No announcement yet.

Crayz '05 Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats up guys. Im Vaughn "JR" Gittin Jr. and I'm driving the Mustang for Team Falken. First I wanna say I have a few friends in Australia who are hardcore drivers so dont hold Australia/"Aussies" for one guys opinion. If he wants to hate Mustangs and think im an idiot for switching good for him......The guys i know respect the new challenge as most other drivers do. Sure I could keep my 240 or could have probably drove whatever next year. But the mustang IS new its American and I am excited to test its skill and see if it lives up to the hype as well as bring some true American muscle into the sport. My s13 will be coming home (Maryland) and you can bet your A$$ it will be beaten up on a regular basis thats my roots there will always be one in the garage and it will not be a show piece thats for sure so as for being a "true import guy" I would say im that at heart like i said my roots are with the 240 ive had one since i was 18 (6 years).

"Aussie Drifter"
    I would like to clear something up for you I AM NOT GETTING PAID TO DRIVE THIS CAR that had nothing to do with my decision to drive this new platform and spend hours and hours on a airplane flying back and forth from the east to west coast to test this car and assist in the build up. I did it for the challenge I did because of guys like you that say it cant be done and nothing more but a great time and my love for the sport. So what ever trash you wanna talk just remeber there is always a guy in the USA with an american V8 powered monster that will be glad to rock with you at anytime.

Cheers Mate!

JR
    www.driftalliance.com
    TEAM FALKEN

Comment

READ THE FU@KING POSTS

i said i was a fan of you skill, and that the mustang is a nice car just not a great drift car.

if you really have mates down here then you would know that we are in to very techanall drift down here, and that was what i was trying to get to was that the mustang gto, commadores falcons and such produce great smoke and can drift big open corners with out a problem, due to being more stable but through a swich back in there and look at what starts to happen.

i wish you luck in your car of choise, and hope that you prove me wrong

it all seems like you amercians have got a little more touchey since i lived there.

good luck
      great to speak to someone that really drift's

Comment

"Aussie Drifter"
        I would like to clear something up for you I AM NOT GETTING PAID TO DRIVE THIS CAR that had nothing to do with my decision to drive this new platform and spend hours and hours on a airplane flying back and forth from the east to west coast to test this car and assist in the build up. I did it for the challenge I did because of guys like you that say it cant be done and nothing more but a great time and my love for the sport. So what ever trash you wanna talk just remeber there is always a guy in the USA with an american V8 powered monster that will be glad to rock with you at anytime.

Cheers Mate!

JR [/B][/QUOTE]

sorry i thought you guys were getting paid, my bad

Comment

Word JR!

Comment

octane , please stop saying "word" its so f****** annoying. the 05 mustang is ugly, the previous generation looks 100x better. Jr best of luck .

Comment

"Aussie"

Thanks for the change in tone....

"homer"

Thanks for the change in support...........

"Octane"

Hugs!
              www.driftalliance.com
              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

This whole "Domestics cant handle" crap is a stereotype. Domestics (Chevy/Ford/Etc) are well known for drag racing because drag racing is one the most popular forms motorsports in the USA. When people think Domestics, they always think dragracing. But that dosnt mean they suck at everything else. Thats a stereotype held by people that are not into domestics. If you actually check out the scene you'll find out that there is also a large group of people with Domestics that are into roadracing. Enough interest to form events or series. Many different models of domestics have large aftermarket roadracing parts support. There is also a large group of people with Domestics that are into dirt track racing. Those events happen almost every weekend in some places. And although these sports aren't the same as drifting, they are similar in one way or another. Either the style of driving, ammount of time spent prepping the car, or the equipment used. What matters is how the cars are built. Each of the cars in these different scenarios are built differently for different goals.

This sport is new to domestics. You cant go compare a stock OEM domestic to some modified D1 Import. To be at the same level, the domestic also needs to be tuned to drift. And considering this is a new sport that has been somewhat unexplored by the domestic crowd, theres gonna be alot of experimentation. Nothing will be perfect the first time. Its gonna take alot of time to tune the cars as good as the Japan guys can tune their Imports.

