No announcement yet.

My Z, finally RB25 power. Yay photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually agree with Al I think the RB25 is bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* but the front end is horrid looking.

Im sorry but thats my opinion

Comment

Actually I agree, I hated the front end when I got it.

As for AI, he's still pissed that I called him a kid on another thread.

AI what are you gonna do to him if he doesn't shut up? You gonna send him and internet punch to the face? Get real man. If you don't like my car, i'm fine with that but to go all E-thug on someone because he thinks you are a crappy driver and can't keep from wrecking a car is just plain childish.

So once again, Kids are pissT in here.

Comment

why do you keep calling him ai?

Comment

Not really sure. I guess its the fact that everytime he says something that i've seen, he's trying to dis on someone. A$$hole International.

See in the last thread he was an idiot in, he was specifically asked his opinion. I don't remember asking it in my thread but he interjected anyway. Besides, he doesn't give his opinion like an adult, he just puts something down like a child.

Then when someone dishes it back at him, he can't take it and E-thugs out on em. Pretty good stuff.
          Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 11-22-2006, 08:00 PM.

Comment

looks the business dude.. i love the whole car.... cept the nose. i know youre probably on a limited budget, but cant you do somthing different with the front? she could be absolutely beautiful with the rim combo toycoma mentioned and a different frontend. the rear of the car looks friggen bonerific. do u even have any other options for the nose? we need to think up somthing to do to freshn up that frontend. to the e-thugs: give some f***ing constructive criticism.

Comment

wow

Flaming is cool.
              Seriously grow up please?

When you post pictures of a car on a forum you're going to hear opinions on that car, thats why you posted it, for feedback.

People are either gonna like it or not, thats their opinion, & when you put it on an open forum, you're gonna hear both, but dont get offended when somebody stops short of sucking you off.

On the other hand, if you dont like something, state your opinions & leave it at that. Feedback is feedback, but personal attacks here are bull$hit. Anyone can have balls on the internet, But i'll be damned if i've ever seen anyone back it up.

back to the topic at hand

as a Z owner (I've owned 4) I can appreciate the work that went into this swap
              (& if i recall correctly, a few other motors that were swapped in before)
              RB series Zs can definately be monsters.

but that front end is not attractive in the least as i see it.

whatever though, if it handles & you like it, go with it.

Comment

The front end has always been a sore spot. But the pain it would take to change it would be astronomical. The entire car is in steel. There is no fiberglass anywhere on it. The flares, the nose, the tail, everything is steel. Its a one off, no kit build some guy did in the late 70's. So while I would love to change the nose, believe me, short of tearing the entire front off of the car, redoing the flares somehow and replacing all of it, i'm kinda stuck. It would be easier to swap the motor into another chassis and frankly, now that i've owned it for 4+ years, the front end doesn't bother me much anymore.

I personally don't mind contstructive criticism, stimulates growth. But slandering, E-thugging with his little gun emote like some West Side John Wayne and trying to intimidate someone over the "Intranet" just makes people laugh.
                Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 11-23-2006, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
                  The front end has always been a sore spot. But the pain it would take to change it would be astronomical. The entire car is in steel. There is no fiberglass anywhere on it. The flares, the nose, the tail, everything is steel. Its a one off, no kit build some guy did in the late 70's. So while I would love to change the nose, believe me, short of tearing the entire front off of the car, redoing the flares somehow and replacing all of it, i'm kinda stuck. It would be easier to swap the motor into another chassis and frankly, now that i've owned it for 4+ years, the front end doesn't bother me much anymore.

I personally don't mind contstructive criticism, stimulates growth. But slandering, E-thugging with his little gun emote like some West Side John Wayne and trying to intimidate someone over the "Intranet" just makes people laugh.
                  Now, to swap an RB into an S30 you need Z31 mounts? Am I getting that correctly? Again, I'm really interested in some day doing a Z+RB project.

BTW, thanks for the support. At least I manned-up enough to apologize. Maybe I was a little outta line. But I can appreciate that the dude's probably a little extra pissed lately. I've got a sneaking suspicion T3 dumped him.
                  Last edited by GaijinSmash; 11-23-2006, 10:22 AM.

Comment

are you going to leave it white? if youre painting it a different color, i'd go for an absorbant color... like black. then black 17s and 18s with stainless lip... MMmmmmm. then install a billet horizontal grille in the front opening. tint the windows. youve got all the hard stuff done m8, now its time to save some dinero and give her some finishing touches

Comment

is ahead of the core support modified?

cuz if its just sheet metal you should be able to unbolt the fenders, brace them together & use a cherry picker to lift the whole front end off

that is if its not welded to the actual fron ent supports.

once you got it off, it'd just be a matter of finding new fenders, hood, & hinges.

but then again i havent seen it up close & you know what happens when you assume...

Comment

& rebuilding flares isn't all that hard if you do replace the front

bend some small diameter steel bar around a 50 gal. barrel, bend the ends in & weld 'em to the fenders, brace the middle, & weld in like 4 inch sections of sheet metal (that way, if they're damage or rust, smaller sections are easier to replace)

thats the way we did my dad's 260 & it turned out pretty sweet.

& also, theres always the steel IMSA flares MSA sells.

Comment

Actually my brother at Top Hat Perfomance fabbed the mounts together. We used that car as a mock up for his new mount kits to put RB's in Zs. It took a different oil pan and mounts to get it to go down in there. He has all that stuff in the kit for about the same price as most others mount kits.

As for the front end, i'm just too lazy at this point to do much with it. I do agree, I have never really fell for the front end. I've though of modifying it here and there and will have to cut some of it out for the frount mount set up. The whole front end is one piece though so unbolting it and lifting it off wont be hard to do. I'm just too lazy to try and make the other flares. I might check out those IMSA flares you mentioned though. They sound like they might be just what I need.

Thanks for all the info, I will probably contact you through PMs about things if you dont mind.

As for you going overboard, I don't think you did. A shot if someones own medicine is good for the sould every now and again. Maybe he was having a bad day, who knows. I'm sure he's a cool guy in real life. The internet just does craaaaazy things to people.

Comment

well since replacing/removing the front end is out of the question (and I don't blame you at all!), perhaps adding a element to the front that will make the nose not so protrusive such as a lip. ??? An absorbant color could be benefiicial as well.
                            $.02

Never the less.... Other than the nose looking like a hammer head shark... looks good. I can't wait to hear and see that beast in person, especially with the new wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
                              As for you going overboard, I don't think you did. A shot if someones own medicine is good for the sould every now and again. Maybe he was having a bad day, who knows. I'm sure he's a cool guy in real life. The internet just does craaaaazy things to people.
                              Anonymity is addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoad Racing View Post
                                well since replacing/removing the front end is out of the question (and I don't blame you at all!), perhaps adding a element to the front that will make the nose not so protrusive such as a lip. ??? An absorbant color could be benefiicial as well.
                                $.02

Never the less.... Other than the nose looking like a hammer head shark... looks good. I can't wait to hear and see that beast in person, especially with the new wheels.
                                I agree Rhoadio, a lip might just help that Catfish look. Just got to make one.

Flat black I like but every swinging *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* from here to Hell has a flat black car. I was thinking something else, maybe a dark grey. I dunno, i'll probably do it in flat black just for the sake of ease.

Heard the Pro-am went off well, grats brother. Also heard Doug was tearing it up. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Comment

Working...
                                X