No announcement yet.

dumbass drifting accident vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont want to sound like a hater but that guy was way too crappy to be getting out of the car and showboating. I feel sorry for him, but on the other hand he did it to himself by turning his back to the car (with a full coverage helmet no less).

Comment

Yeah...that was my main beef with the video. I hope he lived, but damn...that was dumb.

Comment

not working for me

Comment

You didnt miss much. Basically some guy that couldnt drift very well decided to get out and walk around while the car was doing low speed donuts with the throttle stuck, he turns his back to the car as it goes around, it catches his shoe or something under one of the front tires and he falls down in front of the car. The car keeps going and he gets run over by his own car, gets pinned under the front crossmember causing the car to stop moving (but tires still smoking), and people have to release the throttle and push the car off him. Event coordinators should have stopped that one IMO, but I understand its impossible to keep your eyes on everything at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
            You didnt miss much. Basically some guy that couldnt drift very well decided to get out and walk around while the car was doing low speed donuts with the throttle stuck, he turns his back to the car as it goes around, it catches his shoe or something under one of the front tires and he falls down in front of the car. The car keeps going and he gets run over by his own car, gets pinned under the front crossmember causing the car to stop moving (but tires still smoking), and people have to release the throttle and push the car off him. Event coordinators should have stopped that one IMO, but I understand its impossible to keep your eyes on everything at all times.
            holy crap, I didn't even watch the video and I still feel bad for this idiot that got ran....well..ran himself over. Wait. He ran HIMSELF over?
            The grief level for this guy is pretty low

Comment

All you guys need to get your facts right, before calling the driver an idiot !

Really sad to read your comment !

You want the facts as i know them or what ?

Comment

Originally posted by KristianAE86
                All you guys need to get your facts right, before calling the driver an idiot !

Really sad to read your comment !

You want the facts as i know them or what ?
                IMO, he should NEVER have gotten out of the car while letting his car essentially drive on it's own.

Comment

Let's here the facts?

This is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen someone do with a car. IMO he should brush up on his drifting skills before trying such a maneuver?

Comment

Still waiting to hear about the facts of this incident....

Comment

This was filmed i february/March of this year at some TOYO drift competition in Italy.

The guy in the accident is an italian stuntman who makes a big & unfortunate misstake during the half-time stuntshow -

It has nothing to do with drifting i might add.

A friend of mine was on location when this happened & this is where the information is coming from.

The misstake he makes is NOT locking up the left front wheel befor getting out of the car.

If he had done so, the car would have been doing constant circles - & not like the ones it did now, irregular circles (spelling)
                      Then it wouldīve been easier for him to safely stand by the car as itīs donut-ing.

He also makes a mistake by taking his eyes away from the front left tire - which is what causes the entire accident from the start.

Kris

Comment

Maybe as a rule, no one should be allowed to exit a moving vehicle at a drifting event.

That'll prevent people from getting run over...and vehicles driving aimlessly under their own power.

Comment

Yeah that should be a rule

Comment

Good thing we waited for those facts. Prolly already figured all that on my own by watching the vid. Great job TOYO for offering good, safe events for these amatuers to attend.

Comment

That guy died BTW.

Comment

Did he really die?

Comment

Working...
                                X