Aussie, if you had a 98 Stang and it handled like crap then that was your fault for tuning it like crap. Or if you expected the stock equipment to handle as well as an Import with coilovers then no wonder you're pissed off. Get real. I know guys with those generation stangs that handle great (modified suspension of course). And I also know guys with Domestics that drift on the mountain. I dont know what thats all about.

Anyway ... Drifting and V8's ... two words that go great together.

Comment

^^^
                  Definitely agree!

I think that the 350 might have an advanteage with a lower "axial" momentum. What I mean by that is the weight distributions might be similar at the wheels, but weather the weight is out near the ends of the car or more towards the center is a different aspect. I am quite cartain the the v8 in the GT weighs more than the 350, and the rear end is heavier than the 350 as well. In the end, that will make the 350 more snappy and the 05 a little more stable.

Beyond that, it is more a matter of preference.

Also, the Cobra and some/all (idk) of the aftermarket stangs will have IRS.

In reguards to reliability, both have their issues. Just by knowing a few people who own them I can say this. When something does go wrong, it usually isn't anything major and you will be able to drive it home (or 1000 miles more).

I'd take either one

Comment

jr

what type of brakes are you useing on the mustang, because from what i can rember the stock calipers and disks were not to good on my 98

Comment

(from Ford Press Release) Acknowledging the Ford Mustang's storied racing history and pivotal role in the performance parts aftermarket, Dan Davis, Director of Ford Racing Technology, today announced plans to continue Mustang's presence on the race track with a new performance parts and competition program.

Davis revealed a race version of the new Mustang during Ford's press conference at the Specialty Equipment Manufacturer's Association (SEMA) show. The Ford Racing Mustang show car is painted in legendary Bud Moore "orange and black" livery, replete with the number '15' in deference to Parnelli Jones' Mustang Boss 302 Trans Am car.

"The Mustang is synonymous with performance modifications and competitive racing," Davis said. "It has an unparalleled pedigree in many forms of racing, and the all-new 2005 Mustang makes a terrific platform to continue that history of racing competition and victories.

"Ford Racing Performance Parts will be the one-stop shop for performance and racing when it comes to the new Mustang. We're going to offer everything from a 'Body-in-White' for the do-it-yourself builder, to performance upgrades for the shade-tree mechanic, all the way to a full ready-to-race competition car for the grassroots motorsports enthusiast."

Competition Program

The Ford Racing Mustang competition program will offer a multitude of options for the grassroots racing participant. Ford Racing aims to bring factory engineering and know-how to the development of race-prepared chassis and vehicle offerings. Mustang is a proven competitor in many forms of racing, and this program will cater to both drag and road racers.

The first offering from the competition program is a road racing-spec Mustang. It is a ready-to-race track car that could compete in a variety of road racing series. At the heart of this package is Ford Racing's 5.0-liter Cammer V8 engine. The Cammer crate engine already has a racing pedigree, with a Robert Yates-built race version powering the Ford Focus Daytona Prototype to a class win at the 2003 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona.

"The Cammer and the new Mustang make a perfect combination to go road racing," said Davis. "We've already done a significant amount of testing of the Cammer in our Daytona Prototype program, and the engine is a terrific performer."

The Cammer V8 is available as a crate engine through the Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog. The 5.0-liter Cammer is built from Ford's family of modular V8 engines, including the 4.6-liter DOHC supercharged V8 found in the SVT Mustang Cobra. The Ford Racing Cammer crate engine produces 420 horsepower and 370 foot-pounds of torque. It features electronic fuel injection and comes with "plug-and-play" electronics, including the wiring harness and engine computer, for easy installation in a variety of projects from race cars to hot rods.

The Mustang competition program will help extend Ford Racing's grassroots motorsports support back into the road racing community. With the variety of race series available to entry-level up to semi-professional drivers, the goal of the program is to provide a competitive car – both in performance and value – based on Ford Racing factory knowledge and race experience.

