No announcement yet.

My RC drifter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i used a dremel but i tend to not cut straight lol..and i didnt have a tape measurer so i used tape...and it turned out like *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*...oh and duct tape doesnt rip while driving...but its not that slick

Comment

Ive got an associated ntc3 that's really fun to slide around as long as our street is wet. It has too much power for electrical tape and is like 95% out of my control, so pvc would be nuts. I can hold some pretty nice slides with wet tires and pavement. As a matter of fact Ive got some footage on my video camera, but we just got a new processor for our computer so Ive yet to experiment with their movie editor. Hopefully I can post some videos of it

Comment

I got pix of my car but im too lazy to host it up

Comment

thanks for the info what is the web site for a hpi dash im not realy whanting to race much, but on for playing around with would be cool

Comment

HPI dash is the same as radio shack crap, dont get it

check out www.hpiracing.com or www.towerhobbies.com

Comment

Don't get the Dash. It's a piece of shibby! It's totally Radio Shack style. You can't even change out the internals if something breaks. A step up from that would be the sprint. It's ready to run and cost around 210.

Comment

I run a Kyosho alpha mk I. Fully drift tuned

Comment

Hey some RC'ers! I've been in RC a while. I've had a TC3 for 2 1/2 years now. I tried 2wd for a bit. It's pretty tough to get it going fast. I've got some snow drifting with it. I don't know if I have anything uploaded.

Some specs:
                  TC3 Racer kit
                  TC3 Rally kit
                  Lehner Basic series 4200 brushless motor
                  Lehner 1870 ESC
                  Custom 10 cell pack, 3000mah Saft
                  HPI Porsche GT3 body
                  HPI 5 spoke tires
                  HPI radial medium compound tires
                  Futaba S3003 steering servo
                  Futaba reciever
                  Futaba 2PC radio

I've played a little with the suspension, but I never really knew how to set it up. It's ok, but I don't race it, just bash. I've got some pics online...er maybe not. Looks like I need to find a new host... Anyways, I even jacked it up to make a little baja truck, lol, not a bad off-roader.

Comment

do u put electric tape on all four wheels or just the back?

Comment

Tape up all fours. For any of you RC drifters, please join the RC Drift community.

CLICK HERE AND GO TO FORUMS

Comment

does electric tape slide better than duct? and does it hold up? i just bought some a few 5 hours ago at the px but didnt wanna take my duct tape off until i found an answer...4WD for life...anyone know anything about the TT-01 chassis? like upgrades or whatever? i heard that i need to buy a seperate ecu from the receiver or whatever to increase the speed...im lookin to go nitro after i cough up 25,000 yen..or maybe..OFFROAD..thatd be sweet as hell...im gonna go buy a new body just in case i slam the nsx in a wall...do the body kits come with a new ecu and such? i dont have any stores near me..but ive seen a "little garage" on route 16 but i dont know anything else besides that...

edit: ok when i say ecu i mean C.P.R speed controller lol...sorry...a little too much bad beef at outback

Comment

The ecu is just a set of batteries to purely run the steering. This gives motor full power from the battery pack. You get a small increase in runtime due to more batteries, but you gain a little weight as well. Tradeoffs...

Upgrades? Haven't looked. You have the basic suspesion work, springs, shocks, etc. Wheels and tires are universal. TT-01 specific upgrades? I'd have to look. I'm sure there's some annodized aluminum stuff you can get for it and maybe one way diffs, little things. The design is very similar to my TC3, center driveshft, battery tray on one side, motor parallel with driveshaft. I'm just not sure about durability. I can tell you from experience that that TC3 is one tough touring car. I've crashed it and rolled it many times. I have yet to break anything on it. I'm even running brushless(about 1hp) and the drivetrain is suprisingly strong for something with no slipper clutch. For the TT-01, you'll probably want to get bearings all around. It looks like it comes with bushings stock, don't quote me though.

The bodies last a while. Slamming it into a wall(or parked car, hehe) at 30mph won't do much. I've had good experience with Pro-line and HPI bodies durability wise. I like the Tamiya bodies for realism and detail, but I have yet to buy one. Once my Porsche body wears out, I'll get myself a rally body from Tamiya, just not sure which car I want.

Oh, if you have a hankering for off-road, there is a rally kit for the TC3. It'll raise the suspention up a bit and has a raised front bumper and even has rally tires. I've even done some custom work to get a full inch of ground clearance underneith. Now if you're thinking bigger, stadium truck, monster truck, what do you have in mind?

Comment

Had to get a new web host. Now let's see if they hotlink.

Oddly, I don't have any pics of my TC3 unmodified... I had a vid clip of some playing around on some day old snow. Most of it melted Too bad my web host has like a 7 day waiting period before I can upload large files.

Oh, here's my first love, a Traxxas Stampede:

I've got a bit of footage of my Pede(short for stampede).

Comment

Hmm, hotlinking not so hot. Anyways, right click->properties will get you the link.

Comment

yeah thats the kind i want, drift for food...big a$$ tires...monster truck style...it stopped raining but the ground is still wet...i dont want to screw up my insides..i dont wanna order crap online but i dont wanna go to yokota....does electric tape slide that good? or shouldi just go to the self help and borrow a drop saw for my pvc?

Comment

Working...
                                X