No announcement yet.

sil-eighty fans, check this out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn zero u beat me to the rice pic hahaha that is one rolling POS. i mean sure it would b good if u lost the crappy paint, body kit, ugly *Censored**Censored**Censored* wheels (imo steelies look better) and that fugly wing we would hav a car that i would drive. if ppl drove that here in LA they would get beat...

Comment

Originally posted by makai
      At that point of time many tuners were making the hybrid by taking the front end of the s13 and the rear end of the 180 sx (or vice versa) to make somthing different.
      Actually, the 180sx owners would crash their front, and Silvia front ends would be cheaper.

Comment

i like the color

Comment

mad disgusting

Comment

i dont believe they HAD to be licensed by the manufacturer in order to be in the game. someone mentioned that you could buy the conversion from east bear....but even then i suppose they didnt get the license. if you do the sort in gt4 by company, the sileighty is the only car that i have found that is simply listed as "other"

Comment

ahhh the wonderful art of modifying...

doesn't appeal to my taste, but to each his own.

Comment

For some reason the front reminds me of an Acura Legend.
                That is a disgusting car, chrome doesnt look good on any car in my opinion.

Comment

Reminds me of a fishing boat.

Comment

AUSSIES

gotta love them

Comment

The SilEighty (pronounced shilla eytee) is a King of drift machines. It started with car accidents, illegal racing and Nissan actually seeing what people were doing. The Nissan Silvia was not realeased over here but is based on the 200sx chassis. The Nissan 180SX is Japans version of the S13 200sx with an SR20DET engine. In Japan, Silvias have three levels of trim (K[ing]'s, Q[ueen]'s, J[ack]'s) K's being the 2.0 Turbo charged SR20DET engines which could making well over 200bhp, Q's being the non-turbo 2.0 liter engines putting out just around 150-170bhp.

When Nissan had several FR turbo powered cars such as the Silvia and the 180SX, 180SX drivers bought them for drifting. However when learning to drift through the touge (Pronounced "Toe-*Censored**Censored**Censored*"), accidents do happen resulting in damaged front ends. The front end parts of Silvias were less expensive than the 180SX with pop up lights, and sharing the same platform the parts bolted on without many complicated steps. Nissan realised this trend, and built a 180sx with a Silvia front end. Literally a SILvia oneEIGHTY. Nissan kept production of the SilEighty low key owing to it's street racing roots and took the press by suprise when it was launched in mid 1994. It is said that just 400 SilEighty's were built.

To separate the SilEighty from the botch jobs made at home Nissan added 24bhp through hotter cams and ecu tweeks. The suspension was modified, resulting in a very hard rear setup to snap oversteer to enable drifting through series of tight turns. The rarity value of a Drift car from the factory, and the Initial D series hightening awareness, ensure the SilEighty carries a premium selling for around the same price as an R32 Skyline GTR.

Another variation on the Silvia platform was the Onevia, with the 180sx front end and Siliva rear

It was produced by nissan.

You find this info...
                      http://www.japmobiles.com/cars/cars_detail.asp?ID=19

Comment

It wasn't too long before Nissan realized what was going on around them, and they realized that: they weren't making any money from all of this! So, plans began to move... it wouldn't be good for Nissan's reputation to have built a car which was inspired by illegal street racing, so they kept production of the Sileighty very low key. And if I'm not mistaken, anywhere from 400-4,000 manufactured Sileighties were every made.

What's the difference between a manufacturer made Sileighty and a homemade Sil-Eighty? Well, first and obviously, the badge on the rear, which normally says "180SX" on a 180SX reads "Sileighty" on the factory manufacturer's car. And in order to entice people to buy the Sileighty, Nissan beefed up the car slightly, to give people notice. Factory manufactured Sileighties have an estimated 24.2 MORE hp, and 3.6 kms of torque. Now you've got a car that's ready to hit the mountains right out of the factory, without any outside tuning or modifications.

Nissan no longer manufactures Sileighties anymore, obviously. An estimated 5,000 180SXs are still built every year. The original manufactured Sileighties, however are hot commodities at car auctions in Japan, for example, one white Sileighty, going for a whopping 2.4 million yen, roughly the same price as the R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R (a car that can kick any of our asses anyday) brand new! On a personal note, I would rather build my own Sil-Eighty out of a 180SX, and Silvia parts. Which I plan on doing before I die.
                        More confirmation...
                        http://totfc.net/tenshi/sileighty.html

Comment

If you really want to know if the sileighty was produced, just search yahoo.

Comment

That "mate" has to be castrated.

Comment

We'll never see that veilside bumper in the US, cause ricers don't like the s13 silvia lights.

Comment

the sil eighty was never manufactured by nissan that info is false

Comment

Working...
                                X