No announcement yet.

My Z, finally RB25 power. Yay photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Ghost of Duluth;195189]Got my car back 2 days ago. My brother at Top Hat and his crew hooked it up for me. Got some other stuff to do, R200 diff still sitting in the storage unit, front mount being designed since the hood mechanism is in the way of piping and some new wider rear wheels but for the winter i'm stoked.

QUOTE]
    NOT BEING A SMARTASS but;

Why did you mount the cooler behind the radiator? surely moving the rad back and putting the cooler in front would not have been all that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
      I agree Rhoadio, a lip might just help that Catfish look. Just got to make one.

Flat black I like but every swinging *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* from here to Hell has a flat black car. I was thinking something else, maybe a dark grey. I dunno, i'll probably do it in flat black just for the sake of ease.

Heard the Pro-am went off well, grats brother. Also heard Doug was tearing it up. Glad to hear you are doing well.
      true... I like the idea of dark grey as well. Perhaps the color of the Ti Fighter 240; love that color.

Thank you, sir The event went really well and Doug was absolutely killing it. Im eager to see what how he does next season.

Comment

just paint it black and it will tone it all down

Comment

I think it would look killer in sort of a kustom car "suede" green, and then you could put black around the lights and grill. I agree on the lip idea also.
          I like front end, but I'm an odd dude.

Comment

I think it looks unique
            looks like a chimara(sp), pretty cool!
            -randy

Comment

I dont think the front is particularly attractive but who cares. The car is all man, its like a kid that was raised by wolves and than put into society after 18 years, even though hes more civilized cause of people, he still eats caribou with his bare hands. The car looks nice as hell like it is and the fact that its steel just makes it even more of a beast. Congrats on the beast!

Comment

Flat black I like but every swinging *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* from here to Hell has a flat black car.
                cant argue there.

i have a flat black 78 280z. haha
                looks nice with black enkies though!

Comment

RB powered S30...freakin awesome Ghost!!
                  Was there much custom fab invovled? tranny mounts,driveshaft,etc..

Comment

Thanks guys.

Fab work wasn't all that bad. Motor mounts, trans crossmember and an oil pan swap were about the hardest thing. Exhaust is a little tricky since there is no room to run it to the back of the car. Mine just dumps out under the car at the present time (Long live Georgia Emissions laws) with no muffler. I ordered an ARCA style small muffler yesterday so i'll put that on there. Outside the car is not that bad, inside it's brutal. But with the short exhaust the turbo sounds nasty.

The only other part was the wiring and since the car already had all teh factory wiring removed and a Painless harness installed it was pretty easy to wire up from what I hear.

My brother (TopHat Performance) makes a kit to install it. Comes with the mounts, cross member and the oil pan. Its not bad considering its the price of most mount kits and comes with the oil pan.

Thanks go out to
                    www.tophatperformance.com
                    www.hybridz.org.

*edit. Yea the driveshaft had to be made....twice since they put the wrong flange ont eh first one. But it wasn't bad, $325.00 I think it was and that was a new one, they didn't cut and splice the old one.
                    Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 11-25-2006, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron View Post
                      I think it would look killer in sort of a kustom car "suede" green, and then you could put black around the lights and grill. I agree on the lip idea also.
                      I like front end, but I'm an odd dude.
                      I wanted to cover it in faux Tiger fur honestly. But thats just me.

Comment

I wanted to cover it in faux Tiger fur honestly. But thats just me.
                        faux is for *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored*, ALWAYS use real animal.

Comment

faux is for *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored*, ALWAYS use real animal.

agreed.

man law. haha

Comment

I got a real cowskin rug but past that im screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by dori ninja View Post
                              agreed.

man law. haha
                              rofl man law

Comment

I got a real cowskin rug but past that im screwed.
                                pssh, not even endangered

Comment

Working...
                                X