• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea at least he installed it HIMSELF...most kiddies out there
    would PAY for a install.

I say good job man!!!

Comment

N/A SR, is different and seems pretty cool to me. ITB's will look nice!

Comment

The itb kit isnt too terribly priced, stand alone and this kit would make decent power
        http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_...roducts_id=120
        and then they have a turbo manifold that bolts to the itbs if you decide to go turbo later.

Comment

Who pays people for installs, whats the fun in that. The fun of modifying cars, is doing it yourself.

I've seen those ITB's before, thats definitly an option, along with jensen i believe? I forget the name of the other company. The ability to use Bosch injectors is nice too, there cheap compared to sr20det sidefeeds ugh.

Comment

looks like youve got some good plans man, ITB's sound amazing too. Any idea what stand alone your going to use?

Comment

Im leaning towards the haltech. A fellow I know is running ITB's with it, with great results. The key being to make sure theres equalized vacuum between all cylinders for idle quality.

Comment

needing assistance with KA24 to SR20de swap

My son and I are in the middle of the swap. The KA harness works but the throttle position sensor clip is not the same on the SR engine. Can you tell me how you took care of this problem? Needing assistance. Any help is appreciated.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by rmusi View Post
                  My son and I are in the middle of the swap. The KA harness works but the throttle position sensor clip is not the same on the SR engine. Can you tell me how you took care of this problem? Needing assistance. Any help is appreciated.

Robert
                  S13 to S13?
                  http://store.driftingshop.com/srswdvdbyrsh.html

Comment

s13 to s13?

As I am a little confused and a rookie with Nissans, the ka24e to sr 20 swap, will this DVD cover this or is there something on the web I can look at?

Comment

Im glad you did this swap I also am looking into doing this swap into my 90 240sx to replace my tired ka24e (240k original motor) So I have a question for you... I can get a 93 Infini G20 sr20de for $200 and I wanted to ask you if its possible to mate the jdm rwd 5-speed tranny to the fwd sr20de usdm motor? I would like to use the usdm motor because its a legal swap in my state and Ill have all the us emissions componts and I too like the idea of having a high reving na motor in my car.

Comment

Why not just go with the sr20det? Lol stock turbo I just wudnt go with the hassle of swaping to na sr I'd rather stay with the ka I wuda just gone with the det n been done with it but that's just me. That's like people swapping from kae's to de's id just swap to sr20det or an rb why kill time swapping to a motor with 10 more hp n slighty wider powerband :/ unless ur a ka fan that has boost plans.

Comment

Wellll unless u have emissions, a bad ka n short on cash then the na sr makes sense that's a good point. I love my state no emissions ppl swap engines and gut cats all over the place there are 2 240sx's with the ole DET in my town :P bov vented to atmosphere cops don't care.

Comment

ya your lucky...sr20det and rb swaps are illegal here in my state and I havent found a single dohc ka to replace my single cam for over 6 months now. I just think the sr20 would be the way to go because they are all over the place here for cheap, good parts availability, and its a 100% legal swap. Also I like the idea of having a high reving n/a over my sohc slow truck motor any day.

Comment

Oh yea for sure if I was u I'd rather take an sr20de instead of that ka24e those things are known for weak timing chains unlike the DE I'd rather have a good na sr to get me where I'm goin n be reliable

Comment

Working...
                              X