No announcement yet.

STS's GTO drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if you hit it on a rock or something :?

Comment

i dont give a what, give me a new 04 gto and ill be damn happy, ill figure out how to make it drift i tell ya. call up rmr and ask a crap load of questions i love that car its insane. gtodrift.com kiddies

Comment

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
        there is always <I>some</I> lag, thats enevitable. its an innovative setup for sure, i've been thinking of some midengine swap setups with routed intercoolers and raditors in the "engine bay" in the front similar to this setup. my only question for the "sts" is why?? why not mount it in the enginebay? if it gets too hot, (which isnt a huge problem anyway) just vent the hood and add some fans, you could even add a sprayer like you would for a TMIC. id save all that extra piping and extra oil system just for a cooler turbo. there is more than enough room in all the cars they offer it for. just seems dumb.
        First off, are you talking about boost threshold or actual lag. I am thinking you are refferring to the first of the two.

And two, not all cars can easily fit a turbo under the head, which is why I am deciding whether I will remotely mount a turbo in my 318is or custom make a manifold so the turbo is up around valve cover height.

Comment

Originally posted by nitroboy24
          First off, are you talking about boost threshold or actual lag. I am thinking you are refferring to the first of the two.

And two, not all cars can easily fit a turbo under the head, which is why I am deciding whether I will remotely mount a turbo in my 318is or custom make a manifold so the turbo is up around valve cover height.
          well both actually. but about the lag, it always takes some time for the turbo to spool up to full boost, it cant just magically be at full boost, even a small turbo on a big engine needs to be wound a little to get up to presure. think about it, it takes time for the exhaust to reach the turbo, then a little more time for the exhaust to get everything spinning inside it, it might not be a long time, but anytime at all is still considered lag.

and about your car, STS doesnt make a kit for your car, i said that of all the cars that STS makes a kit for, none of <I>those</I> cars are lacking in space for a turbo to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by nitroboy24
            RMR had no problem shoving TWO big turbos in the engine bay?

Comment

I think the main reasoning for the kit was the under hood temps they have single and twin turbo kits for the f-bodys and the engine bay is quite smaller than the GTO being that half the motor is under the dash

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                RMR had no problem shoving TWO big turbos in the engine bay?
                Did I specifically say the GTO couldn't fit a turbo under the hood?

And J-blood, by lag I'm talking like no boost until around 3500rpms or one set number. Like you said you can't make full boost right after idle, but as long as you're building some boost you're building horsepower along with it.

Comment

Working...
                X