cold air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold air intake

ok so i know this has nothing to do with drifting, but it somewhat is connected to automotive. i made a cold air intake for my computer, but the air isnt better. my cpu used to be 104f but when i put the intake in, it goes to 106f. anyone know what's wrong?
    Attached Files

thats so hot.

Comment

turbocharge that sucker and slap a giant intercooler on it

Comment

hmm, the intercooler part sounds pretty cooll. i dont know bout the turbine cause the processor fan doesnt have enough pressure to make the spinny thing spin. btw, how much would a intercooler or radiator cost at a junk yard?

Comment

lol

HAHAHAHAHAHA LOL KEEP US UPDATE ON UR PROJECT LOL

Comment

HAHAHAH LOL!

Maybe you should try to have something sucking air thorugh the tube and blowing it on the cpu to cool it down? I don't know how you would do it but just my 2 cents.

good luck on it.... lol

Comment

jung, you wouldnt happen to know jorge "junbug" would you?

Comment

that is gerorge

Comment

ummm...... no

Comment

I got a twin turbo on my compaq and she's running low 10's on the track...I found that the best thing to do to get her drifting is to slap on a LSD, and she will be pulling atleast a G on the corners!!!

Comment

It's hotter with the intake right now probably because some furnace duct is forming a draft that you don't know about that is aimed at the intakes opening. What might work is if you got one of those super high power fans and stuck it to the end of the intake. You could always make a water cooling system too, I was thinking about one for my computer, they have radiators that you can make stick out the front too.

Comment

Mr. Mecha, i have no idea what you're saying.

Comment

throw somw 18's on it lol

Comment

1.That intake is done all wrong.Look on any car,notice where the intake is located,it is near an area where air can easily be sucked in(near the wheel well in a lot of cases).Your intake points up,it's more like an exhaust than an intake.You should have it go out,then turn right,where you then conveinently place a fan that you crank on high.This will now turn you cold air intake into forced induction,haha.

2.With all that power,you need a good cooling system,look here.

http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/aquarius/a1681.htm

Comment

Zalman makes really good quiet PC cooling. You should check them out before Thermaltake cause liquid cooling is spensive and dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                              X