No announcement yet.

S12 (yes 12) Silvias???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heya, i signed up just to post in this thread after having it pointed out to me by some club s12 forum guys. I'll hang around after this post still though hehe
    Anyways i have a S12 (gazelle in australia) which i have set up for drift with the local initialdrift club.
    I'm not that great yet but i have some photos of the last practice day i went to here for youse anyways. I've done some more setup since then which has improved the car somewhat to (shortened castor rods, strut brace etc). I can put up some specs and stuff of my car and my mates cars if you like.

Those pics were all of me, this is my mates gazelle out at the same track on a different day.
    Last edited by Nebuchernezzer; 08-30-2004, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nebuchernezzer
      Heya, i signed up just to post in this thread after having it pointed out to me by some club s12 forum guys. I'll hang around after this post still though hehe
      Anyways i have a S12 (gazelle in australia) which i have set up for drift with the local initialdrift club.
      I'm not that great yet but i have some photos of the last practice day i went to here for youse anyways. I've done some more setup since then which has improved the car somewhat to (shortened castor rods, strut brace etc).
      way to not tell them how to get to the forum Neb ahhaha

if you wanna find TONS of info and lots of people who love and know lots about the S12, one of the best places is club-s12.org

http://www.club-s12.org

http://www.club-s12.org/board is the link for the forum

http://www.club-s12.org/forum is the link for the archived forum(there were problems transferring the threads so the first link to the forum does not contain all the information posted)

and yes, I own an S12 too. and although the aftermarket support isn't strong and I have the non-turbo, I still love my car and knowing that one day, hopefully soon, the s12 will be a sought after car as much as the S13 and AE86 are.

just for clarification.

the motor options in north america were.
      In Canada
      1984-1988 (ca20e, ca18et)

In USA
      1984-1986(ca18et, ca20e)
      1987-1988(ca20e, vg30e)

the UK also got the FJ20E, but only Japan got the FJ20ET

for those that dont' know, the FJ20ET was the motor in the R30 "Iron Mask" skylines. this was one of nissans first DOHC motors(the D is not in the engine code, but they are DOHC) and produced 180hp in the skylines and slightly less in the S12s.

Comment

way to not tell them how to get to the forum Neb ahhaha
        DO'H
        ah well...they can get there now at least....
        Also oz spec cars have a CA20e.....not a great ammount of power there, easy to swap somthing else in though.

Comment

I love mine ('87 CA20E Notchback) ...

I average around 35 mpg and it has more than enough power for my normal driving habits but lacks the power to drift on dry pavement. It handles quite well, though I'm sure it could be improved. Where I live, there are tons of twisties for dry weather and it rains a lot, so that makes drifting easier If I drive like a granny, I average just over 40 mpg.

The cockpit is cramped and the roof is low, so don't even bother getting this car if you're over 6 feet tall. Don't put passengers in the back ... it's cruel. Visibility can be a pain if your dash isn't dulled by some method because the light reflects off the dash onto the front windshield. Letting dust collect on the dash solves this, though The interior can get quite noisy at highway speeds. The interior is kind of dull, could really use some accents. I like the front seats, supportive and comfy. The sunroof has one annoying feature; it stops halfway so you have to push the button again. Power everything (windows, locks, sunroof, mirrors, brakes, steering, etc.) is standard on all '85-'88 models (or '86-'88 models, can't remember exactly).

Plenty of stopping power (8" discs all around) but, obviously, no ABS so you need to practice your wet weather braking. Slides are easy to control for me, even when I don't intentionally induce them (i.e. black ice), though I did spin a couple times the first winter I got it. I usually go to my local hockey rink in the winter and slide around, practice emergency maneuvers, etc. a couple of nights a month. Acceleration is mediocre, but that's to be expected from a 102 hp engine. The thing I like about the engine is that it has a good amount of torque down low, which makes it great for cruising around town. That low-range/mid-range power also makes it good for coming out of corners, IMO ...

Comment

The cockpit is cramped and the roof is low, so don't even bother getting this car if you're over 6 feet tall. Don't put passengers in the back ... it's cruel.
            Yeah headspace with the power sunroof is laughable. I'm 5'11" and i have made solid seat rails for my OBX drivers seat to drop me as low as possible, it could still do with being a bit lower though. Same for rear seat passengers, i used to have a non power sunroof car and it was a million times better. It was pretty gutless in the dry but the basic chassis is a good starting point for a drifter (its not so crash hot standard though hehe). The chassis up to the front of the rear suspension is very very similar to an S13 and a few people around use S13 coilovers and other S13 gear (like brakes etc) in the front ends (i do as does salps12, the driver of the white hatch in my other post).

Comment

HEHE i saw the 200sx in englishtown drifting. Idk who driver was but it was a white 1 too. The front looks almost identical to the Trueno from a distance!