"Ford Racing’s grassroots motorsports efforts, including support of the popular USAC-sanctioned Focus Midget series, have been extremely successful in providing opportunities to go racing at a good value," continued Davis. "The Mustang road racing program will capitalize on our crate engine program and the Mustang's successful history in racing.

"We're investigating and talking with several sanctioning bodies right now to determine where we want to take this product first. The beauty of this program is that the foundation and package is purpose-built and factory engineered to be competitive at many levels of racing. Only series-specific equipment and regulations will need to be applied to fit the road race-spec Mustang into different types of competition."

The chassis, or "Body-in-White," has been seam-welded and the safety cage has been structurally optimized and designed for ultimate vehicle performance, durability and safety. This race-prepared chassis allows Ford Racing to extend its offerings to include other types of racing, including drag racing.

For the drag racer, Ford Racing is investigating the availability of a rolling race-prepared chassis that can be built up using the performance parts catalog of crate engines, transmissions, suspension components, rear axles and gears.

"The possibilities of this program are truly endless," said Jamie Allison, Manager, Ford Racing Performance Parts. "We're going to keep listening to what Mustang enthusiasts want, and do our best to deliver performance options that are factory-engineered, tested and built to the highest standards."

Performance Parts

Ford Racing has years of experience and knowledge developing performance parts for Mustang enthusiasts. The Mustang represents the single most important model vehicle for the Ford Racing Performance Parts business, and it is the No. 1 vehicle most modified by consumers as ranked amongst all single-vehicle nameplates.

"Although Ford Racing Performance Parts has a growing line-up of parts for Focus and F-150, the Mustang is the heart of our business, so we've made a commitment to developing a variety of parts for enthusiast owners," continued Allison. "From performance crate engines to wheels, and suspension upgrades for what is now last-generation Mustangs, we've got it all. And we plan to do more of the same for the 2005 model leveraging the Mustang competition program."

Initial offerings in the catalog will be available in the first quarter of 2005, with continuing roll-out of new parts over the course of the year.

Powertrain enhancements include a bolt-on, screw-type supercharger package for the Mustang GT's 4.6L 3-valve V8, including the necessary calibration change. Other powertrain enhancements include a tubular header system, cold air intake system, and cat-back exhaust.

The catalog also includes a strut tower brace, further chassis and suspension packages, and 18 x 9-inch performance wheels all available early next year.

For those enthusiasts wanting to not just perform better but also look better, Ford Racing has joined with 3d Carbon to offer a "GT-R"-style body kit that is reminiscent of the Ford Mustang GT-R concept car from the 2004 New York Auto Show.
                      Body-in-White

Ford Racing is now the sole distributor of 2005 Mustang "bodies-in-white" (BIWs) that many builders use as the basic structure to build race cars for a variety of different competition series, from road racing to drag racing. These bodies are sold for off-road use only and can be built up using any of Ford Racing's crate engines.

For a builder to purchase a BIW, an application must be submitted to Ford Racing for review before release of the body for purchase. Applications can be found on the Ford Racing Performance Parts website: www.fordracingparts.com

Discovery Channel's "Extreme Mustang: Back to the Track"

The Discovery Channel joined with Ford Racing Technology to give racing and automotive enthusiasts an inside look at the decisions and processes that are part of the Mustang competition development program. The resulting documentary, "Extreme Mustang: Back to the Track," gives an unprecedented look at this exciting racing program from its inception to the first track test.

Comment

ROAD RACING 2005 FORD MUSTANGS

GT R Concept

H&R Springs

Roush-Performance

Steeda Autosports

Bonspeed
                        Last edited by vigvoodoo; 12-16-2004, 06:06 PM.

Comment

best lookin mustang since the 1969 shellby for sure

Comment

WORD.......hahahahahahaha.......I love you JR!

Comment

Classic design concepts Glassback. This is my favorite '05 to date. When I get mine, this is how I want it to look ('cept for mine will be red and have the Steeda wing.)
                              Attached Files

Comment

hahaha i love this thread. its like one of those neverending arguements about weather hondas suck or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X