No announcement yet.

S12 (yes 12) Silvias???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend owns one of those with the CA18ET...it's an alright car...doesn't really drift to well. He put a straight exhaust with an N1 turbo on the end. And I believe he put 300zx springs or something in there forgot what. The car slides but not as smoothly as I would like it too. Also the cars power output isn't enough in my opinion. If you built up the motor a little more or ran more boost then the car would probably be okay.

Comment

yeah, i've had one for several months now, havent really been able to do much to it. its not bad, the v6 has good torque, and a lot of room to build. most people claim there isnt much aftermarket,but yeah, there is. its just not like the 240's,and the hachi's. the silvia, with the fj20det is crazy,but oh wait, we didnt get it. yeah, let me know if you need any info, paul over at driftcentral knows a good bit as well. they're kinda cool because it has the looks of the hachi, but a lot more power. and, they arent as popular, so you can pick em up cheaper. actually, i'm selling one if anyone's interested.

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
        S12 with a FJ20 inside - total drift car...

-MR
        looks like the MKII supra

Comment

capitalking is right. these things go for like 400 bucks in good condition. my friend is getting one. also, capitalking, how much are u selling yours for? j/w

Comment

Some pictures more on http://www.driftingdragons.tk/

[/url]

Comment

thanks that really helped.

Comment

i chose the s13, cause i have one, but i really want a j-spec s14.....about s12's, they are pretty cool in my opinion, never driven one though....

Comment

I never noticed how much those look like a *Censored**Censored**Censored* hachi roku... (^-^)

Comment

FJ's are the sheezy!! lol, i want one in my RPS13!!

anyway, id say the RPS13 is my favorite!!! i lobe them sooooo much!!!

had the chance to trade for a S14 once but said no (both cars stcok exept i/e and i have struts and springs )

Comment

blegh, whenever i come on to drifting.com , i always plan to respond to this topic but i always forget, so yeah, here i go

my mom had a Nissan S12 before i was born and until i was about 10 years old. she bought it after becoming a registered nurse working in that hospital in Downtown L.A. since she had the better pay now. She told me the story on how she was looking for a nice sporty car but not for too much. her choice came on a black Nissan 200SX (S12 in america). But then she saw a white one at a different dealer and fell in love with the white one.
                      the car came with a black spoiler (similar to Benson's SilEighty from www.sileightymania.com ). It also came with gunmetal sport rims, hood-scoop, and to top it off, a turbo. after a couple years, the turbo was failing on her and taking it to the shop all the time was a hassle and it was taking so much money to always repair. my dad's friends friend was really good at repairing nissans and turbos so he gave him a call and off we went, trying to fix the car one last time. about after 4 days, no hope. so we sold the car a couple weeks later, and thats the last i've seen that car.

that car was what i wanted when i got my license but they just had to sell it. i was in love with that car. my mom would let me shift the gears on the freeway or when we would just be going around town when i was still very small and young, and that sparked my passion for autombiles, especially nissans. it is the reason why i am trying to pursue a career in automotive. i have a few pictures i found in our family album of the car, so here they are.

Last edited by CounterLock; 05-30-2004, 08:23 PM.

Comment

dude awesome story! i wish my mom would've gotten an S12... but hey, just to let you know, you can get these for like 400 bucks, so i hope your spark for cars (especially Nissans) doesnt go out. and just to let you know, I'm a Nissan addict too. I fell in lvoe with them from my mom's 91 maxima.

Comment

right on.
                          theres just something about Nissans that pull me in, my whole family too. Currently, we own a Nissan Frontier, Nissan Altima, and my dad is thinking about buying a Nissan Armada (which im going to make it my mobile party machine ;D). My dad and I are currently searching for any Nissan 240SX Fastback's for me in the Long Beach area. No luck, i would have never imagined it would be so hard to find this car in my area!

but my sister wants a mini cooper...

*EDIT*
                          oh, and did my mention my uncle and his wife both owned Nissan 510's when they were dating wayyy back?

On the other note about my moms S12...-
                          I tried buying it back a month or two ago after digging through papers to find the owner.When i called the owner, he told me he had sold the car in Mexico a few months ago for 150 bucks.

just brings tears to my eyes
                          Last edited by CounterLock; 05-30-2004, 10:53 PM.

Comment

I used to have one with the 2.0 NA engine, the CA20E... made decent power, it handled well, and i got the rear end out on occasion. Unfortunately, after working on it for a year and a half before registering it, and driving it two months after registering, someone nailed me and totaled it. But I loved the car, the tail would swing out nice and progressively, and it really got me into working on cars. If i had the $, id love to get another one, but all my money is going into my FC now.
                            Attached Files

Comment

yeah, well we aint got no nissans . we got a 96 tacoma 4x4 and a 97 camry. the tacoma is nice its got decent powre and u can get the back to swing out in RWD mode, but its still a pickup (remember the whole Christian Rado thing )

Comment

Yeah i am paul from driftcentral.com and i have had mine for over a year and i love the car. its falling apart but it does the job. The v6 has great torque in 2nd gear just a little feint gets the rear end out with a bit of gas. Mine has some harder KYB shocks in the rear so its a little scary in the rain but a good car i'd recomend to anyone wanting a good invisable drift car... One thing to note the ergonomics suck beyond compair Why the drivers side is smaller than the passenger side i will never know.

Comment

Working...
                                X