 5.4 seconds
      '05 GT 5.1 seconds
      4. Braking from 70mph
      350Z 164 ft
      '05 GT 169 ft
      4. Cost:
      350Z 27,000
      '05 GT 24,000

The 350Z has the edge in handling and braking but the '05 GT has the edge in acceleration. Consider though, that the 350Z is 3 grand more than the base 'Stang, and the Track model is 33 grand--Cobra territory. The new Cobra is coming with IRS, over 450 hp, bigger brakes, and a stiffer suspension for about that price.

Finally, if you don't think a 350Z has any body roll:
      Attached Files

Comment

ill still take my FairLady over the Steve McQueen wanna be mustang.

Comment

yea i agree it may b a lil better than the z performance wise but the z just looks soo much better. and its made by nissan which means theres more reliablity behind it. other than ford which has had many problems with in the last few years

Comment

I dont see why that aussie was flaming the mustang. We just want to show the japanese market that our cars can keep up with theirs. I cant wait to see those 2 stangs in action next year

Comment

^WORD^

Comment

Some people just act really stupid sometime. The great thing about drifting is that it isn't about power, so low powered cars can compete with cars with more power. This wouldn't be a big deal if you tried to keep American cars with big engines out of competitions. And besides, most serios drifters with sr's in their 240's have crazy power anyway. Just let people "run what ya brung" and let their driving do the talking.

This stupid trash talking really needs to stop, it's a waste of space for drift videos or drifting stories or something else that is actually entertaining.

- peace

Comment

i think every one is taking this out of contexed, the new mustang is a great looking car and is leaps and bounds in front of the old model, why i am sure it makes good power and smokes the rear tyres very well as all v8's do,

they will take the sport of drifting for technall winding roads and switch backs to big open corners with big smoke involved (and that is not real drift).

i just hope we dont lose that.

i am not a big fan of the 350z's either (for drift that is).

if you would like to see what i mean then go to japan and check out drift.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami

Compare the new '05 Mustang GT base to the Nissan 350Z base. (specs from Car and Driver)

1. Handling:
                    Nissan 350Z .88g
                    Mustang GT .89g
                    2. Weight distribution:
                    350Z 53/47
                    '05 GT 53/47
                    3. Acceleration 0-60:
                    350Z 5.4 seconds
                    '05 GT 5.1 seconds
                    4. Braking from 70mph
                    350Z 164 ft
                    '05 GT 169 ft
                    4. Cost:
                    350Z 27,000
                    '05 GT 24,000

i like it when people post the facts.
                    personally, i think the mustang shows the most potential as a drag car for muscle guys and not so much a drift car. the main issue is that it doesnt look like your regular drift vehicle. the 350z has more appeal because its got a very low, japanese look to it, but everyone sees the mustang as a big thundering quartermile machine.
                    at least thats how it is around here.
                    but the numbers dont lie, so we'll see when the car comes out!

Comment

Only time will tell.......

Comment

We come with skill and leave with your muthafukin respect...

Comment

Originally posted by ShAkE DoWn
                          We come with skill and leave with your muthafukin respect...

now who is tyring to start s%!t

Comment

It's true...We earned the respect of the Japanese drivers. i.e. Tsuchiya Keiichi, Taniguchi Noboru, and some other guys...Thanks to the GTO.

Comment

and were is the gto made

Comment

America! FUK YEAH! JK it's made in Australia, a country which you don't defend, especially the V8s, but the GTO is still an American V8 nonetheless...

Comment

Working...
                                X