No announcement yet.

My RC drifter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The nice thing about RC's is that they don't mind the rain too much. You just need to waterproof the esc and you're good. The battery, motor, reciever, and servo doesn't care about water. Unless you turn your RC into a submarine in a water puddle, you won't have a problem. You can go Nitro as well.

Have you looked into RCs much? Know which ones/kinds you're looking at? All the RC companies have jumped on the monster truck bandwagon after Traxxas' Maxx became hughly popular(same brand as my Stampede). There's tons of choices now.

By the way, did the pics show for you? The web host is suppost to support hotlinking, but I've got nothing. I might have to search for another.

Comment

oh yeah i was wondering about camber settings...do i have to buy a kit to change it? or is there something like a pillow ball mount that im not seeing at all? and where can i get the camber kits if there is one for the tt-01

Comment

It varies by car, but for my TC3 is just as a turnbuckle as the upper suspension link. you can turn that to extend/shrink the length of the turbuckle and adjust camber. As far as the TT-01, it looks like a bouble wishbone setup. It seems fixed, but I assume there is a way of adjusting it, maybe different mounting locations for the upper arm, not sure. Tamiya does a great job with realism, but I don't look at them as race level cars. If you want a race level car with an almost identical layout, I'd go with the TC3. Buy a Tamiya body and their tires if you like them.

Comment

what does the adjustment thing look like? is it a screw or what? can u give me a pic of it?

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
            what does the adjustment thing look like? is it a screw or what? can u give me a pic of it?
            To adjust camber and toe, there are these threaded titanium rods with ball cups at the end of each. The rod connects the steering assembly of hubs of each side to the shock towers. To adjust these particular settings, simply shorten or extend the length of these rods with the ball cups (turnbuckles). You can also buy measuring gauges to attain accurate settings when adjusting allignment.

You can clearly see the adjustable turnbuckles that adjust camber(purple titanium rods shown).

On the right side of this picture, you can see a set of 4 turnbuckles that adjust camber and toe. Just look at the purple rods with the ball cups.

Hope this helps...
            Last edited by general ganja; 03-02-2004, 02:46 AM.

Comment

damn dude i read the tt-01 didnt come with camber adjusment things...damnit...is there another way!?!?!?! nooooooooooooo

Comment

The way it looked(TT-01, not picture above), there isn't an adjustment. Did you already buy it?

That's some pretty purple

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                  damn dude i read the tt-01 didnt come with camber adjusment things...damnit...is there another way!?!?!?! nooooooooooooo
                  Oh...yeah, the TT01 doesn't come with adjustable turnbuckles. They are a solid piece. However, you can buy the adjustable turnbuckles for them. As far as I know, the TL01 or TA03 hop-up adjustable turnbuckles should work. Parts should be available to you given that you're in Japan.

Comment

k i read something on rcuniverse about turn buckles for tt-01s

Comment

Yep, it's an upgrade part for it. You get 2 and they should replace the top dogbones...I think.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFSE3&P=7

You should be able to get 2 sets for all 4 corners, not sure. You may want to find a TT-01 forum or a Tamiya forum and ask. You could even e-mail Tamiya and ask.
                      Last edited by Drift For Food; 03-03-2004, 10:07 AM.

Comment

I don't think there is a need to change the dogbones/cvd's if he wants to add the adjustable tie-rods. In fact, I don't think there is even an association. That kit you posted is all that is needed to adjust camber for the front. You'll need another set to adjust camber for the rear. Also, if you want to adjust the toe for the front, you'll need a third set. I think you might have gotten "dogbones", relatively known as the axles, confused with "ball-ends" which is where the tie-rod's ball cups snap into place.

There are a few TT01 owners and a plethera of tamiya enthusiasts in the rcdrift.com forum. Go register and post a question regarding any further inquiries.
                        Last edited by general ganja; 03-04-2004, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Some new shots of my baby celsior

Comment

Kyosho Pureten alpha 1. DOnt need tape either I do alot of my drifting in the rain.

My mods include

-p2k2 pro motor
                            -duratrax 12t esc w/abs
                            -Kyosho spider adjustable tie and camber rods
                            -Hot bodies purp. alum. shocks
                            -Hpi purple springs (rear)
                            -Hpi neon yellow springs (front)
                            -30wt shock oil (front)
                            -80wt shock oil (rear)
                            -hpi purple aluminum screws
                            -hpi purple aluminum spring perches
                            -Duratrax 7 dollar slicks all around
                            -hpi 7 spoke rims (front) they are wider than 26mm so the tires are stretched. I really like the control
                            -hpi mesh rims (black) (rear)
                            -proline Celsior (Ls430) body (red)
                            -Futaba normal servo
                            -Kyosho perfex radio (futaba transmitter broke)
                            -Unknown neg camber in front
                            -0 camber in rear
                            -Alot of other stuff i cant rember just ask

Comment

Working...
                            X