No announcement yet.

*crazy Porsche*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no way! a fellow 924 <8- ) well....i know we dont have much in common because i have a 1977 924 (not the half, the original) its a project car but once its running and cleaned up <8- ) oh and do you know anything about replacing all of the vacuum lines? last owner messed them up somehow.

Comment

Are you guys running carbs in your 924's? Fuel management in those things was less than stellar.

Comment

Mines fuel injected. I didnt hear anything bad about the fuel system considering there are VERY fast 944 Turbos (2.5liter 944's have the same engine as my car) producing up to 600 hp. Mine has 163hp stock which is pretty good for a 2.5 4 cylinder in 1988. Look here i posted last night all about my car:

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&pagenumber=28

Comment

he was probably talking about the the regular 924. us regular owners have to deal with plenty of problems. it was the bastard child of VW and porsche was lazy in the start and did not replace things like the wiring harness and borrowed suspension parts and brakes. i have drums and the rear suspension of a old beetle and i think the front is from a rabbit or something. either way its going to be fun once its running. nice 924S. i got a chance to look at the cardomain link too <8 -)

Comment

I did not know there were two different versions. I thought the 944 was the 924 debugged and better.

Comment

well....yeah sort of. the 924S was sportier because it was a bit smaller and probably some other stuff. i think they share the same engine, but im not sure about the 924S. the 924 was replaced by the 924S and 944. i think the 924 and 924S might have been out at the same time at one point.

Comment

Arktech Endless Advan GT-4
                Attached Files

Comment

Porsche 961 (IMSA GTX/FIA Group B... yes, they had a road-race version of group b... so I've heard anyway... could be wrong)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Porsche 911 Gunnar G-93 (actually a mid-engine 911... meant for GT1... pre-dates the factory 911 GT1 by a few years)
                    Attached Files

Comment

all 935's... most of the ones in the back are the Kremer K3's... the black one up front is one of the first 935's. The long tail ones aren't official 935/78's, but actually american modified 935's. I'll post a real 935/78 next.
                      Attached Files

Comment

935/78.... "Moby *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*"

Porsche: the Gods of rule-bending.

There was a rule in place where the floor could be raised by five inches. This was intended for exhaust clearance. Porsche realized they could take a 911 chassis, section it, raise the floor by five inches, and then lower the entire car back down to the ground via the suspension. Also, the rear window had to remain stock. Nothing was said about mounting *another* window over top of it for a more aerodynamic roof-line. Same ideas went for the doors (hence the little extension). There are more intracate rules that I am not aware of that I am sure were bent beyond recognition... gotta love it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Kremer K4... actually kinda ugly in my opinion... one hell of a quick car though.
                          Attached Files

Comment

jgtc boxster...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Porsche 962C (Kremer Version)

(oh, just so you know, Kremer is a team that has done a lot of work with Porsche, and runs their cars a lot... Kremer has won many times at Le Mans using Porsche products...)
                              Attached Files

Comment

nice downforce on the back of a 911 GT1 Evo98.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X