Looking for D1 BMW pics (top secret?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for D1 BMW pics (top secret?)

Does anyone know where I can find pcitures of the D1 BMW? I believe it was built by Top Secret?

Thanks!
    Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

someone posted a pic of it before, heres one for now, lets see if i can find more:

i heard dominik scwager (sp?) drives it, he is the a driver for the advan supra in gt500 alogn with orido

Comment

another

apparently its not officially a top secret car (because it is a european car) but it is tuned by smoky nagata. it was in TAS 2k5 at the top secret booth.

Comment

I have been investigating this too Ryan (we have a 98 that was in a minor wreck thats been sitting at the shop for too long ). About all i can find out is that the guy who owns it knows some D1 drivers and wanted to give it a try. The car is tuned by Smoky and it runs an HKS mangement system (cant find out exactly what kind yet). Ill post up anything else i find out.

Comment

it runs on a standalone hks f-con vpro. almost all the japanese bignames use that system now, i wonder how it compares to the likes of autronic or haltech.

Comment

I havnt been able to find anthing about an F con V Pro for S50/52. They could just be using the universal one i guess.

Comment

Does anyone know the specs on this car and in what d1 event did it participate? Did it ever appear in any option video?

Comment

Originally posted by The Professor
                yah our old mechanic was telling me there was a HKS Fcon V pro harness for BMW.
                *shrugs* i guess thats what they used.

Comment

ryan, you gonna run a bmw for FD next year?

Comment

i posted the first pic...
                    here's what oki drifter said about the e36

a E36 M3 w/Blitz Turbine= about 500hp
                    the Driver: Dominick Shwagger won the ORC All Star Drift Dream Match a the Ebisu West Course on July 9th
                    got all this from the Sept. Drift Tengoku

seen like the only info i know of...

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!

I am not running a bimmer next year, I just thought it was cool that somone built a true competition BMW. That thing looks awsome! Bad A$$ body kit DTM style. I am still running the Camaro for 2006. Who knows whats going on for 07'..... Stay tuned.

Thank you,
                      Last edited by RyanHampton; 12-20-2005, 08:18 PM.
                      Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

That's pretty cool. I've been wondering how long it'd take someone to drift a BMW. Since they're known for great handling and feel you'd think you'd see more of 'em out there.

Comment

lots of bmw drifters in europe...maybe one of them bmw nuts should get over here

Comment

It would be cool seeing some BMWs in the US Drifting seen....as the E36's get cheaper and cheaper, I forsee a few of them coming to the seen..but with the lack of a vast array of BMW parts support for drifting its going to be slow...

Comment

my e36 is being track prepped, after I race my e30 a couple of times

Comment

Working...
                              X