No announcement yet.

i finally got my 240sx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car is great and im learning alot already with it.

It has Tokiko Blues springs and KYB GR-2 shocks, and generic brand front and rear strut tower bars (which ill replace with Cusco units when i have the money). The exhaust works for now, but ill change it out later on as well. I dont have any money to really play around with for now, so i cant do anything yet. But im going to try and save up to get some 5zigen FN-01R-C wheels 16x7, and good tires (prolly Kumho cause the price is right). The tires on the car suck really bad, so i cant really grip with it at all , so i guess now is the time to practice sliding and getting control of my car, which is what im trying to do, but im having a really hard time finding a place to do it safely without getting caught

If i find some good wheels for cheap later on when i have money, i might scrap the idea for the 5zigen wheels and get some used.... but for now i cant really do anything....

i also really need an LSD.... theyre expensive too... This is my second money pit hahaha. already went through all this on my mustang the last couple years... if i do decide to sell it, that would be easy money for this car tho

But main thing right now is keeping it good and strong, and learning the car and what i can do with it... but like i said before, its pretty hard to find a place to practice......... Ill keep ya all posted as i work on it more.

Comment

First, I would like to say nice find man.. price is not the MOST important thing on the car anyway. looks really clean. Good luck with whatever you have planned for it. *other than rice*

ok.. sorry to jack this thread for a moment but i wanted to address these 2 quotes..

Originally posted by allblackS14
      my god 3300 for a na car with 125k miles..i paid 3000k for my black top s14 with advan wheels and tein suspension...car looks clean have fun!

So your saying you paid 300,000~350,000 yen for you 1994 Qs ??
      I guess it must be because you in OKI because My friend picked one up for $500 bucks .. like 50,000 yen.. they also have on yahoo S14Qs BUY NOW .. for like 120,000~

im talking about what u paid for the car...and even if that r33 is free its still not a bargain. r33 suck. heavy *Censored**Censored**Censored* boats. and the gtst is weak imo. and unless u have ever drove one please dont disagree becasue gran turismo dosnt count. enjoy ur car bro and hook it up !
      yes it is fairly heavy but alot of that still can be taken care of.. BUT the weak part in my opinion is the turbo / engine.. RB20s are out dated and dont put out much power unless AT MINIMUM a serious turbo is put on..

Now.. why is it that you put the RB20 in your car? I mean if its so weak .. did you change the turbo ect.. /? because if you are selling it for 10K and you bought it for 3K .. where the heII is 7K worth of car going???

anyway

Comment

im talking about what u paid for the car...and even if that r33 is free its still not a bargain. r33 suck. heavy *Censored**Censored**Censored* boats. and the gtst is weak imo. and unless u have ever drove one please dont disagree becasue gran turismo dosnt count. enjoy ur car bro and hook it up !
        you dont like rb25det? I agree the body lines arent that nice haha I have drove one, I lived in the Japan for 9 years (Yokota and Kadena), so a siliva k's that you bought hooked up and you probably havent done anything to it yourself, doesnt impress me

oh and ps I have still seen silvia k for cheaper so I woudlnt brag as much if I were you
        Last edited by Brothaman240; 07-14-2004, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OH240SE
          i wish you luck my friend, hopefully u'll find something better.

ur in japan bro, u should find something as good if not better easily
          Lets just say I can drift a subway in Japan before I can drift a car in Japan...

Comment

the car looks really good man. good luck with that, and be careful of the milage..sure its not that high, but remember that drifting and performance driving puts quite a bit of stress on the car...but good luck!!

Comment

you shouldnt even be trippin about your strut bars for a while unless you just want the jdm bling. everybody i know says just got for the ebay ones and put the money elsewhere. as for lsd's you can pick up a 180sx vlsd for about 250-300 if you look, that should be decent for a begginer and its a pretty simple swap if you got the tools. anyways good luck with the car, sometimes i wish i had a 240 just because everything seems so easy with them

Comment

ok first of all the only work i havent done on the car or been involed with myself is the rb20 swap..only becasue im deployed right now to central asia till sept and the car went in to the garage in june. so were has 7 k went lets see...the car has a full gp sports g4 body kit i think the kit was 1300? (not on the car needs paint) 19in volks with 265/35/19 Advan Neova wheels in the front and 275/30/19 Bridgestone Potenzas in the rear. (not on the car, waiting till kit is on) which were $2200. currently there are Super advans on it in the front and volks in the rear 16/17in full cusco sway and strut bars, dont rememebr the cost, one Bride Brix seat 600, HKS exhaust 750? TRUST FMIC, dont remember the price still in box brand new, all the gauging, interior shite (momo wheel, trust shift knob, small stuff but it adds up, o yeah cant forget the tein circuit master suspension with EDFC, cusco control arms...plus the price of the rb20, swap and labor...the engine was only 600 but it was modded, tomei cams, upgraded turbo, (dont know what or size i havent seen it yet) BLITZ sequential BOV, ...and my favorite mod...the 2 way Kazz LSD the list goes on..since everything was installed on this car properly and it/will be tuned properly i think 10k is justified... not to mention the car has only 43k miles the rb20 had about 60k on it? so yes i paid 3000k for my car but it was a 94 with 43k on it. plus it wasnt stock when i got it...already had JIC suspension, 17 in works rims, cams, and some other bull crap
                Last edited by allblackS14; 07-14-2004, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X