Pics of My Domestic Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of My Domestic Project

Here's pics of my 1999 35th Anniversary Mustang GT that I bought last August:

This was how I got it. Super clean, not a single dent and running like a top....

The very next day after I bought it, we started to play.... Less than 12 hours after delivery we were up at Summit Point, WV for the US Drift event.

By November, we headed out to California where things were starting to get serious.... Inside of 5 weeks, we tested at 3 different track and went to 2 other competitions. Man, ya'll get a lot of seat time out there.....

Then over the Winter we started working on the outside a bit...

And now here is where we're at today....

We're not done yet, but we're getting closer.... The chassis is getting close but at 2900lbs and only 190 RWHP, we gotta do something about that stock Motor...... Are you listening engine builders?......

That's hot.

Comment

Im not a mustang guy but its nice to see something other than 240's and something domestic

looks good man

Comment

Good to see a mustang finally lowered properly on all four.
        Are you guys having any oil starvation problems like the GTO had? What kind of buildup are you thinking? Boosty/supercharged gt are nice

Comment

Originally posted by AiGTs
          That's hot.
          Originally posted by kairles
          I’m not a mustang guy but its nice to see something other than 240's and something domestic. Looks good man
          Thanks for the "props".... Ya'know it's funny, I originally was looking at the 240's (for all the obvious good reasons), then I started thinking domestic (cause I am one) and I thought Chevy because everyone knows they're less expensive to build (I still don't know why that's fare) and then we settled on the Mustang.... It's been (and still is) an up hill battle being that everything is coming out of my pocket, but it has been fun..... The car's really starting to come around.... We're just REALLY soft in the motor dept. As of now we're at 3000lbs. and only have 190RWHP out of our stock 4.6L V8....

Originally posted by TeckniX
          Good to see a mustang finally lowered properly on all four.
          Are you guys having any oil starvation problems like the GTO had? What kind of buildup are you thinking? Boost/supercharged gt are nice
          Thanks..... No oil issues that I’ve seen yet. Have noticed you need to keep the water reservoir filled right to the top or you get a “low fluid” light…. As far as the motor goes….. I’ve pretty much used up my funds getting it to this point…. I’ve got some pretty good ideas of what would be good but it’s going to take some help from a motor builder/manufacturer/financial contributor to do it…. I’m working on that too…

Comment

Im not a pony guy, but it looks really nice(they look better w/o the spoiler,cleaner).3000lbs., is it gutted?

Comment

Man I must say props for taking on this project! Looks great so far cant wait to see how far you take a mustang to be a great drift machine!

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH
                Man I must say props for taking on this project! Looks great so far cant wait to see how far you take a mustang to be a great drift machine!
                Thanks, I think it'll be good in the end. The good news is there's a ton of "aftermarket/handling" parts available for Mustangs if you know where to look. Problem is the perception is they're just Drag Cars, so we're just learning as we go (this is my first Mustang) and seeing what bits (drag or roadrace) we can apply to what we want the car to do. Drifting a Mustang is uncharted waters though......

Originally posted by CrazyBadger
                Im not a pony guy, but it looks really nice(they look better w/o the spoiler,cleaner).3000lbs., is it gutted?
                It's pretty empty in there. I've have found some carbon body parts but right now they're not in the "budget". Thing to remember, American cars are stupid-heavy. This car started out at 3300 and the new 05's are 250lbs. more than that..... However as Gushi & JR are proving, if you have the proper $budget$, plenty of power (both their cars are "blown") and drive the living wheels off of them, you can do well.... Like most people I think would say, I think we'd be right there with the top cars if we could just find some financial backing....
                Thanks,
                DV

Comment

I'm nothing close to a ford fan, but very nice very nice man!

Comment

Talk about doing things the right way... Sweet car, great job.

Comment

Originally posted by drift240
                      Talk about doing things the right way... Sweet car, great job.
                      Originally posted by Nismo89
                      I'm nothing close to a ford fan, but very nice very nice man!
                      I gotta say, that's one thing I like about people in our sport; people give praise and appreciate the effort of the work, not being so over concerned by what the work is done to.....
                      Thanks Ya'll.....

Comment

a tear of happyness came to my eye. such a good job!

too bad i can no longer afford insurance on a mustang

but very pimp car, how many motor mods do you have, and how do you plan to loose all the wieght?

Comment

As of now we're at 3000lbs. and only have 190RWHP out of our stock 4.6L V8....
                          Well I only had like 130rwhp (based on others dynos I have never dynoed it probly less since it wasnt running real good) in my S12 and it weighed 3000+lbs I had blown front suspension and an open diff the only real mod I had was good tires in the front and an exedy stage1 clutch and I placed 5th out of 10 in my first competion I beat out many people in modified 240sx's with LSD's and a couple of SR20DET powered cars with LSD's a CA18DET powered car with a LSD

So anythings possible just work with what you got till you can improve it

Comment

Originally posted by Piner
                            So anythings possible just work with what you got till you can improve it
                            Unfortunately, we are faced with doing just that for now.... Thanks for the encouragement....

Originally posted by zdss14
                            a tear of happyness came to my eye. such a good job!
                            very pimp car, how many motor mods do you have, and how do you plan to loose all the wieght?
                            Right now the only things we've been able to do to the motor is add a pair of JBA mid-length Headers, a QuarterMaster Clutch/Flywheel, BBK Cold Intake and a Tuned Super-Chip. As far as weight goes, I know where I can get a Carbon Hood & Trunk but because they are real good quality they're very expensive. The Interior is pretty well gutted and we've replace the Glass with Lexan..... To be honest, I'm not sure how much more we can get out without softening up the chassis structure.... As Gushi, Millen, Sam & JR have all proven, the weight is manageable with enough HP.... Just like the A86's, it's all about power to weight ratio..... and right now we're not so good....

Comment

Its looking great!! Nice job!! If lack of power is an issue maybe think about changing the rear tire to a smaller contact patch? My overweight Camaro probably puts down less RWHP than that and I've found 215-225 wide rear tires to be really fun, 235's maybe 245's if you need higher speeds. Changing your contact patch wont solve the problem (overall lower speeds) but it will make it more manageable until you can get a little more power.

Comment

Working...
                              X