X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i remember the rules were clear;

No rollcage, no tandem.

Comment

naoki, you are more than welcome to use my pics for your website! as long as im credited in some small way.. haha reminds me of the drifting.com pics where it says DRIFTING.COM in huge letters across it
      Last edited by yarzan; 06-28-2004, 08:57 PM.

Comment

i got another question: who here stayed till the very end? like 5:30ish with the awards ceremony and all, from what i saw there were maybe 30 people left as opposed to the something like 3-400 that they started out with, shows who is commited .

Comment

Originally posted by yarzan
          i got another question: who here stayed till the very end? like 5:30ish with the awards ceremony and all, from what i saw there were maybe 30 people left as opposed to the something like 3-400 that they started out with, shows who is commited .
          Thanks for the pictures of my mustang yarzan! Would it be ok if I put them up on my website with credits to you?

Well, I left after the first round (after being eliminated from the competition) because I was DEAD tired from two days straight of drifting in the heat, getting only 3-4 hours of sleep each night and getting up at 3:30am both mornings to make the drivers meeting. That was the first time I drifted for 8 months and only 2 weeks of driving the newly finished car so I was pretty burnt out by the time the competition came late Sunday. I would have loved to stay for the final round and ceremony but I had to call it a day.

Comment

The rules for tandem are very clear on the www.driftday.com website; in addition the people who tandem are qualified Drift Day instructors who can be trusted with their driving.

Quoted from the website:

Team Tandem Rules (demo drivers only)
            All drivers must be approved by Drift Association.
            No passengers allowed
            Both drivers must have:

SA95 or better helmet.

Six point roll cage or Drift Association approved roll bar.

Nomex Race suit

Nomex Shoes

Nomex Race gloves
            Not everyone can go out and do tandem. And passengers were allowed in some cars but not every car.

And I stayed till the end. In fact when I left the only people there were the Club4AG staff.

-alex
            Last edited by mav1178; 06-29-2004, 10:47 AM.

Comment

driftfox, you are more than welcome to use my pics if u credit me, or rather please use them . but yeah, i noticed u didnt do too good and thought it was because you were tired, a lot of ppl were tired and didnt do too well, but anyway, props for being different than everyone else with that 5.0 (even though it's a 4.9 theoretically ) and the announcer guy, i think, made too much fun of the drivers in my opinion, but he was a funny guy, didn't know too much aout cars though.

Comment

Originally posted by yarzan
                and the announcer guy, i think, made too much fun of the drivers in my opinion, but he was a funny guy, didn't know too much aout cars though.
                HAHAHAHAHA.

Javier is one of the most knowledgable guys, especially on Corollas.

And the whole point of him being an announcer was to make fun of the drivers. He has never failed at being able to entertain when the entertainment does not come strictly from the driving.

-alex

Comment

I stayed......long enough for the rest of my convoy back to Norcal to leave without me...Thanks, guys! (I did catch up at the gas station)

Seriously though, it was a great event and I'm glad everybody liked it. Big congratulations to the winners and in fact everybody who competed. I was watching during the practice and a lot of people were doing really well even if they didn't do as well on their judged runs.

I think there will be more competitions like this in the near future...Watch for it!

Comment

he might now about corollas but he didnt know too much about the silvia with the RB25 in it. he said it had 2 turbo's while in fact RB25DET's are known for 1 single turbo... he kept on saying "listen to those twin turbos" naw, but i a agree, he was a funny guy" as opposed to that stupid street fury guy... grrr....

Comment

I heared also no race suit no tandem.

Comment

hey, thanx for the pic of me and me FD. man, i didn't even notice you were taking a pic.

and that javier pointing out my pink shirt, i think he's jealous.

Comment

so u were the guy in the FD? hahaha, it seemed like u were trying to ignore me cuz it seemed like i was perstering you, but a photographers gotta do what hes gotta do to get his pics . also, i just loved ur Fd cuz it was so unique.

Comment

Originally posted by crimson
                            hey, thanx for the pic of me and me FD. man, i didn't even notice you were taking a pic.

and that javier pointing out my pink shirt, i think he's jealous.
                            Yeah when i got timeout for almost killing myself with the guardrail of death he made fun of my pink gloves. And I was gonna wear a pink shirt to the event like i normally do, but Chris and Tony and Jiinkz made me wear a Drift Alliance shirt. All black and hardcore. I didn't feel feminine enough! Hahaha. Nah, time for a change. Pink gloves are enough, Im going back to the pink on helmet like i always had, and keeping with the harcore black DA shirt. Cause its badass like a 4 year old with a shotgun and a mullet!

Comment

Originally posted by Pink_GodziRa
                              Yeah when i got timeout for almost killing myself with the guardrail of death he made fun of my pink gloves. And I was gonna wear a pink shirt to the event like i normally do, but Chris and Tony and Jiinkz made me wear a Drift Alliance shirt. All black and hardcore. I didn't feel feminine enough! Hahaha. Nah, time for a change. Pink gloves are enough, Im going back to the pink on helmet like i always had, and keeping with the harcore black DA shirt. Cause its badass like a 4 year old with a shotgun and a mullet!

Hitting that guardrail would be pretty bad, considering the designers foolishly put the car-deflecting part on the OUTSIDE of the parking lot and the car-destroying posts on the inside. Like they expected people to hit it from the road or something. What the hell.

Comment

haha, i never noticed that... maybe they werent expecting events to happen where the parking spots are, but expected the people to drive faster to their parking spot, than around it... you know what i mean.

Comment

Working...
                                X