No announcement yet.

Fox Body Mustang Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What changes were made from the first to second vid? Have you had the LCAs made yet?

Comment

Between the two track events the only differences were the rear spring rate and the switch from moldy junkyard tires to somewhat newer (but still used) tires.

http://youtube.com/driftlive

Episode 3 was when we installed the new spring rate which made a significant effect on the handling in drift.

Comment

Love the stang David.

Comment

Originally posted by d3p0 View Post
          Between the two track events the only differences were the rear spring rate and the switch from moldy junkyard tires to somewhat newer (but still used) tires.

http://youtube.com/driftlive

Episode 3 was when we installed the new spring rate which made a significant effect on the handling in drift.
          And by rear spring we mean front, the rear rates still need to be stepped up a bit.

Steering angle and lower ride height are on the way soon!!

Comment

Still badass for mostly stock.

Comment

btw, how come you guys dont have subframe connectors welded up? I didnt see any in the video, those make a night and day difference in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars View Post
                btw, how come you guys dont have subframe connectors welded up? I didnt see any in the video, those make a night and day difference in the car.
                x2.... they made a huge difference in our car.....

Comment

We are going to do through the floor subframes, but not until after we get a cage in the car.

Comment

DV19,

it is my understanding that you run the racecraft spindle setup. How have those worked for you?

Comment

Originally posted by GBC View Post
                      DV19,
                      it is my understanding that you run the racecraft spindle setup. How have those worked for you?
                      No, we run stock Mustang spindles that we have modified ourselves...
                      I know that they have started to make some for roadracing applications that a few guys are R&Ding for them.... From what I've heard, they are nice pieces that appear to be strong enough for the task...

Comment

This very cool, it's like a full build thread.
                        Can't wait to see more!
                        I wish we had this kind of traffic at Domestic Drifting.

Comment

Originally posted by DV19 View Post
                          No, we run stock Mustang spindles that we have modified ourselves...
                          I know that they have started to make some for roadracing applications that a few guys are R&Ding for them.... From what I've heard, they are nice pieces that appear to be strong enough for the task...

if you dont mind me asking, what do you guys modify on them?

Comment

jerm-
                            generally if you shorten the distance by cutting and welding from where the tie rod end mounts to the spindle will yield a faster turn and more angle.

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86 View Post
                              jerm-
                              generally if you shorten the distance by cutting and welding from where the tie rod end mounts to the spindle will yield a faster turn and more angle.
                              Ive seen other ppl do that, but looking at sn95 spindes its rather impossbile cause if it foes any further out its just hitting the rotor

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86 View Post
                                jerm-
                                Unlike a 240 a mustang is a front steer design with lower A-arms. The limiting factor in steering angle is not steering rack travel, it is caliper to control arm and wheel to control arm interfearance. This can only really be resolved with a custom lower control arm.

Once the rack become the limiter removing the rack spacers, and modifying the inner tie-rods is your next step.

Only once you have done both of those should you have to modify the spindle/steer-arm.

We are changing spindles in order to lower our car more, they will not add any steering angle.

Comment

Working...
                                X