No announcement yet.

thought you all might like this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That conversion would look totally sick on a convertible!

Comment

Originally posted by zack
      hey does some-one have a link to some sights that sell these kits.
      Its called CUSTOM

Comment

yah these s chassis conversions are getting out of control. has to be the worst thing to happen to the s chassis since the "fang" body kit for the s14

Comment

Originally posted by kimcheekid
          yah these s chassis conversions are getting out of control. has to be the worst thing to happen to the s chassis since the "fang" body kit for the s14
          Who cares. some guys want it to look different i dont care. Not nessisarly something i would do but its alright.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
            Who cares. some guys want it to look different i dont care. Not nessisarly something i would do but its alright.
            being the owner of a s14 im gettin scared that the car s chassis is gonna get played out (just like the s13 chassis around my town). im talkin played out like civics, integras, etc. i dont know what im gonna do after s14 get played out, maybe go in the corner in a fetal position and cry

Comment

Originally posted by kimcheekid
              being the owner of a s14 im gettin scared that the car s chassis is gonna get played out (just like the s13 chassis around my town). im talkin played out like civics, integras, etc. i dont know what im gonna do after s14 get played out, maybe go in the corner in a fetal position and cry
              Well the S13 is rare to be modified here.. but even if there was one on every block i would still have mine.. i dont care what others do. doesnt bother me. im not the kind whos always "trying to be different" my skill is what sets me apart, not my car.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FreeThinker
                It's not that bad really. Like $800 for an S14 Kouki complete front end, nice wheels, lowered suspension and clean paint. So figure about $4,000 plus the cost of the car, then motor and work if you want it go go as good as it looks.

wft have u been smokin. a s14 kouki front end is $1500 at least w/ used parts. and dont tell me otherwise cause i did the convesion. the volk TE37 shown in ur photoshop at least wheels are about $450 (for 17x7.5 which is not gonna fit) a piece. Suspension is at least $1100 and up. paint pshhhhhhhh seeing ur photoshop its gonna cost a grip. and motor hahahahahahaha ur gonna be in debt.

so lets see ur about ummmm...4400 off without paint or body kit and no motorwork with out car. with body kit thats another 1855. so yah i dont think u have anyclue about what ur wanting to do

Comment

im not the kind whos always "trying to be different" my skill is what sets me apart, not my car.
                  that line brought a tear to my eye

Comment

theres something about that.. i dont know what, i cant deside if i love it or hate it.. I'd like to see it with some wantanabe wheels and a different air dam though.

And heres something to chew on.. How come its considered rice to do a front end converstion with a honda.. but Nissans are okay? (just something to think about before you yell rice next time)

EDIT: left out the whole subject.. heh sorry bought that..
                    I dont really care if a car is a honda or not when i call it rice i've seen a riced GT-R gone to waste in one of the option mags i have laying around.
                    If the car is all show and no go, then its "rice."
                    If a honda's got battle scars from going up and down touges and looks badass It's a nice azz honda, not rice.
                    respect the honda, they do pretty well for NA cars

Comment

about the whole rice thing, i think as long as they do a good job fitting everything, i.e. molding the body kit, actually painting the ugly blue fiberglass comes from the factory, etc., i dont have a problem with it. The one thing i will yell ricer for is, civics (FF) getting larger back wheels! Think about that, more weight on wheels that arent powered, and are literly being dragged, being slowed down by weight, while the wheels that are powered have a smaller contact patch than the rear wheels dramatically slows down the car. Now that i'm done ranting, thats a good PS job looks pretty realistic.

edit- another bout on the whole rice thing, the other day at Fry's (always a lot of "ricers" there) i saw a Civic HB with a front window sticker that said "Drifter X", then as i walked a bit further i saw a Camry with the same front window sticker, at that point i was getting rather peeved and then as to make me more angry there was a Focus with a huge side decal that said Drift. I didnt see a single "drift car" in that parking lot you'd think somebody there would actually have one since it seems they all have heard of drifting but alas just a bunch of FF "drifter x's"
                      Last edited by Xantos; 06-05-2004, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FreeThinker
                        Maybe I didnt type it clearly enough. I can get a full Kouki front any day for $800, I figured $2,000 for good wheels (for $500 each I can get top quality wheels), $1,000 for good suspension (look in the right places) and decent paint is about $1000 (although I can get it done cheaper) So that's $4,800 I'm not sure why I was of by 800 before, but who cares. Now figure $2,000 for SR blacktop, $500 for full exhaust, $1,000 for intercooler, BOV, air filter and boost controller plus even some cheap injectors and boom, youre makin' almost 300rwhp. Toss in aturbo/manifold combo, and youre over 400rwhp.

