ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMALL BLOCK CHEVY 240SX BUILD (400 Cubic Inch/Carbed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any value in some soups?

I create a uncut knot of soups that check out terrific, and can be made in big batches and frozen.
    Is there any interest?

Comment

why is this thread getting spammed so much

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86 View Post
        why is this thread getting spammed so much
        PM a mod yet? This has become rather annoying.

Also any updates?

Comment

its cause you have a very large penis

Comment

Yah it is!

The motor and trans are at Mckinney Motorsports. They will start fabbing mounts on Wednesday. I will have updates then

Comment

awesome! Is there that big of a weight difference even with the aluminum heads?

Comment

125-150 lb more then a KA

Comment

Penis popper, almost done with yo rat rod?

Comment

Mckinney Motorsports was nice enough to find another small block to mock up with to keep mine as clean as possible. They started by modifying the pan to clear the cross member. About a 2x2 inch box had to be sectioned out of the back of the pan that I bought to allow for cross member clearance. Other than that, the whole center and rear part of the pan works perfect. As you can see, there is plenty of sway bar clearance. Some mild hammering in the tunnel allowed for the bell housing to fit and the motor sits back as far as possible without the distributor hitting.

The one problem they ran into was the size of the transmission. The TKO 600 is great that it uses a Muncie 4 speed transmission case for a 5 speed configuration; the bad part being that the actual transmission is shorter and sets the shifter about 4" further forward then the normal whole centerline, or about 1.5 inches completely out of the hole. There will be a shifter handle (as there is a million configurations) that will bend back further, though the shifter will come up in an unnatural location.

Using a T5 or T56 traditional 5-6 speed transmission will put the shifter in the stock location due to it's added length. Additionally, due to the tight tunnel clearances, it will require a hydraulic clutch release bearing for correct operation.

As you can see, the headers are going to be fun. Hooker was kind enough to send over 3 sets of their tightest fitting headers in search for a set that will require minimal modification. Also a remote oil filter may be used for added clearance for the headers

Comment

Back from PRI and the mockup small block is sitting on it's own in the engine bay at Mckinney Motorsports. They might triangulate another mounting location for the block to cross member bracket. The transmission mount was a direct bolt on from another mount kit. Since the TKO 600 case is shorter than a traditional 5 speed, hence the cut back for the shifter. They are also going to mock up a T5 transmission and a few autos.

Headers on the passenger side will work fine, the drivers side just needs the bottom area where the flange is mounted to slightly clocked towards the left, giving room to run the pipes on the frame rail side of the steering shaft. Need to get a brake booster in there to check clearance on that back header tube, may need to be clocked or might be fine with just a heat shield.

Comment

I see your chassis is rivited I remember back in the day everyone would talk about the pro's and con's. What made you decide to go that route and what rivits did you end up using?

Thanks .. looks different. I love 240s and I love rat rods. This could either kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* or suck *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Comment

its a mock up engine bay, not a car yet

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86 View Post
                            its a mock up engine bay, not a car yet
                            Is it your car or is it just all mock ups to later be transferred to your car?

Comment

dont understand what your saying

mckinney has a mock up engine bay, thats where the R&D is happening.

Once the R&D is done, then Ill be putting my engine in my S13 with their mounting system

Comment

modified pan, making a front sump pickup work on a rear sump oil pump, engine waiting for final mockup

Comment

Working...
                                X