No announcement yet.

cold air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow you guys are really helpful. thermaltake, hmm, i used to have one but i didnt like it cause it was too loud. zalman is nice and quiet but its too damn expensive. i'm trying to do what i can to get better airflow by using DIY parts.

heres another shot of my computer. give me some ideas please.
    Attached Files

Comment

Zalman is expensive? I wasn't aware. Newegg.com has cheaper prices than most people. Try there. I think Zalman is cheap for what you get. My 2cents

Comment

No offence intended, but thats ghey. You just adding alot of air resistance to your inlet tract. And it looks ghetto too.

Soon you will se something similar to an intercooler on the front of my case, im watercooling my rig so ill have a big fat radiator on the front . I also have a LCD screen on the front too
        Attached Files

Comment

hahah... *sits and laughs* A heat sink maybe?

Comment

From what I can see in your pics you could use some more case fans. Not enough air is escaping your box. Get rid of hte intake and make a bezel for two or three fans. Ebay has 40mm fans for real cheap. Even in bulk. They'd be great for a 5.25" drive bay... I think. Yeah I guess Zalman is a little more spensive, but it's quiet. If you have a window air conditioner in your room you can run that intake to the ac. That will definitely be cool air. My window ac is too far away from my comp. I say add some case fans and get a better proc fan and heat sink. My comp runs pretty hot too, but all computers do. You could always spray liquid nitrogen into your case in very small increments. That might make it cold.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

dont try the liquid nitrogen thing, or CO2; i learned from experience. I got my paintball CO2 tank and sprayed it the case and it made water condense all over the place, frying the comp.
              But my comp i have now kicks more *Censored**Censored**Censored* than my old one.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn
                No offence intended, but thats ghey. You just adding alot of air resistance to your inlet tract. And it looks ghetto too.

Soon you will se something similar to an intercooler on the front of my case, im watercooling my rig so ill have a big fat radiator on the front . I also have a LCD screen on the front too
                that thing looks awful, you where calling his ghetto??? you got freaking LCD shiz not covered, a hole under your mis-matched color CD drives and you have 2 of the same "powered by Albatron" stickers, wtf?

Comment

Glenn you just created the first documented rice computer. why glenn why did you have to do this? also in the process you have created the first rice computer hater. now ricers everywhere will be dressing their computers up in ugly body kits... giant aluminum wings and stickers. every sticker adds 1 MB of hard drive storage. no the horror! the neons are coming, the neons are coming! the utter and complete horror!!

Comment

Hey!!! I have neon in my case. My fan card is UV reactive and has blue LEDs in it. Nothing wrong with neon in the case. increases visibility. But I agree that his case aint that good. Not very clean. I wouldn't mind having an LCD or a window, but I'd do a better job of it. Oh well. Maybe I'll post pics of my case.

Comment

Working...
                    X