ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Drift:: Doriftomatic S13 (aka, "popo.")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Drift:: Doriftomatic S13 (aka, "popo.")

::towards the end of the long left-hander (on each of the 3 vid.clips) I obviously had trouble connecting into the following turn my second run within this clip was the better of the 2 drifts... enjoy!

http://www.samuraifiles.com/modules/...ies_drifts.wmv
    Last edited by ; 03-09-2004, 04:43 PM.

It looks like you had some fun out there.

Comment

texas drift man.....
      me and my friends all thought you were one of the most consistent drifters out there......along with that red 95or96 240 with the weird lookin hood

but ide say you come out on top seeing as its auto!

Comment

WoW ......nice drift.........whats the setup on that.......sweet

an inspiration to automagic silvias...........*thumbs up* bravo bravo

Comment

::

*Drift For Food- "It looks like you had some fun out there."

*yeah, too much fun! That's mostly what drifting's all about- having a good time~

**banged240_drift- "texas drift man.....
          me and my friends all thought you were one of the most consistent drifters out there......along with that red 95or96 240 with the weird lookin hood; but ide say you come out on top seeing as its auto!"

**thanx for the props~ the red-black S14 (round eye converted to shark eye front end) is a team member; one of the best who could connect the entire track smoothly!!

***DRFT_DREAM- "WoW ......nice drift.........whats the setup on that.......sweet, an inspiration to automagic silvias...........*thumbs up* bravo bravo"

***I always drift my best even if it doesn't go the way I plan, I suppose that only means I need even more practice ~

My set-up? Well I'm thinking that you're referring to my drift/mod./suspension set-up, just a handful:: J30 vlsd; Cusco Coilovers with Cusco pillow-ball upper mounts; Cusco front stb; Cusco spin -turn knob; Tanabe front underbrace & rear sway bar; Project Silvia front tension rods, engine torque dampener (yes it fits KA's! basically a 4th motor mount), & Titanium exhaust system; JDM Silvia front-end conversion, dual projectors, Q's bumper; 14x7 Panasport wheels; Kyo-ei wheel adapters; JDM 180sx front calipers/rotors; Project Mu front brake pads (street); Z32 fuel filter; K&N OEM replacement air filter; S14 seats; 4-point seatbelt harness (a necessity for any drifter! don't drift your body inside your car, let your car do the drifting instead ) more soon to come, stay tuned~

-Ronnie Z.

Comment

u did all that but not a 5 spd swap? may i know why?....

and why did u opt for a vlsd instead of a 1.5 way or 2 way lsd?

Comment

Running in low gear or drive?

Comment

i was there too but i liked it when it was raining in the moring though, i did a lot better. once it got dry i couldn't drift consistent anymore and also i had one set of bad tires. i used this set up i borrowed another set from someone else. well i had a lot of fun that day. the picture is not from this event at pennington, it's from the last houston event.
                Attached Files

Comment

another automagic or 5 spd?

Comment

mine's a 5 speed.

Comment

Yoooooouuur maaaah heeeeerrrooooooo lolz

Comment

::

*DRFT_DREAM- "u did all that but not a 5 spd swap? may i know why?....

and why did u opt for a vlsd instead of a 1.5 way or 2 way lsd?

*Well, I did all this first because the bolt on process was much more simpler than if I were to swap out the auto tranny to a manual one (takes a lot more time and money). Like I said, it was a "process" so it didn't happen overnight; took appx. a yr to accumulate every part, and I'm still not done. Eventually, when my automatic blows out from the abuse that I put it thru, then I'll swap. Till then, it's PRND21 Dorifto! I bought the vlsd for less than $100, so had to do it- when I get around to it I will go for a 2 way lsd~

**ACDSupra7- "Running in low gear or drive?"

**I'm rarely drifting in "D" (Drive); it's either "2" or "1" on the dorifto-selector Honestly I find that "D" is no good when it comes to choosing what gear you want to drift in. In this case "D" ONLY stands for Drive, not Drift~

***S13_Steve- "Yoooooouuur maaaah heeeeerrrooooooo lolz"

***Who me or MongolDrifter?? I'm sensing sarcasm, but if your message is for me, I'll take that as a compliement~

Comment

hell yeah go auto drifters

Its good to see im not the only one.. Have you guys pulled out the little sensor to make it shift harder? i've found the cars abit more enjoyable now.

I pulled off my first none handbrake or power over drift the other day in my auto, a kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* braking drift into a S turn, when i get alittle better at it i will post some videos.

Though i do want a 5 speed swap i think with some more power and a LSD, a auto can be pretty competitive. Something to try in the future lol..

Comment

so anyone bringing an auto to drift show off clinic? hehehehe

Comment

What tecnique are you using? Feint and sidebrake?

Comment

Working...
                              X