No announcement yet.

European Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl, you have set yourself up for massive flaming; I'm going to try to correct you without flaming. You didn't only state opinions, you stated facts. Facts can be wrong.

1. German cars rank highest among car builders in terms of build quality. I don't know what car you had that created this unfounded animosity against German cars, but I must take offense as the driver of two BMWs. Look it up, BMW is ranked among the highest quality brands in the world.

2. BMW is an entirely seperate company from VW, the parent company of Audi and Skoda. To lump BMW with VW is entirely wrong. All cars sold under the BMW brand name are rear- or all-wheel-drive. The Mini is sold under the "Mini" brand name and is thus discluded. The VW Auto Group sells mostly front- and all-wheel-drive vehicles. To confuse them is an egregarious mistake.

Jaguar is now owned by the PAG, i.e. Ford International. Your British cars aren't quite so British after all... Have you looked at their sticker prices, or maybe their recall notices? They're expensive, just like the "inferior" German cars. Odd that they have poor quality ratings, then.

I love Japanese cars, but your love is simply too much, as some are facsimiles of other cars. Examples: Lexus LS400/Mercedes S-class, Toyota MR-2(2nd gen)/Ferrari 348tb, Scion tC/any car in the entire freaking world, FC3S RX-7/Porsche 944... I suppose they're right about imitation being the most sincere form of flattery. (And notice that the most imitated cars are from the Continent)

Moral of the story is: Don't go spreading misinformation and derogatory opinions unless you can back them up.

Comment

I dont need to back anything I say up, they are all my opinions. I dont like german cars because they all look alike. indeed german and american companies have bought the british car companies out, and unfortunatly their designers have taken them and destroyed the history of the cars, PLEASE NOTE THIS IS MY OPINION, I AM NOT STATING A FACT.

I made a mistake about including BMW, yes the 4 companies are infact audi, skoda, VW and seat. I dont know why people are taking offence just because they drive that type of car, Im not being personal im not personally attaking anyone on this board, but you feel that you can personally attak me? Say what you want about british, japanese, german, american cars. Im not going to take your opinions personally because im not like that.

you must of not read what I said in the previous post where I stated that I said the british cars thing as a matter of nationality, Again please READ what I say before you flame me.

So what if its owned by americans. So what if some people rate german cars as the best build quality. I am allowed to express my opinions, dont get all defensive about a car that you own. Chill, have a beer and relax. I dont want to get into an argument. I jsut said I dont like german cars, I dont like the looks, I dont like the "quality". I dont like the style of them, I am allowed to not like them. When i said about build quality i was refering to european cars generally. That doesnt mean I was refering to every single european car ever made. Have some common sense and think about it please. Do you really think I would say ferrari were poor? no, you only jumped at me because you own a european car. in my opinion thats unfortunate. I own 2 Japanese cars, its what I want to own, you can say what you like about them it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
        Opel Kadette
        daddy like. Did they ever sell anything like that in america?

Comment

Originally posted by WildSe7en
          my favorite European car - Lotus Motorsport Elise
          oh man i like that

Comment

do you guys watch fia etcc? the alfa romeo's and the bmw's dominate the tracks

Comment

k man u dont know what ur talking about.
              Your talking about tvr's, lotus,bentlys, aston martin etc...
              and you are sayin german cars suck because they are expensive.

Compare them.

Porsche a shopping car ???

ur dumb

not a shopping car
              Attached Files

Comment

Such a sexy Porsche

Comment

Carl, most of what you said was indeed incorrect facts under the guise of opinions. You cannot have the "opinion" that German cars in general have poor build quality. That is simply a gross generalization and a fallacy.

I never once personally attacked you, I just referred to what you said in your post. I am sorry if you took offense, but I must correct injustice.

It's fine that you like British cars because of nationality, but patriotism hasn't gotten me hooked on U.S. domestics. We currently have two (a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a GMC Suburban) and I am most definitely not satisfied fully with either.

"I love Japanese cars"-my previous post. I am not biased toward one end of the spectrum or another. I am currently looking for a 240SX, which is Japanese. I wouldn't mind an FC3S RX-7 Turbo II, or a Chaser, or an SC300, all of which are Japanese. As a car afficionado, I will consider anything which can handle or go fast as a viable candidate to support.

Comment

Three words... Opel Speedster Turbo. 198 hp, lotus elise chassis without the squashed-wasp face (not that its not intriguing or mean looking, but the Opel has it beat for timeless good looks), little bit bigger and easier to live with, GM's Ecotec 2.0 liter turbo engine already has quite a few upgrades for it (stealing from the riced cavaliers and saturns lol)... I could just go on and on about this car... but Ill spare everyone and just give a pic. I just wish it came to the states. I think the next Speedster/VX220 is gonna be based off the Pontiac Solstice (Epsilon chassis?)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyman
                      Hi,

I am from germany.

This is my old car! Itīs an Opel Calibra (in England an Vauhall)
                      Itīs an FR Car I Sold it to buy an Subaru Impreza WRX STi

[IMG]http3.jpg[/IMG]
                      FR = front engine rear drive ?

The Calibra is either FF or 4x4 - Never been build as an FR

regards/
                      ...............Kristian

Comment

merc's and vw may be nice cars but thier customer support is pants its been sead on tv my partents on a merc (clk 320) there not happy with thier support and my mums VW company car has had issues.

i own a french car and its held together very nicly over the years but it looks like a sack of sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by Carl
                          I dont need to back anything I say up, they are all my opinions. I dont like german cars because they all look alike. indeed german and american companies have bought the british car companies out, and unfortunatly their designers have taken them and destroyed the history of the cars, PLEASE NOTE THIS IS MY OPINION, I AM NOT STATING A FACT.

I made a mistake about including BMW, yes the 4 companies are infact audi, skoda, VW and seat. I dont know why people are taking offence just because they drive that type of car, Im not being personal im not personally attaking anyone on this board, but you feel that you can personally attak me? Say what you want about british, japanese, german, american cars. Im not going to take your opinions personally because im not like that.

you must of not read what I said in the previous post where I stated that I said the british cars thing as a matter of nationality, Again please READ what I say before you flame me.

So what if its owned by americans. So what if some people rate german cars as the best build quality. I am allowed to express my opinions, dont get all defensive about a car that you own. Chill, have a beer and relax. I dont want to get into an argument. I jsut said I dont like german cars, I dont like the looks, I dont like the "quality". I dont like the style of them, I am allowed to not like them. When i said about build quality i was refering to european cars generally. That doesnt mean I was refering to every single european car ever made. Have some common sense and think about it please. Do you really think I would say ferrari were poor? no, you only jumped at me because you own a european car. in my opinion thats unfortunate. I own 2 Japanese cars, its what I want to own, you can say what you like about them it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
                          Well.. It sounded like you were stating facts.. Sorry if I missunderstood that... But you should know that some of us take dissrespect towards our 'car company' as an attack on us as persons.
                          Atleast we got it all clear... Now I think I'm going to take you up on that beer!

BTW!
                          Not all of the fact's are true! BMW's are not only RWD.. They have AWD's too
                          But ya'll forgot the Frech cars! (though they have some sweet cars )
                          Last edited by sin-R; 04-01-2004, 08:58 AM.

Comment

I have allways wanted to drift a MB e55 AMG

Comment

Oh sorry!

Calibra my Calibra was FF not FR
                              The Turbos an some 16vīs are with 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X