ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMALL BLOCK CHEVY 240SX BUILD (400 Cubic Inch/Carbed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markshatchi86 View Post
    dont understand what your saying

mckinney has a mock up engine bay, thats where the R&D is happening.

Once the R&D is done, then Ill be putting my engine in my S13 with their mounting system
    You liar! You really understood and answered my question.

Comment

haha

523 on motor, 702 on nitrous, only 10:1 compression, makes power to 6400, probably a 7000 RPM limiter. Makes 418 FT/TQ by 2500 RPM

Comment

Here is a mockup of the final engine mounts. This is how they will come, but painted of course. Mckinney has also been working on a powerglide transmission mount which is now done. Additionally, they will work on T-56, T5, and Turbo type transmissions. For now, they support the glide, TKO series, muncie, and saganaw based transmissions.

They will be working on finishing up the headers this week and hopefully have the pan and pick up tube finished next week. The pan will need to be modified in the back to support a rear sump style pump, since the pan was originally designed for front sump pumps that are shorter. There is plenty of room in the back to drop the sheet metal of the pan down.

Comment

Nice work on the engine and the idea, hot man. I was wondering, how much is McKinney chargeing you for the custom motor mounts, and the cross member bracket, the whole custom fabrication?

Comment

crossmember is 100% stock and requires no modification, you can even run the stock sway bar.

The mount kit for the engine and trans costs $350, cheap.

Comment

Woah $350? Thats it!? Thats a deal, I would think to get suspension that holds a little more on the front with bigger engine you would have to move the front suspension mounts. But dude that is hell of a deal, were is it located?

Comment

www.mckinneymotorsports.com

Comment

admire the work, however it seems like you are scared to work on an EFI engine, and how come you dont make your own engine mounts? Its now hard, just use hockey pucks

I am jelious, my built KA-t will have a fraction of that power, but i take pride in learning engine managment systems and building my own wire harness.

Comment

I don't mind working on EFI cars at all and have done it for years, use to sell megasquirt harnesses with EDIS mods to 20v people back in the day. I even had a guy from England fly me there just to do an H22a/Accord swap in 2002.

Mckinney wanted to develop a mount kit, so less work I have to worry about.

Plus, i really don't have spare time to do anything. Hell, it took me 5 months to do 3/4 of an nitrous install on my Z

I will pull the old engine, weld all the holes in the engine bay, smooth, paint, and install, wire the engine myself.
                    Last edited by markshatchi86; 01-07-2009, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Nearing the end of all the parts needed to get the engine in results in the near completion of the oil pan and pickup tube. The current pickup tube uses an OEM style screen and tube, some custom bent tubing, and then the press fitting for the oil pump. The tube is secured onto a man cap bolt.

The oil pan needed the back of the pan extended since this pan is originally designed for front sump oil pumps, which are very limited. The traditional rear sump pump was used and results in a taller profile. Some finish work on the metal and it will be ready for sealing up.

Comment

that's looking very nice - fun project

Comment

Did you make the Oil Pan taller and made the middle peice dip in so you could get steering clearence?

Comment

Originally posted by z28evans View Post
                            that's looking very nice - fun project
                            Long time no see!

Comment

Originally posted by cheesy586 View Post
                              Did you make the Oil Pan taller and made the middle peice dip in so you could get steering clearence?
                              the middle section of the pan fit fine the way it came,the front sump area had to be shortened some because it was interfering with the cross member and the rear area had to be dropped lower for the RWD style oil pump to clear

Comment

So with the new chevy small block in and new motor mounts you think the Tremec TKO-600 trany is going to need a custom fabricated trans mount or will it sit on the stock mounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X