Why do you think everyone and his mom has a 240 these days?

-Sean
                        1 - i wasnt talking to u
                        2 - u have ur prices wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off.
                        3 - a kouki conversion is about $1,500 at best
                        4 - u got wheel prices good but what about tires
                        5 - suspension is about right
                        5 - paint about right
                        6 - SR is wayyyyyyyyy off to. a s14 blacktop is gonna run u about 2,500 for the motor without install so make that about 3,300
                        7 - and ur not gonna get a intercooler, BOV, air filter, boost controler, and injectors for $1000. a intercooler w/ piping is $1000.
                        8 - ur hp combos are wayyyyyyy off too. at best ur gonna make about 260hp
                        9 - people like u are the reason everyone and their mom has a 240

man we really need sum owned smilies

Comment

Maybe you can hook a fellow Nissan fan up on some choice engine deals.. im needing to get a SR20 in a few weeks to replace my blown KA.. just im me if you have some good guys to buy from.

Comment

wow, it sure is getting heated in here.......i love it!

now im not one to bag on hondas but in the question of what is rice my definition of rice is body styling that doesnt flow with the car and also parts that are useless, i.e. wider rear tires on front wheel drive cars.

rice is in the eye of the beholder IMO, i mean i like "old school" cars alot, the idea of a sleeper showing a porsche owner what a real car is brings a tear to my eye. i also love the STI, i think although it isnt that fastest, the styling is great. yea it has a big wing on the back but its a rally wing, not some fat aluminum wing you see all day on acuras. but then again i see drift s15's with even bigger cf wings and i like the look. i think if the "mod" if practical then its not rice.

also, why pay someone to put your SR20 in? i mean what happens when something goes wrong? you wont me able to fix it yourself. plus its $1500 for an install and you dont even know they are doing a good job. do it yourself, youll learn soo much and although time consuming its worth it in the long run. plus youll appreciate your car soo much more.

and about the comment that kimcheekid made, when you said "people like you are the reason everyone and their mom has a 240." what did you mean by that, i thought alot of people had one cause they were cheap to build and they are super fun to bang.

Comment

well..people might not want to do the sr20 installation themselves cuz they dont know how to do it, and the might do it WORSE than some garages. orrr they just might be lazy

edit: what if the acura really did need the wing for downforce? i get what you're trying to say but you dont really know how much hp the acura can push out.

we dont have much rice in japan, except for onbase where theres about like 2 MAX riced out cars. offbase though, people actually have plenty of horses to back up their appearance.
                              Last edited by markeese180sx; 06-06-2004, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FreeThinker
                                OK buddy. I've built or help build almost 20 240's. You think I might not know where to get stuff for the right price?

I am sorry to hear that you like getting ripped off. Stop buying from overpriced hop-on-the-NIssan-bandwagon retailers and go find parts for reasonable prices.

You know why so many people get royally fvcked on motors when they buy?? Because the retailers pay less than $1000 each for the motors, so when they have a bad motor, they dont care. Fvck the customer; they make so much money off all the other customers that they can afford to have sh!tty customer service.

And let's set another thing straight. I never said "S14 Blacktop"

First off those are two diferent things. THERE IS NO RED OR BLACK S14 MOTOR

THEY ARE ALL BLACK

So when I specified blacktop, I was referring to the S13 blacktop. If I wanted to talk about the S14 motor, I would just say S14 motor since they are all black.

Clearly you have a long way to go in your quest for 240sx knowledge. Do what I and all the other 240sx enthusiasts have done and just sit back, soak up the info and only contribute when you actually know what you're talking about.

-Sean

PS I'm pretty sure you WERE talking to me, who else would you have been talking to?
                                time for another list

1 - i wasnt talking to u. i was talking to the guy who started this tread. but now i am
                                2 - i didnt buy my *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* from bangwangon hoppers. i bought my converison straight from www.nissan-auto-parts-dealer.com
                                bought all my parts from a www.raretrick.com, www.jspec.com, www.tougefactory.com or from random group buys
                                3 - i know there is no redtop for s14.
                                4 - im sorry about confusing the motor with a s14 motor due to the fact that i forgot this thread was about a s13 to s14 conversion.
                                5 - i bet u wish i wasnt a 240sx enthusiest. and i bet u wish u did work on 20 240s
                                6 - u should see sum of my other recent posts to prove im an enthusiets
                                Last edited by kimcheekid; 06-06-2004, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X