• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puredrifting
    S'more, S'more...
    I remember =\

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
      Yeah Irwindale is probably the fastest D1 event because Irwindale is pretty much a huge oval. Not really much you can do with that ... I prefer a roadcourse with many different types of turns (I think its just more fun). About the Hawaii thing, I think you guys should have included the Drift Session as well. Shimos has done alot of 'firsts' at the drift session. If you goto his website and look on the right side a few blocks down "Drift Session Firsts" will list a few. To add a few, Drift Session had the first Japan ranked female driver to ever drift in the US. Drift Session also had the first US domestic cars to ever compete in a US comp. I definately think he should be mentioned if you are trying to recount the history of drifting in the US. But if thats not your goal, then no biggie. Like you said, alot of other media companies have covered the drift session, and a couple of guys are working together to make another DVD right now focusing on our local drivers. So anyone who wants to check out whats going on over here should have access to the info.

I'd love to see some of the stuff you guys are doing out there. You all seem quite skilled. the Southern california guys probably have a ways to go to catch up... aside from those of us who spent time in japan...

ha, i know, there should be a best of the best Hawaii vs California competition in a few years... that would be cool. Maybe some company getting rich of drifting material can host it, and film the thing.

Comment

Hey Nissan:

Cool idea! (the Hawaii versus California guys thing) Damn, I think that would actually make a cool DVD. I am sure in a few years, we will have the East Coast drift teams versus the Cali versus the Hawaii guys and women teams versus the guy teams, etc. This sport is just in it's infancy here and I am sure that we will eventually get there. What about events out in your neck of the woods, like Buttonwillow? Anything drifting related ever go on out there?

Now if you can just get about 100,000 of your friends to buy Pure Drifting, we'll see if we can put on the event ;-) That's how Option became so successful, they are D1, it's a brilliant business move, start your own sport and make videos of it.

Best,

Dan

Comment

DS has an event in May that was supposed to be a "hawaii vs. cali" kinda thing... but all the mainland guys pussed out/couldnt afford to come down...

Comment

Thought you guys might find these interesting...

Our very own Ken Gushi doing his thing at D1

Supposedly one of the fastest, highest horsepower AE-86s out there

Two of the drivers discuss Rhys Millen's GTO - I wasn't close enough to hear the conversation and I don't speak Japanese anyway but it was a good visual

Enjoy!

Dan

Comment

Hmm...what kind of shirt was Nomuken autographing at D1? ;-)

Best,

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Puredrifting
                Hey Nissan:
                What about events out in your neck of the woods, like Buttonwillow? Anything drifting related ever go on out there?

Dan
                Very little goes on here in this area, Ocasionally alittle is held at buttonwillow and right now a guy is talking about setting up a event there for a handful of drivers. But most the guys who attend those things arent from town here. I would say theres probably about 5 drifters in this city and immediate area. There might be a couple more, but we tend to keep to our selfs.

But its deffenately growing as is the skill level of our guys.

Comment

I saw that they shot the drifting portion of "Maximum Velocity" out at Buttonwillow with Alex Pfeiffer. We'd love to do a drifting video shoot out there sometime.

Dan

Comment

Hi:

How many of you are planning on attending DD14 at Irwindale on March 28th?

Dan

Comment

I might be there either in my Supra or an eight six. But DD15 is pretty much for sure for me. Especially because I hear Jasper is scouting ^_^

Comment

Some more fun images from D1...

Enjoy!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                        X