Comment

Look at Neb gettin it out.....HAHAHAHA...That *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* is hot......

OK not a huge drifter but I am setting my Newest S12 up for drifting just cause I allready have a Drag car.....

1987 S12 SEV6 Heavily moddified..(VG33 Frontier block built bottom end forged with 9.2:1 comp. pistons ported heads, Cop off of the Z31 setup tubular manifold, running a T4 turbo, Isky cams, And a lot of other crap........) I ran a 12.4 at 119 MPH at MIR last year and hope to be in the tens this year seeing as Ive gone Stand alone and added some Nitrous in the mix.....

My Current project an 86 S12 With a heavily modded (came out of my S14) SR20DET 50# MSD's, Custom top feed fuel rail, JWT tuned ECU for Z32 MAF and the injectors plus the base tune, GTiR T28, Topspeed 3" DP, 3" Custom (made from a S14 Apexi N1) catback exhaust, Custom aluminum drive shaft, Greddy rocker arm stoppers, HKS stage 1 cams, ported throttlebody, Ported Head, Went ahaead and broke down and ordered a quaife Differential (expensive as *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*)

Shoes consist of 5Zigen FN01RC's 17X8 all around With Pirelli P7000's at the moment, S13 front suspension with tanabe Front coilovers and a set rear lowering springs for a Z31 on the way (have the euro springs on right now, looks like a muscle car...HAHAHA) Custom front strut bar, Custom sway bars, custom lower tie bar, Custom camber kit, and I have a B&M short shifter on the way (just because I hate shifting so far, Im lazy)

So as you can see S12's are on the up and up......Keep your eyes open and make sure not to go up to a guy with an S12 and say "Hey nice 86" LOL

-Jeff

This will be my last post seeing as how I have too many forums to keep up with at the moment.......

Comment

WOW!

wow guys thnx for all the info... it rox that this super old thread got a mention on clubs12

well the tides have turned... I am currently in Israel and haven't seen one yet. I have seen them in europe (it rox to see a 200 and then a little 1.8t badge, cuz u jsut know it a CA18 under there ) but i was wondering if any of the club s12 guys heardof them in this little sandbox of a country...

once again, thanks to all the visitors from ClubS12, u should like it here, there are some noobs, but then again, it is the internet. So, welcome.

Comment

Heh, yeah ...

Even better than having your S12 called an 86 ... you can invest your time, and well time (no money) into a fixed headlight conversion

"Dude ... nice Levin conversion!"

Wow, haven't seen this many clubS12 members all in one place before

Yup S12 = hot sex

Faster stock than the S13s

Lighter

Came turbo ... weenie little T2, but T28 bolts on

dirt cheap

LSDs aplenty

And they do drift ... hoo boy.

Usually I prefer when we post pics of our cars from "rat rides" and then work our way up to Neb's.

But this is my broken S12 in no semblance of progress, followed by some members and a b@stard 86 that snuck into the picture.

Don't know about any S12s in Israel ... closest to there would be Turkey for S12 members

Comment

Originally posted by mr200
                      Heh, yeah ...

Even better than having your S12 called an 86 ... you can invest your time, and well time (no money) into a fixed headlight conversion

"Dude ... nice Levin conversion!"

Wow, haven't seen this many clubS12 members all in one place before

Yup S12 = hot sex

Faster stock than the S13s

Lighter

Came turbo ... weenie little T2, but T28 bolts on

dirt cheap

LSDs aplenty

And they do drift ... hoo boy.

Usually I prefer when we post pics of our cars from "rat rides" and then work our way up to Neb's.

But this is my broken S12 in no semblance of progress, followed by some members and a b@stard 86 that snuck into the picture.

Don't know about any S12s in Israel ... closest to there would be Turkey for S12 members
                      Ive seen your car somewhere.....Maybe it was on Club-S12? Bet those headlights are a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* to fit....Im OK with my pop ups.....

Comment

Wasn't hard at all actually. Just had to fab a brace and wire it all in.

It's come a long way since that pic, you can sorta make it out in my Avatar.

All 3 of those S12s are from clubS12, sadly so is the Hachi.

Comment

S12 with an identity crisis

Comment

hahahahahahahha

closest to there would be Turkey for S12 members
                            The widebody S12 in Ankara is HOT!!

Comment

it has been a dream of mine to get an s12 to put all the parts i pull out of an s13 into (suspension ka24de etc) anywho i like the s13 chassis the most, s15 second and s12 third.

Also Mr200, i read your post on the headlight conversion. were they sunbird/sunfire lights or something?

Comment

Originally posted by 05m0515
                                lol nice, best thing ive seen though... one of those accords that looks kinda like an 86 with a "Fujiwara Tufo Shop" written in jap on the side.

Comment

Working...
                                X